PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 23rd and 28th Dixon PICS

jrockn
12-30-2008, 10:06 AM
I hit up the lake on Tuesday the 23rd around 8a.m. 1st i stoped by for some donuts and coffee. got to the lake around 8:45. I payed for my permit and rented out a boat. I headed out to trout cove for a bit. I got nothing so started out to the eastern cove. Had one rod on a
salmon egg and crawler combo and was casting out a wolly bugger on the other rod. The water clarity was clear and i could see schools of bass, trout, and even seen some cats hovering around. I got my 1st trout on a black wolly bugger and my 2nd on a Thomas Boyant (tiger patern). Out of no where when i was trying to open up a cold soda...BAM!...my rod goes bendo. On my rod w/the crawler i Thought i had a huge trout because it felt really heavy but it ended up being a cat. lol My buddy arthur also got a cat on a crawler. Soon we could se the stocking truck driving around the lake so we headed out to the boui line. There was like 8 boats out there waiting also. lol Everyone was catching them on crawlers and kastmaster. On the 28th I went to dixon agian only for 2 hours w/my cousins . It was a beautiful day out there around the 65degrees or so and there was not one cloud in the sky.I caught one on flylining a power worm (orange) and my cousin cought one on a rainbow kastmaster. I love these Nebraskan Tailwalkers they stock now. lol Anywho here are some mixed pics at Dixon. Enjoy

JR

sweetfish
12-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Wow. That must be your honey hole. You are always there. Congrats on the fish.