PDA

View Full Version : Another Day at Lake Mission Viejo w/pic

Loggoog
12-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Well, today my lake friend and I met up at around 11 and got out on the lake at 11:15. From the day before, we decided to not go near the red buoys, so we decided to head to Market Cove, we scouted around the cove to find no fish, and the fish finder didn't find any, either. We decided to go to dam and search around the rocks, only to find a dead trout in the lake grass. We called it quits around the south side and headed to the first cove. We scouted around there and found NO FISH! We were like, what the heck they just stocked it TODAY. We decided to stay close to the inlet of the first cove, and after sitting there for half an hour, my rod twitches. Set the hook, and the fish gets tangled in my friend's line. We try to untangle the lines, and then the fish wraps around the anchor. I was very fortunate the fish was tired, because the fish stopped fighting, and I was able to bring up the anchor and we netted the fish. I was happy I didn't lose it because it tapped out at 4.2lbs! I was super excited. After putting a new hook on, I cast out and soon enough see a fish jump. Sure enough it was mine! I bring that one in, without getting tangled, and it weighed a solid 2.5lbs. After that, the bite died down a lot and nobody was catching fish anymore. At least I ended up with 2 quality fish!

-Loggoog

BigBass777
12-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Lake Mission Viejo will be stocked on Wednesday with 4,500lbs prior to the kids derby starting at 11:30am.

Loggoog
12-31-2008, 09:13 AM
My mistake. the stocking is today the 31st.

NY4Reels!
12-31-2008, 10:20 PM
It's nice to see other people fishing this lake from time to time. WTG on your 2 trout!
Just courious to know what were they biting on today??

Loggoog
01-01-2009, 10:46 AM
For the past week, they have been on lighter colored powerbait. Like the oranges and chartreuse colors. These fish are staying VERY close to the shores and edges of coves.

Good luck!

-Loggoog