PDA

View Full Version : To the old timers

old pudd fisher
12-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Do any of you guys or gals remember a small island that was near the east part of puddingstone? I seem to remember one thier in the 60's maybe I just smoked some funny stuff back then and thought I seen one. Let me know if you can.

CraigH
12-31-2008, 08:15 AM
I fished it when I was a kid in the mid - late 1960's and remember when the few roads were all dirt and you had to park by a boat rental building / wooden dock and hike to where you fished but I don't remember an island. We never rented a boat and always fished within easy walking distance of the dock so if the island wasn't in sight of that location we wouldn't have seen it.

Last year I fished a day and a half on the Sea Horse and ran into an older guy named Al who was one of the best fisherman I've ever seen. On the ride back in to Dana Point he was telling me he was on the board/commission/committee that turned Puddingstone into Bonelli Park and he knew more about the lake in the 60's than I could ever remember. If you can locate him I'm sure he would know about any island.

fishmounter
12-31-2008, 09:37 AM
I started fishing Puddingstone in 1967 when I got my drivers license. There were no freeways to take you there from where I lived in Fullerton. The 57 frwy. did not exist and the rolling hills just west of the lake had a curvy 2 lane road where some man sold bait, nightcrawlers and redworms out of his car on weekend mornings. We would sometimes park above the lake on the west side and hike down to the water to trout fish the southern shore, or when we "discovered" bass fishing, we would park at the old airport and walk in from there to fish the east end where there was a feeder creek and lots of brush and tules. There was never any island here. I don't even think there was any marina, or boat launch.

old pudd fisher
12-31-2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks for posting the info.I believe you guys but still swear thier was one thier it was very small around 1959 or so. O well thats why I asked thanks again.