PDA

View Full Version : Shimano Crucial vs. Carrot Stix Rods

fishindude
12-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Now that I want to buy a new spinning rod badly, I'm having trouble deciding between a Shimano Crucial and Carrot Stix rods. Both are near the same price and had great reviews. I need to know what is everyone's opinion on the two. Thanks.

GeordyBass
12-29-2008, 08:29 PM
I'd pick the carrot stix but the shimano has a better warranty!Thats a hard decision....i have a MH crucial and it is super lightweight and sensitive...

fishindude
12-29-2008, 09:24 PM
I'd pick the carrot stix but the shimano has a better warranty!Thats a hard decision....i have a MH crucial and it is super lightweight and sensitive...

Doesn't the Carrot Stix have a lifetime warranty?

BassEngineer
12-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Now that I want to buy a new spinning rod badly, I'm having trouble deciding between a Shimano Crucial and Carrot Stix rods. Both are near the same price and had great reviews. I need to know what is everyone's opinion on the two. Thanks.

I had exactly the same two rods in mind...also at BPS, there was another rod with split grip, 6' 6", and about $90. I thought it was an ounce or two heavier than the Crucial or Carrot, so I went with the carrot stick. I am very happy so far.

Lightline
12-29-2008, 11:39 PM
1. Buy the cruial first, fish the hell out of it till it breaks on you send it in to shimano and get a new one. sell it then get the karrot stick.

2. Buy the crucial used, keep it or fish the hell out of it until it breaks, send it in to shimano and get a new. and also buy the orange stick.

GeordyBass
12-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Doesn't the Carrot Stix have a lifetime warranty?yeah,i thought it had a 5 year warranty...it has a lifetime warranty...

I'm still happy with my crucial,but i like the carrot too...:EyePop:

fishindude
12-30-2008, 04:12 PM
1. Buy the cruial first, fish the hell out of it till it breaks on you send it in to shimano and get a new one. Sell it then get the karrot stick.

2. Buy the crucial used, keep it or fish the hell out of it until it breaks, send it in to shimano and get a new. And also buy the orange stick.

lol!!!!!!!!

fishindude
12-30-2008, 05:06 PM
But another question regarding both poles is that is the Carrot Stix sensitivity good over 30ft. deep? I plan to fish DVL. That is one deep lake.

Liteliner
12-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Hey bro. I just got a crucial dropshot rod. That is one sensitive stick. It also has a sinker attachment at the bottom of the rod to hold your sinker. I thought that was pretty slick. :Cool:Not sure if all drop shot rods have that though since this is my first dropshot rod but the rod feels good. Go with the crucial....

THROWBACK RANGER
12-30-2008, 07:36 PM
i'd pick the carrot stix but the shimano has a better warranty!

geordy bass is right. I have both a carrot stix and a crucial but i like my carrot stix just a little more!

fishindude
12-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Again, thanks for all of your opinions. Now....... it's still hard to decide.

GeordyBass
12-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Again, thanks for all of your opinions. Now....... it's still hard to decide.
If you want the crucial...
Get a 7'6" Medium Heavy Dropshot Rod!

If you want the Carrot Stix
Get the 7'3" Medium Heavy

The thing that is better about the Crucial is,it is longer and you have a better hookset and longer sweep!

If carrot stix had a longer one then it's the best choice...

kill_obet
01-01-2009, 01:03 PM
again, thanks for all of your opinions. Now....... It's still hard to decide.
gloomis..??

fishindude
01-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks everyone for the opinions. I just got the Crucial 6'8 medium dropshot spinning rod. Feels good. Can't beat the warranty either.