PDA

View Full Version : West fork S.G.R and the pudd

TonyLisa
12-30-2008, 09:43 PM
my little cousin wanted to go fishing so i picked him up and got to the pudd around 7 in the morning. We started fishing for trout cause he has never caught one. Once again we tried everything in my bag with no bites. We gave up on the trout and i set him up for some bass with no bites either. Then we decided to go try the sgr went to the west fork and tried the first couple pools with some flies not much trout up there either just small ones my cousin still couldnt catch one he finally got frustrated and stoped fishing so thats when i new it was time to go home. Ill have to take him to the vine or mt baldy pools

ChiefMad
12-30-2008, 10:16 PM
i was there at pudd and i didnt see anyone catch anything and all the post here say same thing

old pudd fisher
12-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Nice try for your cousin, it can be hard for all fisher people sometimes. It might be kinda far but type in Jess Ranch, it might help you out. Good luck.

StriperEye
12-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Dont give up, keep taking him. You will hook him on to fish...

WARRIORMIKE
12-30-2008, 11:35 PM
:Neutral: I always do good on a fly rod at SGR:Envious:

smalweld
12-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Remember that the DFG in there ultimate wisdom has deemed that the San Gabriel River is on the DO NOT STOCK list until 2010. It's most likely fished out by now or almost there.

Sean