PDA

View Full Version : Vail 12/30 with bonus.....

goseango
12-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Weather was to nice not to fish. Decided to make the 10 min run to Vail and see what I could find from shore. Hit my 1st spot and had made only 2-3 casts when a guy comes back to his boat. We bs for a few and I reconize him from his reports as well as Bass a Thon. It was Pete Marino. I figured he was getting ready to trailer his boat since his morning client was done. Not so fast, he asks if I want to jump aboard for a bit. DUH! We head to a spot he said was holding fish in the am. He said he would be spooning deep structure but I could do what ever I wanted. I am a drop shotter but figured I would give the spooning a try as well. We found some fish in around 25ft of water and Pete caught a few before I got 1 on the d/s. I gave the spoon a try and was able land my 1st 2 fresh water spoon fish. The water was down to 51 degrees. We where finding lots of fish but getting them to bite was not easy. We still scratched out 10 or 11 fish in about 3 1/2 hours. With all of the fish biting in the 1st 2 hours. All I can say is Pete is a very cool guy. He is very layed back BUT def knows his stuff. I would highly recommend his services.

Here is Pete with the big fish of the day....
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/goseango/DSC03748.jpg

I had him take 1 picture of me and of course it was the smallest of my 5 fish....dohhhhh

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/goseango/DSC03749.jpg

some shots of the lake...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/goseango/DSC03753.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/goseango/DSC03752.jpg

Pete Marino
12-30-2008, 08:04 PM
It hasnt been this warm in weeks. But it was chilly in the shade...
It was a pleasure meeting you ..
I didnt mind having you in the boat. I was going back out there anyways so I figured what the heck...I needed someone to net my fish. hahahahaha
Actually when I got that 5 lber to the surface he asked me if I needed the net and I promptly said...."naw I'll lip it". After a couple quick figure 8's with the bass I reached down and lipped it. 5 lber in the boat....nets are overrated!! hahaha
Seriously though, I was going back out anyways so I figured you may want to get out on the lake for a little while instead of walking the shore. I hope you had fun..

The afternoon bite was actually better then the morning bite... typical deep water pattern. You need some sun and some light on the water before they decide to bite.
Same thing Ive been on... trees and bushes in 24-26 ft of water with spoons...
goseango got fish on the dropshot as well.

Our best 5 in the after noon weighed about 17 -18lbs... Damn good for 3 hours of fishing.
The morning bite was the same just a couple less fish...and no real kicker like the 5 lber I got in the afternoon..

All in all a fun day..

Pete :Cool:

PeteMarino GuideSevice .com
(909)510-5679

flyngby
12-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Merry belated Christmas!!!

Thanks for the report from a lake I can't fish.:Envious:

Steve

fishindude420
12-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Nice job out there guys.Thats pretty cool of you pete to take him out on ur boat.

StriperEye
12-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Thats awesome Pete!!, There are'nt alot of people that would pick up a stranger and offer there boat. Hope you had a great time. Congrats on the fish..

fishntime
12-31-2008, 05:04 AM
Wow Pete you are one heck of a guy. Only good things are being said about you. Looks like it was a nice afternoon of fishing.

Megsdad
12-31-2008, 11:00 AM
goseango,
10 min from Vail lake, I envy you; it is quite the kicka$$ fishery. (esp. for a smaller lake.)

Joe

MAVERICK27
12-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Great day and thanks for sharing. Pete, very classy of you. Sometimes fishing with a friend is just a lot more fun. Someone else to high five and witness nice catches!

Pete Marino
12-31-2008, 06:11 PM
I really appreciate it.

I do things like that all the time but I dont toot my own horn about it. Its nice that someone did the tooting for me...hahaha
People that know me know that I like to help people out and do nice things for people. Its a KARMA thing.. Besides it was fun having "goseango" on the boat with me for an afternoon of "fun fishing" with no tournament or guiding presure.

Happy New Year everyone..

Pete :Cool:

PeteMarino GuideService .com
(909) 510 5679

Pete Marino
01-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Why "goseango" and I took a picture of his smallest fish is beyond me.
He caught much nicer fish then that one but for some reason we didnt photo them..:Embarrassed:

Pete:Cool:

goseango
01-02-2009, 12:17 AM
oooooops LOL.....Again thanks for taking me out. I had a good time and if you ever need someone to net your fish, let me know. ;-)

Why "goseango" and I took a picture of his smallest fish is beyond me.
He caught much nicer fish then that one but for some reason we didnt photo them..:Embarrassed:

Pete Marino
01-04-2009, 08:24 PM
no problem bro.. It was fun... Im glad you had a good time..

PeteMarino GuideService .com
(909) 510-5679