PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood 12/28

Adam_B.
12-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Hit up Silverwood Sunday morning. The plan was to fish cleghorn, but, the road was closed to that area. I hate when that happens! If we would have known that before hand, we could have saved the 8 bucks and hiked in. Oh well. So we drove in and parked in Lot 3 and made the hike all the way back around to cleghorn. I was a beautiful morning. There was still snow and ice all over the trail. As for fishing. It was a very slow day. I caught only 1 stocker trout on a Tazmanian Devil lure and had 3 different hitts on my Power Bait pole but no takers. The two guys that were fishing with me didn't get anything. I saw maybe two other guys catch a couple but it was slim pickens out there. I need to take a trip to Miller Canyon again.

SoCalGuy7
12-30-2008, 09:12 AM
That really stinks about the Cleghorn road, it was closed Saturday as well.....I wonder why?

I did the same thing, walked around almost to the streams.....NOTHING!
Some group had a couple of boys shooting BB guns also, I was hoping the Ranger came by and saw...:Confused:

From what I hear it's been really tough!

seal
12-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Yup tough bite out there. I did manage a couple late Sunday afternoon by lot 3 on dark green minjigs. Fish rising everywhere but couldn't find the fly they wanted:Sad:.

Miller has been calling my name also. Love that area.

That road to Cleghorn is back open as of yesterday. I saw them doing some work on Satuday to the power lines way above and there were a couple work trucks out there also, probably the reason for the closure.

Adam_B.
12-30-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm hoping to get to out there to Miller Canyon this Friday. I'm really thinking of hitting Irvine for the first time. I just can't make up my mind!!!

tacklejunkie
12-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Good work busting the skunk.

Wonder if it's cool enough in the shallows in Miller yet? Should be starting to pick up in there soon. Didn't see much down there last trip but that was almost a month ago by now when it was still on the warm side.

ChiefMad
12-30-2008, 05:30 PM
where is miller canyon?

strippin' fool
12-30-2008, 07:56 PM
I was one of the guys in the float tube, saw you guys walk by. My buddy and I drifted all the way from the swim beach all the way into the west end of Cleghorn and back without a single bump. Talk about slow, next time is Miller Cyn for me also, maybe on Saturday.

steve092
12-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the report!

I was thinking about hitting Cleghorn on the 'toon on Friday, but I think I'll see whats goin' on over in Miller instead.

Adam_B.
12-31-2008, 09:01 AM
I was one of the guys in the float tube, saw you guys walk by. My buddy and I drifted all the way from the swim beach all the way into the west end of Cleghorn and back without a single bump. Talk about slow, next time is Miller Cyn for me also, maybe on Saturday.

Yeah I do remember seeing you and the guy you were fishing with. We started in that area where we saw you and didn't get a thing. I remember walking by and thinking "man I hope they have better luck there than we did!"

Adam_B.
12-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the report!

I was thinking about hitting Cleghorn on the 'toon on Friday, but I think I'll see whats goin' on over in Miller instead.

If I go Friday, maybe I'll see you out there.