PDA

View Full Version : Surf Fishing Help

boxl0bster
06-08-2007, 05:15 AM
Hey guys i need some advice on surf fishing. Thinking about going to HB with my gf to try our luck at whatever fish are in the surf lol. sorry im such a noob when it comes to ocean/surf fishing. anyways i found a few threads on what to use such as c-rigs etc... is there anything else? i have a bunch of swimbaits that i bought awhile back to use for calicos would those work?

I see that a lot of ppl use gulp camo worms i think ill pick some of those up and i have some freshly frozen grunion from last weekend that i can use as well. how would i fish these? like the camo worm do i let it sit? jig it in? for the bait i just cast it out, but where is a good spot to cast to? and how long of a leader do i need?

how do i know when the surf is too strong and i need a heavier sliding weight? I also read that some people use kastmasters? i only have 2 haha and i have 1 croc thats like 4inches is that too big? haha. lastly anyone know whats a good spot in HB to fish? i remember seeing photos of some derby held there and they were fishing infront of the oil refineries or something. also time of day? early morning? or does it not matter? oh yeah as for species im game for whatever is out there that i can get. :lol:

any help would be great! thanks!

Cangler
06-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Seems like you have worked it all out ...

PUDD MASTER BAITER
06-08-2007, 07:25 AM
ALL YOU NEED FROM THE SURF IS SOME 1/2 OZ. SLIDER WIEGHTS #6 MOSQ.HOOKS, A 6.5" OR LONGER MED SPINNING ROD, 6LB LINE, AND A 1500 OR 2500 REEL. USE SMALL PIECES OF CAMO, AND THERE YOU GO. YOU CAN ALSO BRING A LITTLE HEAVIER OUTFIT TO THROW ANY THING ELSE.I USE A BASS CASTING RIG FOR MY JIGS GOOD LUCK. IF YOU GET REAL FRISKIE PICK UP SOME GHOST SHRIMP AT THE CORNER OF SEALBEACH BLVD AND PCH AND CATCH SOMETHING NICE. GOOD LUCK AND PEACE OUT MIKE THE PMB....

shy_boxer
06-09-2007, 03:06 AM
If you want to use plastics go with dark colors browns, purples, greens.
tube baits, plastic worms, berkley saltwater line products *Camo*
Live bait: Blood worms, mussels, and sand crabs.
Good luck!