PDA

View Full Version : Tagged NPH Spottie!!

flyngby
12-30-2008, 12:52 PM
While out in the harbor yesterday taking some new friends (klocked and son) I manage to get a line wet also.

This Spottie had been tagged a some point. I did not spend to much time trying to id the specifics as it had been in for a while and weathered. Also wanted to get it back in the drink after a quick photo!!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/CIMG2428.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/CIMG2429.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/CIMG2430.jpg

Steve

MAVERICK27
12-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Good lookin fish! Very cool tossin it back in for another angler to get him another day!

Nessie Hunter
12-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Sorry, I cant remember the name of agency that tags those Spotties...
But they are right there in NPH (I think)?????
They used to give you a hat or?? if you turned one in or had the Info from Tag for them...
They needed the Weight, location caught and if it was C&R or not..
They keep data on size and locations and time from Tagging...

HESBROS
12-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Nice spottie Steve, glad you put it back so we can catch it Wed, looks like it was caught in my favorite spot near my midshipman honey hole! Must have been that Lucky Engine 11 hat!

klocked
12-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Good job on that fish Steve! That was a nice one!

Sorry about that blurred close up of the tag:Rolls Eyes:

Wingnut
12-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Pretty cool Steve... hope to see ya in a couple of days. :Wink: :Cool: :Big Grin:

supasportkid
12-30-2008, 09:04 PM
thats a nice healthy spottie too!

crappiemike
12-30-2008, 11:15 PM
that is a cool catch!!! thnx for those harbor shots...

cm

gnfshn
12-31-2008, 06:37 AM
Nice tagged catch. Frank is right. You do get a hat. I caught one in a SWBA tourney and result came back pretty interesting. That fish was released the year prior in another SWBA tourney and based on the release and where I caught it was where the prior angler caught it. That fish traveled a long way (mile+?) to it's same spot. Check with the research center next to the launch ramp. There are numbers on the tag if you took them and they could give info on the fish.

Bowlfrogg
12-31-2008, 10:35 AM
I was told you had to turn in the info if you caught a tagged one, I also got a hat for catching one and turning in the info. Great catch though

flyngby
01-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Good lookin fish! Very cool tossin it back in for another angler to get him another day!

Thanks, It was probably my biggest in length but lacked the normal spottie girth!!!! 99.9 % of all mine go back after a quick Photo to be caught another day for me to get the opportunity to fool them again when they are bigger!!!!!!!

Sorry, I cant remember the name of agency that tags those Spotties...
But they are right there in NPH (I think)?????
They used to give you a hat or?? if you turned one in or had the Info from Tag for them...
They needed the Weight, location caught and if it was C&R or not..
They keep data on size and locations and time from Tagging...

Thanks for the info. I really wished I had taken a little more time to get the info but it was definitely aged and algae or other growth on the tag and I did not want to keep it out of the water for too long. After thought is that I/we could all have learned more about that fish and it's history!!!

Nice spottie Steve, glad you put it back so we can catch it Wed, looks like it was caught in my favorite spot near my midshipman honey hole! Must have been that Lucky Engine 11 hat!

No let's save him for a Tourney when it counts!!!!!!!

Good job on that fish Steve! That was a nice one!

Sorry about that blurred close up of the tag:Rolls Eyes:

John,

I had a great time out there with you and your son that day. The Photos were fine!!!!!!!!

thats a nice healthy spottie too!

Yes, and it is back in the water to only get healthier!

that is a cool catch!!! thnx for those harbor shots...

cm

Thanks Mike,

You have been providing some great harbor shots yourself of late!!!!

Nice tagged catch. Frank is right. You do get a hat. I caught one in a SWBA tourney and result came back pretty interesting. That fish was released the year prior in another SWBA tourney and based on the release and where I caught it was where the prior angler caught it. That fish traveled a long way (mile+?) to it's same spot. Check with the research center next to the launch ramp. There are numbers on the tag if you took them and they could give info on the fish.

I see another SWBA angler is now looking up as to who I am!!!!!!! Just Kidding,

That is some great info and wished I had taken more time to get the info for the agency as the spotties do really well on the release and hold up well in the tank until weigh in from my first experience,

Thanks for the replies all!!!!!!

Steve

viking172
01-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Sweet spottie. I was in newport looking for the chunky spotty's like yours, but ended up with a few smaller ones.

From your hat I assume you work on the Angeles? I worked there in 2005 and since have worked on the sequoia. I want to try and come back closer to home this year, do you happen to know when they fly the seasonal slots? Thanks in advance.