PDA

View Full Version : Perris Stripers?

Goofy4fish
12-30-2008, 01:32 PM
I heard that someone saw about a 24" stripper taken last week. Has anyone been able to confirm this? If they are that prevelant that would be a good reason for the fewer fish being painted on my scope and the drop in population.

basscatcher
12-30-2008, 01:49 PM
i confirm. they got 3 more over 10lbs biggest being 20lbs. they cuaght them on the 12/28 on lunker punkers, huddlestons and magnum spooks.

God Bless

basscatcher

DarkShadow
12-30-2008, 01:56 PM
I've seen pictures, and heard of stories from reputable individuals, so yes.

GeordyBass
12-30-2008, 02:01 PM
read this from WON news....

"Stripers in Lake Perris? Twenty-one-pound lineside makes it impossible to argue ‘No!’

PERRIS — While rumors of stripers being caught in Lake Perris have been floating about for years (mostly anglers remarking upon seeing smaller fish in livewells or on stringers), there have been few, if any confirmed reports of their actual existence in the fishery — until now.

Last week, Josh Moreno, Diamond Valley Lake guide and Last Chance Bait & Tackle employee, not only managed to prove the species’ presence in the lake, but did so in grand fashion, bagging a 21-pound fish on a Lunker Punker.

“I’ve heard people say they’ve seen stripers here before,” said Perris Lake staffer Brian Place, “but when Josh pulled that fish out of his livewell, I was like, ‘Wow!’ It was a nice, healthy fish. I didn’t know they were in here until I saw that fish.”

Moreno was working the aforementioned bait near the Spillway when the lunker lineside struck.

Other than Moreno’s extraordinary catch, action was slow last week, with a few largemouth taken by bassers working purple or green plastics. Crappie continued to hit crappie jigs or Niblets fished around the marina area, and there were a handful of rainbows on tap for those tossing Kastmasters in the area of lots 11 and 12.

http://www.wonews.com/images/blog/josh-moreno.jpg

JOSH MORENO of Last Chance Bait & Tackle in Hemet proved the existence of striped bass in Lake Perris when he landed this 21-pound lineside while tossing a Lunker Punker near the Spillway. "

CPRfisher
12-30-2008, 02:03 PM
they had a story in won last week i think. They guy who caught the fish was a worker from last change bait and tackle. it was like 20 something pounds.