PDA

View Full Version : new toy! woohoo

a biley
12-29-2008, 09:57 PM
well after spending a grip today at Disneyland for two annual passes $389 for mine and $269 for the GF... and from Christmas shopping, I came hope to a surprise waiting in my room... Shimano Curado 200 e5!!!

YEP Finally have one of these bad boys! I was expecting it in tomorrow according to UPS but here it is! I don't need pics you know how it looks like! Tacklewarehouse has the best and fastest shipping! my go to place for tackle on the web now.

Good timing also since I'll be hitting up the Pudd tomorrow. but I don't want to spool it with line yet, it's going to be paired with my custom rod that's in the works at Bob's Tackle in Norwalk. That should be ready in 2-3 weeks. Phenix Blank, EVA foam handle split grip and open reel design! Basically a Phenix Rod that looks like a Cumara. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE KILLER SETUP TO BE COMPLETE!

tacklejunkie
12-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Nice, Enjoy the new reel!
Tacklewarehouse ships very quick. I've received orders from them overnight, when the shipping was free after $50 or more purchase.
Let me know if your still looking for that second rod down the line :Wink:

a biley
12-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Nice, Enjoy the new reel!
Tacklewarehouse ships very quick. I've received orders from them overnight, when the shipping was free after $50 or more purchase.
Let me know if your still looking for that second rod down the line :Wink:

lol that rod would be a nice edition to the family, perhaps get the chronarch mg for it (especially at the tacklewarehouse price right now), but after spending close to $800 today, i might have to wait for new toys. if you don't end up selling it anytime soon, i'll definitely hit you up when I can afford it.

dockboy
12-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Get the MG while you can dude. I got a new one from TW as a gift. Love these reels. They wont be around for long. Shimano has discontinued the current line and is revamping the Chronarchs. Remember the nearest competitor made of magnesium is at least $250. And I guarantee Shimano will up the prices on its replacement when it comes out. Just so you know.

a biley
12-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Get the MG while you can dude. I got a new one from TW as a gift. Love these reels. They wont be around for long. Shimano has discontinued the current line and is revamping the Chronarchs. Remember the nearest competitor made of magnesium is at least $250. And I guarantee Shimano will up the prices on its replacement when it comes out. Just so you know.

I'm thinking about it, just because it's at such a low price, the Chronarch D's with retail above the Curado and below the Core, at $299 from what I remember. I don't mind the low capacity anyways... and turners has the Sol for $188 I think. All the good stuff are on sale now and just makes me want to get them all!!! and when I get a reel I ALWAYS need a rod for it lol an excuse to buy one...

DarkShadow
12-30-2008, 08:08 AM
And I guarantee Shimano will up the prices on its replacement when it comes out.

I thought it's replacement was the Core...the Chronarch D is basically a non-magnesium Core, thus a Chronarch D MG is the same thing as the Core.

That Dang Guy
12-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Unfortunately it's been confirmed that Shimano has no plans on replacing the 50MG. I guess it's product line is too close to the Core.