PDA

View Full Version : Loaded up on Rochfish Before Closer

Kareem Korn
12-30-2008, 09:45 AM
My buddies in SD wanted to hit the bottomfish one last time before the closer. Since my boats always ready, it didn't take too much to pull me away from yard work. I brought my youngest son and a friend. We didn't get out to the area until 9:30-10. By that time our other friends where already plugging away at them. We shadowed them close enough to bs most of the day. Picking away slowly at the taco meat. I used the lure of maybe catching a shark to get my son up and on the water. The highlight was when we got into some while fishing the bottom. It was a great day to be on the ocean. The weather was great and at times being a shorts/no shirt time. Go figure after the last couple of weeks. We caught a total of eight nice sized rockfish and were given another eight from our buddies. Enough for a nice meal tonight and a few more to last thru the closer.

cappo
12-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Looks like a nice day out. Enjoy them tasty RF.

Nessie Hunter
12-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Nothing cooler then kids catching fish and smiling a lot...

WTG dad.....

supasportkid
12-30-2008, 05:36 PM
nice report, and cool pics! i cant wait til my boy is big enough to fish with me. thanks

JapanRon
12-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Hi Kareem Korn,

Nice job .... all around. Nothin' like being out with the kids.

JapanRon

gavin310
12-31-2008, 02:18 AM
Hey that's cool you really did get on some sharks! You're going to be the hero at your kid's school when he starts telling that story to his buddies...