PDA

View Full Version : worst day of my life!

a biley
12-30-2008, 04:03 PM
fishing el dorado for the first time... one of my rods breaks while casting (YEP WHILE CASTING) then as i set the rod down, my daiwa tierra baitcaster breaks!!! I go to Daiwa to see that no one is there... so i just called tacklewarehouse about the reel since thats where I got it, they'll give me a return label and will let me change for another reel, i pay the difference.

here's there report part so it qualifies for this board.

:Skunk:

Off to Bass Pro Friday morning to replace the rod, it was their brand. anyone want to meet up?

MAVERICK27
12-30-2008, 04:08 PM
That sucks man! sorry to hear. I'm sure you'll end up with a better rig and slay em next time!!

fishmounter
12-30-2008, 05:27 PM
What model of Bass Pro Shops rod was it? Some of their rods look pretty tempting, but because they are made overseas and probably use cheap materials, I don't buy their rods. Possibly your rod had a nick or hairline crack in it? I do have a Shimano "Karate Stik" 5'-6" Graphite bass spinning rod that I bought new in way back in 1980 that I still use and just love it, and it was made in Japan....go figure.

a biley
12-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Older Bionic Blade.

GET DA NET
12-30-2008, 06:30 PM
fishing el dorado for the first time... one of my rods breaks while casting (YEP WHILE CASTING) then as i set the rod down, my daiwa tierra baitcaster breaks!!! I go to Daiwa to see that no one is there... so i just called tacklewarehouse about the reel since thats where I got it, they'll give me a return label and will let me change for another reel, i pay the difference.

here's there report part so it qualifies for this board.

:Skunk:

Off to Bass Pro Friday morning to replace the rod, it was their brand. anyone want to meet up?

DUDE you werent kidding about having a bad day, sux about yur gear. am sure that on yur next time out with yur new gear the trout wont stand a chance.

kozaki
12-30-2008, 06:37 PM
At least you weren't hooked-up to the biggest fish ever. still sucks though.

Striper Bill
12-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Sorry about your gear breaking but you'll get em next time! Rod tips up and tight lines.

Dr. MindBendo
12-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Sav-On tackle repairs Daiwa reels. Was it still under warranty?

a biley
12-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Sav-On tackle repairs Daiwa reels. Was it still under warranty?

it's barely two months old... i'd rather go with shimano anyways so hopefully Tacklewarehouse can exchange it. Although the Tierra was a great reel, I really didn't like the shape of it.

old pudd fisher
12-30-2008, 07:10 PM
S..t happens somtimes indeed, whether it be fishing or just basic life. Good times are looking at you injoy them. But that still sucks sorry to hear that, maybe you should drink a few beers.

a biley
12-30-2008, 07:15 PM
S..t happens somtimes indeed, whether it be fishing or just basic life. Good times are looking at you injoy them. But that still sucks sorry to hear that, maybe you should drink a few beers.

i got some heineken in the fridge left over from Christmas... why was there left overs you ask? someone bought lite!

snag
12-30-2008, 08:00 PM
i got some heineken in the fridge left over from Christmas... why was there left overs you ask? someone bought lite!

You need Petrone or Corzo.........Hieneken isn't going to cut it.

Bummer Dude!

At least you didn't start the new year with a busted rod.

StriperEye
12-30-2008, 11:03 PM
That Blows!! I hate when you start that cycle when one thing after another goes wrong...Just means it will get better,hang in there man and enjoy the "new" gear!!

WARRIORMIKE
12-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Look at it this way, could always be worse . Ex. You could have been at work instead when your gear broke???? :Secret:

I don't know,just trying to make things better :LOL::LOL:

troutdog
12-31-2008, 12:06 AM
May you live a long life and this be your worst day ever :Wink:

Sorry about your gear btw....

TD

BLIND STRIKE
12-31-2008, 05:59 AM
If that is the worst day of your life, you are doing ok.

a biley
12-31-2008, 10:22 AM
i'll call it worst FISHING day of my life then lol

DarkShadow
12-31-2008, 10:29 AM
...then as i set the rod down, my daiwa tierra baitcaster breaks!!!

What exactly happened?

I've broken a pair of reels before, but it took a while to get them to the point where they 'broke,' and never by just sitting them down.

basscatcher
12-31-2008, 02:14 PM
i'll call it worst FISHING day of my life then lol
mine was when i got a 3/4oz rat-L-trap hook stuck in my dad's thumb fished 5 hours on a boat at the pudd and no fish, lifeguards don't do thier job, people act stupid on the lake. but i don't think i never broke a rod. i might be thier friday morning then to the pudd but idk yet.

God Bless

basscatcher

tpfishnfool
01-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Sorry but if that was the worst day of your life, you have had it f'n easy bro !! Buck up and go get re geared ! Pussy !! LOL

doyousmellfish?
01-01-2009, 09:52 AM
I felt sorry for you until you said you would like to have a shimano anyways. j/k................
..... No really

a biley
01-01-2009, 10:26 AM
I felt sorry for you until you said you would like to have a shimano anyways. j/k................
..... No really

shimano hater! lol the daiwa tierra was a great reel, but the shape was whatever. it didn't feel too comfortable palming like the shimano designs