PDA

View Full Version : Striper Bowl 2 is coming Jan 31 !

TroutOnly
12-29-2008, 07:30 AM
For all you striper killers out there the striper bowl # 2 is coming to castaic lake jan 31 ,its from 7 in the morning till 2 oclock so we have time fpr everybody to get off the water and we cand bbq and have our raffle just like last year, we will have lots of great raffles prizes,,,striperonly

FISHBAIT
12-29-2008, 08:54 AM
How do we sign up for the killing!!!

FISHBAIT

JENSEN500
12-29-2008, 09:10 AM
how many per boat? would like to take my kids (3 of them) as well as striper chic. what are the rules?

thanks,jeff

HuskerRod
12-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for the resident striper community!!!!

Hitts0n
12-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Its about dam time ! Everytime I send you a pm you never respond back !
Striper bowl here we come ! Well....if you let me on your boat again if Wingnut hasn't secured that spot!:Cool:
I wonder if I can get that saturday off......

Shock
12-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Nice!!! I will be there as long as they dont make me come into work that day.....

GeordyBass
12-29-2008, 06:31 PM
i'm 100% down!!!!!

Wingnut
12-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Its about dam time ! Everytime I send you a pm you never respond back !
Striper bowl here we come ! Well....if you let me on your boat again if Wingnut hasn't secured that spot!:Cool:
I wonder if I can get that saturday off......

Spot secured. :Secret: :Twisted: :Cool:

Bob, give me a call, got to relay a message to you from Dana. :Wink:

Seng90806
12-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Striper bowl!!! im there :LOL:

Hitts0n
12-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Yea this unofficial event will 0wn ! I cant wait !:Beer Toast:

GeordyBass
12-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Yea this unofficial event will 0wn ! I cant wait !:Beer Toast:
Kitties dont count...:LOL:

You better get some big ones!

karlow
12-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Sounds good, I will be there!
The boats running great!
Just add fish!

KP

CASTAWAY
12-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Striper Bowl huh. Sounds good.:Cool:

CAPT'N
12-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Bib,

do we all donate something like last year????

Cappy

TroutOnly
12-30-2008, 08:29 AM
you just have to bring a raffle prize ,what ever you can afford we pool them together so every one leaves with a prize ,scott at the rental office is donating and so are some other people i know,hopefully cowpaddy will cook again and feelthesteel will put on a mimi concert of fishing songs like last year we had a really great time and hiro one the striper kill with the big fish of the day and got the cool striper oil painting,i think we shouls have big fish and biggest single stringer winners,,,T/O

Hitts0n
12-30-2008, 09:03 AM
I will donate,and even add in a trophy!

This unofficial event will 0wn !:ROFL:

LateFisher
12-30-2008, 09:09 AM
SIGN ME UP :Beer Toast: I'M IN:Beer Toast:

hughpam
12-30-2008, 09:53 AM
AAARRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to work!!

It sucks being very good and successful some times.

cappo
12-30-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm in if my Uncle has his boat ready by then.

kpn
12-30-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm 100% in on this bowl. I'll have something for the raffle (striper lure??? :Wink:).

KPN.

MAVERICK27
12-30-2008, 12:17 PM
I would love this, especially after all I learned at DVL with Art. latefisher, we should go together....DVL Team Striper reunion!!!

Badbeat
12-30-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm gonna beg Arthur to let me tag along on your boat Bob! :LOL:

Binh

TroutOnly
01-01-2009, 06:27 PM
hey badbeat you better talk to art, everybody is welcomed,,,T/O

kewlwhip
01-02-2009, 03:37 PM
whats a striper? hehehehehee... BOWL ON!

OnDaHunt4Fish
01-02-2009, 04:59 PM
I want IN send me the info

TroutOnly
01-05-2009, 07:03 PM
The rules are ,you show up at opening time ,fish like you would any other day by obeying all dfg and lake rules meet up 3 oclock in the main parking lot above the main boat ramp and we will have some fun,,,t/o

FISHBAIT
01-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Sounds good!

Beeracuda211
01-05-2009, 07:15 PM
As of right now I am 12.846666666% IN..... lOl check back with you later in the week

over and out

YOUR NIGHTMARE

Cow Patty
01-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Why not eat those jail birds too that day. Sorry, One Leg did that last year.( Stripy Bowl I) Just let me know what everyone wants? Maybe everyone can bring something also. If you missed this event last year, you better not miss this one.

Cow Patty +2

FishSki
01-06-2009, 11:31 AM
That is of course if I can find someone I know that might just happen to have a blue boat and a mullet that wouldn't mind his Boat-Ho outfishing him.

Captain Castaic?

Ray Lopez
01-06-2009, 11:50 AM
i'm down for this event last year was fun even tho i skunked out. I still have one of my raffle prizes on my car dashboard hahaha *LMB bobble head*

only thing i ask is some one take my boatless a** on their boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have not been abke to fish with all you guys for a long time it sure would be nice to get back out there and tear into these linesides

so if any of you kind boat owning people would be so nice as to invite a poor soul onto your vessel please PM me or reply in here.

fishinone
01-06-2009, 02:48 PM
hey badbeat you better talk to art, everybody is welcomed,,,T/O

It looks like Bob's boat will be crowded.:LOL:

I'm planning to be there, but in my boat.:Big Grin:

breeze71
01-06-2009, 02:56 PM
I guess I better defend the crown.

I'll be trolling Gary's Guitar :Envious:

BRING IT ON!!!

fishfinder
01-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I got first dibs on hooking a tow rope on bobs boat to mine. :Big Grin:
any-one got any pictures from last year to post, cause i remember those were funny.
is there a flyer for this event?

oh yea i may have an open spot for any-one who has the T.O. touch.:ROFL:

fishinone
01-07-2009, 02:00 PM
bump bump bump

Hitts0n
01-07-2009, 02:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ek_OhWgdw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6JSRK2xq7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgtJUJN1bHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjPVePNxHH0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dUOGhIorvQ

OWNAGE!!

fishfinder
01-07-2009, 06:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ek_ohwgdw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6jsrk2xq7u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgtjujn1bhe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjpvepnxhh0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2duoghiorvq

ownage!!

classic :EyePop: :ROFL:

GeordyBass
01-07-2009, 06:46 PM
does it have to be Castaic???

How bout' Pyramid Uncle bobby?

kewlwhip
01-07-2009, 08:21 PM
how much are boat rentals there? i wana play if i can get off a work that weekend-

karlow
01-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Pyramid is only good for catching small stripers.....they close too dam early!
Man up, shut up and fish!
Just because the fish aren't biting does not get um off the hook!

I will be there, down for the troll, and down for the blood!
Fish, cut bait, or drink beer, no bitching......(sorry, no beer drinking at Castic my bad, my beer).

See ya on the water.

KP

PhisHook
01-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Hey I will be at this (unofficial) event but I have never fished for striper in the lakes only duct. First dose any one have a spot for one more on a boat? that would be great because I could also get a bit of technique from observing others.

Hey KEWLWHIP If you get the day off and their are no spots on any other boats mabey we could split a boat for the day? More than likely it will just be me.

Also Is it going to be a potluck style BBQ or is everyone doing their own thing? I volunteer to help with the BBQ duties :Wink:

As for raffle prize.......... :Secret:

Hope to see you all their and meet some new peeople

Thanks all until then

Nathan

Oh yeah BOWL ON!

troutdog
01-07-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm in if my Uncle has his boat ready by then.

Cappo is your Uncle BingJr. by chance? Because I am waiting for the update on his boat :LOL:

Speaking of Bing how come TeamStriper is nowhere to be found on this thread? :Shocked:

I'm definitely going to try and make it out for this one, sounds like a blast!

TD

Hitts0n
01-08-2009, 12:40 AM
We can bar b que any any of those lakes.......but we can only drink at one.Both have stripers,but can only rent from one of those lakes.
Some of us dont have boats to be in.:Titanic:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-08-2009, 11:00 AM
I guess I better defend the crown.

I'll be trolling Gary's Guitar :Envious:

BRING IT ON!!!

That crown will be mine !!!! wooo hoo hoo hoo ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a couple points !

1. I agree that there should be 2 categories (a)big fish of the day honors (b) heaviest single stringer (lets keep it honorable - people paired up in boats-no switching catches)

2.I am down for either location Castaic or Pyramid but I'll add that for those lesser experienced striper fisherman, pyramid may be a better choice to ensure all can at least catch fish and not have a rough days slay...my 2 cents regarding this, I am cool at either location.....castaic does = potentially more bigger fish, but pyramid potentially ='s more fish for a wider array of anglers....I'm just trying to consider the less experienced anglers.

Either way, I am in and I plan on killing something....there must be blooood....there must be bloood !

Gary

Ray Lopez
01-08-2009, 11:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ek_OhWgdw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6JSRK2xq7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgtJUJN1bHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjPVePNxHH0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dUOGhIorvQ

OWNAGE!!
even tho i didn't catch anything the bbq made it worth it lol

We can bar b que any any of those lakes.......but we can only drink at one.Both have stripers,but can only rent from one of those lakes.
Some of us dont have boats to be in.:Titanic:
yea like me (anyone want to take me with them???? I promise not to act like too much of a fool!

That crown will be mine !!!! wooo hoo hoo hoo ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a couple points !

1. I agree that there should be 2 categories (a)big fish of the day honors (b) heaviest single stringer (lets keep it honorable - people paired up in boats-no switching catches)

2.I am down for either location Castaic or Pyramid but I'll add that for those lesser experienced striper fisherman, pyramid may be a better choice to ensure all can at least catch fish and not have a rough days slay...my 2 cents regarding this, I am cool at either location.....castaic does = potentially more bigger fish, but pyramid potentially ='s more fish for a wider array of anglers....I'm just trying to consider the less experienced anglers.

Either way, I am in and I plan on killing something....there must be blooood....there must be bloood !

Gary
F that dude i sunked last time only fish caught on pattys boat was one catifsh by rez lol

I really need to get my hook into a striper soon its been over a year since the last time i caught a lineside

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Let's start a list....boaters non boaters etc.

Maybe we can get people paired up..

Add your name to the list...cut and paste, I will not maintain this list!

Boaters:
1.Hiro & Gary in Hiros slay machine..

Non Boaters:

BassinChef
01-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Count me in ....should we start a list for the Bbq ...i will split a boat with any one...it might takes us all day to get to the spot and back but we will catch some fish.

BassinChef

lizzay
01-08-2009, 12:48 PM
I'll be there if I haven't made enemies yet. I'm donating an umbrella rig, some bucktails, and a package of Mister Twister, all new in package, just need to order them.

Seng90806
01-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Cappo is your Uncle BingJr. by chance? Because I am waiting for the update on his boat :LOL:

Speaking of Bing how come TeamStriper is nowhere to be found on this thread? :Shocked:

I'm definitely going to try and make it out for this one, sounds like a blast!

TD

yeah where is TeamStriper :Big Grin: this is a striper bowl :LOL:

JSAUCE818
01-08-2009, 03:16 PM
ill be there! i need to get my bassbucket back out in the water since gas prices dropped..lol:Cool:

Ray Lopez
01-09-2009, 08:37 AM
ill be there! i need to get my bassbucket back out in the water since gas prices dropped..lol:Cool:

yo take me on yo boat hommie.

i still have yet to catch a ride with ya on your new bass slayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray Lopez
01-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Boaters:

Non Boaters:
Ray Lo the boatless wonder boy!

Hitts0n
01-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Boaters:

Non Boaters:
Lonely Hitts:Embarrassed:

migfrias
01-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Boaters:
2.migfrias and daughter

Non Boaters:
Lonely Hitts

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-09-2009, 04:49 PM
everyone sign up...lets get creative and see if we can get everyone out on a boat

PhisHook
01-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Boaters:
2.migfrias and daughter

Non Boaters:
Lonely Hitts
Phishook (Nathan) <---willing to split a rental if no spots on other boats :Big Grin:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-09-2009, 06:07 PM
BOB....if you read this....answer your phone my friend...we need to speak about a few details on this one..

Or if you want to find me....I'll be on the water tomorrow !!!!!!.....listen for the drag singing tone coming from Hiro's boat !

Hitts0n
01-10-2009, 09:34 AM
BOB....if you read this....answer your phone my friend...we need to speak about a few details on this one..

Or if you want to find me....I'll be on the water tomorrow !!!!!!.....listen for the drag singing tone coming from Hiro's boat !

The only thing you go hear is the wind howling!:Secret:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-11-2009, 05:06 PM
The only thing you go hear is the wind howling!:Secret:
the only thang you gonna hear is the wind comin from ma hand as I biatch slap !!!!!

I nailed a toad yesterday my doubtfull young campfire girl..........

TO ALL:

Please note that Hitts will have a booth setup at this event and he will be selling cookies !!!

He will also be collecting fish guts at the end so he may eat some seafood...
Ha ha ha !

Captain Castaic
01-11-2009, 07:12 PM
I guess I'm in as well. Havent caught one in a while...but if Gary is singing it mght be worth it even if I wear the stripe.

C.C.

Boaters:
2.migfrias and daughter
3.Captain Castaic and Fishski

Non Boaters:
Lonely Hitts
Phishook (Nathan) <---willing to split a rental if no spots on other boats

Hitts0n
01-11-2009, 07:25 PM
the only thang you gonna hear is the wind comin from ma hand as I biatch slap !!!!!

I nailed a toad yesterday my doubtfull young campfire girl..........

TO ALL:

Please note that Hitts will have a booth setup at this event and he will be selling cookies !!!

He will also be collecting fish guts at the end so he may eat some seafood...
Ha ha ha !

I will give the guts to trolly for his cerviche !:ROFL:

Captain Castaic
01-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Is this the turnout? Weak showing....where is everyone? Hello? Hello? Is anyone out there? Hello? lol

C.C.

FishSki
01-12-2009, 09:05 PM
They must have seen the competition and realized there was no chance.....

GeordyBass
01-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Man up, shut up and fish!

no bitching.

KPi think i'd rather not say anything cause you were pretty cool when i saw you a couple of times....i'll take it as $h!t talk not an insult....

Karlow the homo is gonna get the skunko!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

GeordyBass
01-12-2009, 09:26 PM
They must have seen the competition and realized there was no chance.....lololololol...No one be Intimidated!!!These are fun events and it don't matter if you don't get as much fish as them or if you do way better!!!These basstards are fun as hell to hang out with and Gary knows how to put a show!Bob is an ol' geezer who likes to talk about his days in the Revolutionary War...Uncle Trolly likes to outfish these basstards anytime...Peg_Leg(if he goes) will do anything,i mean anything to be funny and he is funny(looking).Just A Tip to everyone who doesn't wanna go because of that...just my :My Two Cents:...

Remember,Uncle Booby invited EVERYONE....Everyone Should come and Party with these Party Animals!:Envious::ROFL::EyePop::LOL:

Cow Patty
01-12-2009, 09:49 PM
We need a trophy for this one. How about a Washington Redskin football helmet. They are not using theirs this time of year.Sorry T.O. JK. I'll bring hot dogs again this time. Less time cooking more time fishing.

Boaters:
2.migfrias and daughter
4.Cow Patty & One Leg (aka Ozzy Osborne)+1

Non Boaters:
Lonely Hitts

TroutOnly
01-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Cool cowpaddy, ,,,,,,,,,,to everone interested in the striper derby its a day of fishing not so much a competion, the competion is very friendly and everybody trys to help each other,,,t/o,,,,,and have a nice little raffle and a little something to eat a whole bunch of laughs and maybe some music from feelthe steel,,,,

CAPT'N
01-13-2009, 07:08 AM
Hi all

looking forward to getting slayed again! If I was a betting man,which I am; I would be betting on Hiro....................again:Angry:

Boaters:
2.migfrias and daughter
5. FishyBoy & Capt'n in the FishyToy

Non Boaters:
Lonely Hitts

kpn
01-13-2009, 07:49 AM
We need a trophy for this one.

It's in the work as we speak :Wink:. It's a ........secret Tony :LOL:.

KPN.

kpn
01-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Hi all

looking forward to getting slayed again! If I was a betting man,which I am; I would be betting on Hiro....................again:Angry:

Boaters:
2.migfrias and daughter

Non Boaters:
Lonely Hitts

I'm waiting for my new found friend " Latefisher" to sign up. I'm fishing on his boat this time......This should be fun event :LOL:.

KPN.

LateFisher
01-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Kpn, i'm very new to computers, so if you could paste and list us on the boater list , i would greatly appreciate it. #6 latefisher, kpn, boogiefisher(my brother),and a friend isaac. Thanks, john

kpn
01-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Here you go John. Thanks for the invited.

Boaters:
2.migfrias and daughter
6. Latefisher, boogiefisher, KPN and a friend isaac

Non Boaters:
Lonely Hitts

KPN.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-13-2009, 09:46 AM
As Bob has stated, this is day of fun, our goal is for everyone to have fun and everyone to catch fish.

The competition is not as harsh as the smack we talk, it's all about fun and conradery.

Yes there will be a trophy, a special trophy that will be passed along to each years winner, sorta how they do at the smackdown but it will not be a pimp cane.

I strongly encourage everyone to sign up on the list, this will be one you won't want to miss.

Last years event was a blast for a 1st time event.

No entry fee's are required just bring a small "striper pack"....a few lures of sorts or something striper related.

We pool all of these things together and raffle them off at the end with the presentation of the winners. By the way, the raffle is free as well.

No monies will be collected or awarded just the giveaway items we collect from each person as mentioned above.

AND.....Yes, per Bob's unclassified requests.... I will be performing acoustic versions of some fishing songs written (or re-written) by none other than myself....I am also working on a couple new ones and the event should be a blast.

Please join us at this shindig if you are so inclined.

let 'em feel some steel !

Gary

CAPT'N
01-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Well put Gary..............

The event was a blast last year, everyone had fun and went home with some goodies. if I remember correctly, Cow Patty won a nice Shimano rod last year.

Boaters:
2.migfrias and daughter
5. FishyBoy & Capt'n with BONES in the FishyToy

Non Boaters:
Lonely Hitts

Captain Castaic
01-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey Bob...since I wasnt at last years where do you guys party afterwards? In the main ramp lot? I was just thinking the west ramp lot has bbqs and tables over looking the water...just a thought. Now that I think about it the main ramp does to if you dont mind cement campsites! lol
Gary.....check your PMS

C.C.

Captain Castaic
01-14-2009, 10:20 PM
bUMP! Come on people....SIGN UP!!!! DONT MISS OUT!!!!

C.C.

Fisherman57
01-15-2009, 10:58 AM
http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/sbowl09.jpg

Boaters:

1. Hiro & Gary in Hiros slay machine..
2. migfrias and daughter
3. Captain Castaic and Fishski
4. Cow Patty & One Leg (aka Ozzy Osborne)+1

Non Boaters:

1. Ray Lo the boatless wonder boy!
2. Lonely Hitts
3. Phishook (Nathan) <---willing to split a rental if no spots on other boats

LateFisher
01-15-2009, 11:01 AM
COME ON GUYS IT WILL BE A BLAST !!!!!!!! WHERE IS TEAM STRIPER , BING, AND MAVERICK WHY HAVE'NT YOU SIGNED UP YET ? COME ON GUYS I'M CALLING YOU OUT :Guns: :ROFL: :ROFL: :Beer Toast:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-15-2009, 11:03 AM
[FONT=Arial]http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/sbowl09.jpg[/FONT

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Too funny Dana !!!

Captain Castaic
01-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Nice Dana...wow is that real?!?!?! lol

That would be way cool...

C.C.

Fisherman57
01-15-2009, 11:45 AM
http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/sb2banner.jpg

www.troutonly.net (http://www.troutonly.net)

Boaters:

2. migfrias and daughter

Non Boaters:

2. Lonely Hitts

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Sung to the Tune of the band Sweet...

Ballroom Blitz !

BUT...this song is Titled: Striper Blitz

Oh it's been getting so hard
Try-in to get those fish…ta bite for me
Well this lake is getting so strange
The fish have gone too deep from what I’ve seen

T/O is in the back as a matter of fact
And his eyes are as red as the sun
Wingnut is at his side as Bob takes him for a ride
And Bob thinks he's the passionate one

Oh Yeah!
The bite was like LIGHTNING
So hot it was FRIGHT’NING
And the drags started PEELING
Then we all started REELING

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah-Yeah-Yeah
And Bob was in the back and said everyone attack
And it turned into the STRIPER BLITZ.
And Hiro’s in the corner said boy I want to warn you
Gonna turn into a STRIPER BLITZ…
STRIPER BLITZ, STRIPER BLITZ, STRIPER BLITZ, STRIPER BLITZ

Oh I’m casting out for something
Catch’in toads is ‘all I ever do !
Oh I softly call you over
As I set the hook in number two !

One_leg is in the back and he’s ready to attack
As he raises his hands to the sky
He says I wanna to catch a HAWG …. I say don’t worry dawg
You’ll catch a big pig'… if you TRY….

Oh Yeah!

The bite was electric
The fight was so hectic
As the DRAGS started SCREAMING
Then all the fish started BLEEDING

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah-Yeah-Yeah
And Bob was in the back and said everyone attack
And it turned into the STRIPER BLITZ.
And Hiro’s in the corner said boy I want to warn you
It'll gonna turn into a STRIPER BLITZ…
STRIPER BLITZ, STRIPER BLITZ, STRIPER BLITZ, STRIPER BLITZ

Guitar Solo
Oh Yeah!

The bite was like LIGHTNING
So hot it was FRIGHT’NING
And the drag started PEELING
Then we all started REELING

CHORUS Repeat
It's it's a STRIPER BLITZ
Yeah, it's a STRIPER BLITZ

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-15-2009, 03:23 PM
To the tune of Ted Nugent's Cat Scratch Fever !

(this one is for Trolly and Pontoon !)

Catfish Fever

I cast a chunk of Mackeral and I hope that they come.
I hope they’re comin’ out for me’
And I hope that when they bite it, I hope they bite it good
I wanna hear that drag sing

And give me CATFISH FEVER
CATFISH FEVER
Don’t want no BACKLASH FEVER
Cause I want CATFISH FEVER

The 1st time that I caught one, I was just 10 years old.
Caught it in some little mud hole
And I went back to the baitshop and I got some more hooks
And then I caught some more

Cause I had CATFISH FEVER
CATFISH FEVER
Cause I have CATFISH FEVER

(Bridge)
My hooks are dangerous
They’ll feel the pain
They’re gonna’ FEEL THAT STEEL Sting !
I think I got one…
I’m going insane
Cause I don’t want to FARM ‘EM… Don’t FARM ‘EM !
I’m goin outa my head…

Solo
CATFISH FEVER

Captain Castaic
01-15-2009, 06:56 PM
wHEW!!!! I thought I was gonna get flung under the bus in one of your parodies!!!! Wait...that must mean you are working on one involving me and Scott!!! Oh no...dont go there!!! My boat isnt too waxy!!!

C.C.

Captain Castaic
01-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Looks like seventeen people so far...getting better!

GeordyBass
01-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Boaters:

2. migfrias and daughter
7.GeordyStriper and the Old Man...lol...

Non Boaters:

2. Lonely Hitts

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-16-2009, 09:10 AM
wHEW!!!! I thought I was gonna get flung under the bus in one of your parodies!!!! Wait...that must mean you are working on one involving me and Scott!!! Oh no...dont go there!!! My boat isnt too waxy!!!

C.C.
Sounds like you WANT to be my target....WELL...looks like I gotta write some Mo'...

Ha ha....you are screwed.......................

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Sounds like you WANT to be my target....WELL...looks like I gotta write some Mo'...

Ha ha....you are screwed.......................
AND...sorry Scott...looks like you have been dragged into this....ha hahah

Captain Castaic
01-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Bring it on!

JSAUCE818
01-17-2009, 07:15 AM
Boaters:

2. migfrias and daughter
7.GeordyStriper and the Old Man...lol...
8.JSAUCE818+Your mom in the Bass Bucket

Non Boaters:

2. Lonely Hitts

Brian_GSC
01-17-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm gonna try to make it.

...I may have space on my boat for 1, maybe 2 guys.

Shock
01-19-2009, 10:04 AM
So far it looks like I won't have to come in to work but that can change last minute...
Hopefully I will be there. Last year was too much fun to pass up!!

Boaters:

2. migfrias and daughter
7. GeordyStriper and the Old Man...lol...
8. JSAUCE818+Your mom in the Bass Bucket
9. Shock

Non Boaters:

2. Lonely Hitts

fishinone
01-19-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm signing up with a boatload.

Boaters:

2. migfrias and daughter
9. Shock
10. FishInone, Striper Donnie and Bong

Non Boaters:

2. Lonely Hitts

MAVERICK27
01-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Any boat restistions there...I.E. direct injection 2 strokes ok???

Daryl
01-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Any boat restistions there...I.E. direct injection 2 strokes ok???

Maverick,
2 strokes are okay at Castaic. Here is a link with their boating rules:

http://www.castaiclake.com/regulations/boating.htm

BassinChef
01-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Boaters:

2. migfrias and daughter
9. Shock

Non Boaters:

2. Lonely Hitts

3. Phishook (Nathan) <---willing to split a rental if no spots on other boat
4. BassinChef <----- willing to split a rental as well

PhisHook
01-21-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm gonna try to make it.

...I may have space on my boat for 1, maybe 2 guys.

I request permission to come aboard :Titanic:

PhisHook
01-21-2009, 07:29 AM
How is the bbq going to work? Are their bbq's their or will wee need to bring something?

Nate

Fisherman57
01-21-2009, 12:33 PM

Boaters:

2. Migfrias and daughter
4. Cow Patty & One Leg (aka Ozzy Osborne) +1
6. Latefisher, Boogiefisher, KPN and a friend isaac
7. GeordyBass and the Old Man...lol...
8. JSAUCE818 +Your mom in the Bass Bucket
9. Shock

Non Boaters:

2. Lonely Hitts

GOOD LUCK OUT THERE!
TEAM 57 WILL BE DONATING THE FOLLOWING TO "Trout Only's" Striper Bowl:

2 - $25.00 BASS PRO SHOPS GIFT CARDS!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/bass-pro-shops-gift-card_24.jpg

Captain Castaic
01-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Wow Dana....thats way cool.

Cudos to you...!!!

C.C.

MAVERICK27
01-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks Daryl....my work won't let me view that page. If you get time, can you cutn paste or PM it? Sorry....

Hitts0n
01-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Good stuff Dana !:Envious:

Fisherman57
01-21-2009, 04:45 PM

Boaters:

2. Migfrias and daughter
9. Shock

Non Boaters:

2. Lonely Hitts

GOOD LUCK OUT THERE!
TEAM 57 WILL BE DONATING THE FOLLOWING TO "Trout Only's" Striper Bowl:

2 - $25.00 BASS PRO SHOPS GIFT CARDS!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/bass-pro-shops-gift-card_24.jpg

GdHkSet1
01-21-2009, 07:31 PM
GDHKSET1 and The Pimp-Cane man- P-WYNN will be there....

Boaters:

2. Migfrias and daughter
9. Shock
11. Pwynn & GdHkSet1

Non Boaters:

2. Lonely Hitts

NoHo ART
01-21-2009, 07:51 PM
yo hitts what do you know about striper fishing?
i would like to go but i don't know $@!* about striper fishing
or what kind of gear i need....

Hitts0n
01-21-2009, 09:26 PM
yo hitts what do you know about striper fishing?
i would like to go but i don't know $@!* about striper fishing
or what kind of gear i need....

Depends what lake we go to...lol:ROFL:
I know how to slay at Pyramid,but castaic...is a different story.Chovies,shad lures....night crawlers....Depends also if you are on shore or boat.I hope this is at Pyramid ! Less wind and hassle!:Twisted:
So I pr4y for the wind to be at Castaic this year! Dayum lake lice will be all over castaic also.! But I will have my sea sick pills on stand by.....lol
10-12 lb test lines!
I know a hot spot from shore!!

NoHo ART
01-21-2009, 11:23 PM
I know how to slay at Pyramid,but castaic...is a different story.Chovies,shad lures....night crawlers....Depends also if you are on shore or boat.I hope this is at Pyramid ! Less wind and hassle!:Twisted:
So I pr4y for the wind to be at Castaic this year! Dayum lake lice will be all over castaic also.! But I will have my sea sick pills on stand by.....lol
10-12 lb test lines!

wanna join me on my 14' valco aluminum luxury yacht witch has 3 bedrooms and 4 side bathrooms, a sun deck and a jacuzzi?:ROFL:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-22-2009, 09:29 AM
wanna join me on my 14' valco aluminum luxury yacht witch has 3 bedrooms and 4 side bathrooms, a sun deck and a jacuzzi?:ROFL:

NOW...thats what I'm talking about and what I was hoping to see...this is great ....

I tip my hat to all the people on here that are inviting others to see that they get out on a boat.

In the spirit of that, this goes out to Raylo the boatless wonderboy (ha ha ha)....if you have a way to tow it, I'll let you use my aluminum skiff and Geordy (geordybass) has agreed to let you use his 4 hp motor.

The trailer hitch is 1 7/8".....if you work out a way to tow it you can use it to get your slay-on !

It is at my house a few blocks from castaic lagoon.

Gary

P.S.
Thanks for the BPS gift certs Dana....thats totally cool of you...

Adam_B.
01-22-2009, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=gletemfeelsteelgary;291769]Let's start a list....boaters non boaters etc.

Maybe we can get people paired up..

Add your name to the list...cut and paste, I will not maintain this list!

QUOTE]

LOL! Poor Gary!

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-22-2009, 10:12 AM
NOW...thats what I'm talking about and what I was hoping to see...this is great ....

I tip my hat to all the people on here that are inviting others to see that they get out on a boat.

In the spirit of that, this goes out to Raylo the boatless wonderboy (ha ha ha)....if you have a way to tow it, I'll let you use my aluminum skiff and Geordy (geordybass) has agreed to let you use his 4 hp motor.

The trailer hitch is 1 7/8".....if you work out a way to tow it you can use it to get your slay-on !

It is at my house a few blocks from castaic lagoon.

Gary

P.S.
Thanks for the BPS gift certs Dana....thats totally cool of you...

P.S.

This particular boat seats 2 so it will now be up to Ray who he has join him if he takes my offer

Captain Castaic
01-22-2009, 04:52 PM
A very touching extension of your generous morality....

C.C.

one_leg
01-22-2009, 04:55 PM

C.C.

GeordyBass told me that it is about the only thing he has been extending lately.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-22-2009, 04:59 PM

C.C.
Why thank you, please dont expect you and I to cuddle now

GeordyBass told me that it is about the only thing he has been extending lately.
Please dont be jealeuos and if that were to be true, that would be something we both have in common.....

one_leg
01-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Please dont be jealeuos and if that were to be true, that would be something we both have in common.....

Maybe we should hold the Striper Bowl at the Duct? Lots of big fish coming from there right now!!!

:Cool:

BTW: Will there be any KPN's for sale before the event?

fishinone
01-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Maybe we should hold the Striper Bowl at the Duct? Lots of big fish coming from there right now!!!

:Cool:

BTW: Will there be any KPN's for sale before the event?

Just open the gates. I'll figure out how to launch the boat.

NoHo ART
01-22-2009, 11:36 PM
well since we are striper fishing ..... i need new gear...and as much help i can get picking the right gear... here is s few minutes worth of or search on the internet ....... i would like to get 2 sets and would like to keep it under $300

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0037180120889a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=OKUMA+CONVECTOR+&sort=all&Go.y=4&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=12&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=310117414007

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-OKUMA-MAGDA-PRO-45DX-PRE-SPOOLED-W-27-LEADCORE-LINE_W0QQitemZ310116485917QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item310116485917&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-OKUMA-CL452L-REELS-W-7-ROD-LEADCORE-COMBOS-NEW_W0QQitemZ390021512771QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item390021512771&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166-cat350027&rid=&indexId=cat350027&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=7&parentType=index&parentId=cat350027&id=0037180

baits, rigs, lures, line, hooks

NoHo ART
01-23-2009, 12:27 AM
Boaters:

2. Migfrias and daughter
9. Shock
11. Pwynn & GdHkSet1
12. NoHo & Hitts

Non Boaters:

2. Phishook (Nathan) <---willing to split a rental if no spots on other boat
3. BassinChef <----- willing to split a rental as well

Ray Lopez
01-23-2009, 12:02 PM
im still looking for a boat to hop on???

anyone????

*crickets*

GdHkSet1
01-23-2009, 12:36 PM
NoHo
I have a couple of the Okuma Magda Pro 30DX's I use with 12 pd LC, have not had any issues with the reels, and they have taking a beaten at DV, when DV was a PB trolling lake. Here's the link at Franks, prices are still low there:

http://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=OKUMA&x=27&y=10

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-23-2009, 03:46 PM
10-12 lb test lines!
I dont think bait is gonna do ya much good at Castaic unless it's live shad, ya may get lucky but ya betta off with lures at castaic..

Pyramid bait or lures....

My 2 cents...

im still looking for a boat to hop on???

anyone????

*crickets*

Ray...please look at page 11 of the posts, 1st and 3rd post up from the bottom....

GeordyBass
01-23-2009, 04:23 PM
GeordyBass told me that it is about the only thing he has been extending lately.pisss off old man....:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

TroutOnly
01-23-2009, 07:57 PM
My two guests are going to be kewlwhip and blackwater ,im going to fish castaic sunday with one of my younger brothers we havent fish together in about twenty years we will work it hard ,if it ends up stinking we may have to go up to pyramid so people have a better chance to catch,,,t/o,,,geordy you need to take youre pal oneleg,,,lol

GeordyBass
01-23-2009, 08:30 PM
My two guests are going to be kewlwhip and blackwater ,im going to fish castaic sunday with one of my younger brothers we havent fish together in about twenty years we will work it hard ,if it ends up stinking we may have to go up to pyramid so people have a better chance to catch,,,t/o,,,geordy you need to take youre pal oneleg,,,lol
I ain't gonna pick him up...:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I'll take my little inflatable and tow him around the lake.:Shocked::Twisted::LOL:

Were gonna use Gary's favorite colored bucktails....
FeelThePinkBucktails,,,lol,,,

Bucket bay
01-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Ok I’m in and I can make raylow my boat ho. lol

Boaters:

2. Migfrias and daughter
9. Shock
11. Pwynn & GdHkSet1
12. NoHo & Hitts
13. Bucket bay

Non Boaters:

1. Phishook (Nathan) <---willing to split a rental if no spots on other boat
2. BassinChef <----- willing to split a rental as well

Wingnut
01-23-2009, 10:31 PM
My two guests are going to be kewlwhip and blackwater,

Sorry Bob, the only flight I could book was leaving Friday night. :Neutral:
No worries, Kewly, Blackwater & TroutOnly WILL BE the team to beat! :Twisted:
Phuong (Blackwater) will be bringing the raffle prizes from Dana & I. :Cool:

bones
01-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Sorry Bob, the only flight I could book was leaving Friday night. :Neutral:
No worries, Kewly, Blackwater & TroutOnly WILL BE the team to beat! :Twisted:
Phuong (Blackwater) will be bringing the raffle prizes from Dana & I. :Cool:

I figure that if we stay about 140 ft behind Bob on the troll we will not only SPOOK his fish but nail them about 10 seconds later.
THAT'S THE WAR PLAN FOR OUR BOAT....LOL

Hitts0n
01-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Well now that Wingnut is out of the picture for that day,my only real challenge now is Gary and Shock !:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

GeordyBass
01-24-2009, 10:47 PM
I figure that if we stay about 140 ft behind Bob on the troll we will not only SPOOK his fish but nail them about 10 seconds later.
guess i'll be about 280ft. from Bob...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Badbeat
01-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Damn Bob, Phuong and I flipped a coin to see who will take Art's spot and I lost. :Neutral: He's a little rusty though, haven't fished for awhile. Have fun you guys, go Team T/O! :Envious:

Binh

GdHkSet1
01-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Looks like clear weather is predicted for next weekend, hope the fishing is good:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Castaic&state=CA&site=LOX&textField1=34.4889&textField2=-118.622

PhisHook
01-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Should I bring some ez-ups? I can bring 2 mabey 3 large ones.

Nate

fishinone
01-26-2009, 10:43 AM
guess i'll be about 280ft. from Bob...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

OK!. Somebody help me with the math! Whats 3 x 140?

It'll look like a wagon train, We'll have to sing Rawhide to get the fish to bite.

We can circle the wagons and scare the fish off of all the rigs.

FishinOne

BassinChef
01-26-2009, 12:24 PM
If anyone has a spot or last minute spot available I would be willing to pay for gas, I got drinks food for the bbq .....if not that's cool but I would need a 1 hour headstart if I'm in a rental :)

Bassinchef

GdHkSet1
01-26-2009, 12:44 PM
HEY T.O

How was the stripey bite yesterday at Castaic? did you get the chance to go. Were all waiting on deep the fish were, type of lures etc.. you know the small small details:)

Hitts0n
01-26-2009, 12:47 PM
If anyone has a spot or last minute spot available I would be willing to pay for gas, I got drinks food for the bbq .....if not that's cool but I would need a 1 hour headstart if I'm in a rental :)

Bassinchef

pm bucket bay and shock.more people will be signing up

fishinone
01-26-2009, 02:36 PM
well since we are striper fishing ..... i need new gear...and as much help i can get picking the right gear... here is s few minutes worth of or search on the internet ....... i would like to get 2 sets and would like to keep it under $300

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0037180120889a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=OKUMA+CONVECTOR+&sort=all&Go.y=4&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=12&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=310117414007

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-OKUMA-MAGDA-PRO-45DX-PRE-SPOOLED-W-27-LEADCORE-LINE_W0QQitemZ310116485917QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item310116485917&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-OKUMA-CL452L-REELS-W-7-ROD-LEADCORE-COMBOS-NEW_W0QQitemZ390021512771QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item390021512771&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166-cat350027&rid=&indexId=cat350027&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=7&parentType=index&parentId=cat350027&id=0037180

How about one of these? I've got one of the Cabela's Derthmaster II reels. It's been flawless for years.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166-cat350027&rid=&indexId=cat350027&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=11&parentType=index&parentId=cat350027&id=0031595

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166-cat350027_TGP&id=0064505124326a&navCount=9&podId=0064505&parentId=cat350027&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

Shock
01-26-2009, 02:52 PM
How about one of these? I've got one of the Cabela's Derthmaster II reels. It's been flawless for years.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166-cat350027&rid=&indexId=cat350027&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=11&parentType=index&parentId=cat350027&id=0031595

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166-cat350027_TGP&id=0064505124326a&navCount=9&podId=0064505&parentId=cat350027&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

Agreed. These combos will work fine. You don't have to get all fancy and spend a lot of money on gear to troll for striper. You just have to find the feesh and be at the right depth and pick the right colors to troll... Mainly its all about time on the water....As Gary would say... Gotta pay your dues!!!!

breeze71
01-26-2009, 03:07 PM

NoHo ART,

I know sometimes you have a strict budget but sometimes you should break the rules so you don't end up spending more down the line.

I own 2 sets of Shimano Tekota 600 with line counters : TEK600LC - 300 yrd/20lb - 4.2:1 - 3+1 - 15.9 - $180

Coupled with Shimano Teramar Rods (Send me a pm tonight for the specs) $120

I know some people think i am crazy to couple these 2 combos but it's the best tip action and backbone I have handled for trolling plus the skeptics change their mind once they actually see the combo at work but each has their own preference for rods But the reel is a must.

The rod and reel have a life time warranty from Shimano.

I've spent twice the amount of money finding these sets but I am happy that I have them now. I just wish I had purchased them from day one.

Hope that helps.

pwynn
01-26-2009, 03:12 PM
I look forward to meeting all you Fnn's that I have not met before. I have never fished castaic so it should be interesting. And getting up @ 3 to make that dive up there should be a hoot also

Shock
01-26-2009, 03:16 PM
As Hiro said, the Tekota reels are really sweet!!! I have the 600 also on one of my setups and LOVE it.....

pwynn
01-26-2009, 03:22 PM
i have a tekota also it is a great lc reel i have caught so 40 lb albies on it also.

NoHo ART
01-26-2009, 03:26 PM
do they come in left hand retrieval?
this is one of my biggest problems in fishing gear as i am a lefty

pwynn
01-26-2009, 03:29 PM
yeppers they do

kewlwhip
01-26-2009, 03:35 PM

easssy bones- don't forget me and blackwater are in the boat..we'll have amo for any "poachers behind us" ...kinda used to that when fishin w/ uncle B- but during contests????? hope no more-

ps- We're used to sinkin pirate boats- they work good, just like dead trees at the bottom of the dink' lolzz

kewlwhip
01-26-2009, 03:39 PM

:Cool: can't wait-

GeordyBass
01-26-2009, 04:07 PM
NoHo ART,

I know sometimes you have a strict budget but sometimes you should break the rules so you don't end up spending more down the line.

I own 2 sets of Shimano Tekota 600 with line counters : TEK600LC - 300 yrd/20lb - 4.2:1 - 3+1 - 15.9 - $180

Coupled with Shimano Teramar Rods (Send me a pm tonight for the specs) $120

I know some people think i am crazy to couple these 2 combos but it's the best tip action and backbone I have handled for trolling plus the skeptics change their mind once they actually see the combo at work but each has their own preference for rods But the reel is a must.

The rod and reel have a life time warranty from Shimano.

I've spent twice the amount of money finding these sets but I am happy that I have them now. I just wish I had purchased them from day one.

Hope that helps.
those are the best trolling rods i've ever used when gary brought em'...

Damn i envy your gear!:EyePop::Cool:

GeordyBass
01-26-2009, 04:09 PM
OK!. Somebody help me with the math! Whats 3 x 140?

It'll look like a wagon train, We'll have to sing Rawhide to get the fish to bite.

We can circle the wagons and scare the fish off of all the rigs.

FishinOneno i meant me(physically) will be that distance from them not my trolling rigs...they'll be about 170 more...:Wink:

GeordyBass
01-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Will there be any KPN's for sale before the event?they'll be for sale at gallions and the store at castaic too...:Wink:

Hitts0n
01-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Count down!

trollmiester
01-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Team trolltoon is in add me and terry for the event.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Team trolltoon is in add me and terry for the event.

Sign your names on the list......

I will dedicate my "Catfish Fever" song to the pair of you...and you do make quite the couple !!!! woo hoo...

they'll be for sale at gallions and the store at castaic too...:Wink:

Hold on there speedy...you better check with Khanh, I beleive the aforementioned stores only carry the topwater versions, not the skinny shad....KPN will have to verify that but I beleive thats the case...

KPN should have some available for sale at the event..I do know that.

those are the best trolling rods i've ever used when gary brought em'...

Damn i envy your gear!:EyePop::Cool:

ROD envy ??????

Cow Patty
01-26-2009, 06:39 PM
For those who are asking what to bring. Just make it simple. All I brought last year was Hot Dogs.Just bring what you like to share.Here's some ideas.(Chicken,Smoke Tuna,Devil eggs,Hamburger's,Sodas,water). Also try to use a propane barbecue, Its a lot easier then charcoal.Just remember less time cooking more time fishing.P.S. NEED A FEW TABLES

Thanks Cow Patty, See you all there.

one_leg
01-26-2009, 06:59 PM
The Great White Mexican will be lowriding with Cow Patty and One_Leg.

Sorry Dwayne, but we wanted to make sure that we retained the services of the best documentarians to ever grace the pages of FNN.

Ray "Scorsese" Lopez will be the director on the vessel Cow Patty this time out. Mr. Lopez' reputation is well known in the fishing community and his outstanding contributions to the sport have garnered him accolades and awards from around the world. His exquisite timing and natural instincts to predict the actions of both angler and fish alike give him an uncanny ability to bring out the best in the battle between a fisherman and his quarry. His numerous movies feature many memorable scenes of some of the most easily identifiable anglers in the southern california sportfishing community.

He has caught many huge fish at Castaic Lake and is always searching for that slight edge that will enable him to win the never ending battle that we call fishing. He can usually be seen launching his beloved Huddleston Swimbaits in an effort to dupe the ever wary LMB at Castaic Lake (the upper) and Castaic Lagoon (the lower).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/P1010121.jpg
Here is Ray Lopez with his latest monster Double Digit Laregmouth Bass from Castaic Lagoon.

I consider it a tremendous privilege and a distinct pleasure to be able to announce that Ray Lopez will be sharing his immense wealth of fishing knowledge and skills with us at the Striper Bowl this year.

Please Note: If you happen to see Mr. Lopez while out on the water please refrain from using any flash photography or high intensity video lights in his immediate vicinity to prevent your interfering with his work during the Striper Bowl. We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Captain Castaic
01-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Someone gots the kush....!! You a freak O.L.!!! LOL

C.C.

Ray Lopez
01-26-2009, 09:05 PM

Sorry Dwayne, but we wanted to make sure that we retained the services of the best documentarians to ever grace the pages of FNN.

Ray "Scorsese" Lopez will be the director on the vessel Cow Patty this time out. Mr. Lopez' reputation is well known in the fishing community and his outstanding contributions to the sport have garnered him accolades and awards from around the world. His exquisite timing and natural instincts to predict the actions of both angler and fish alike give him an uncanny ability to bring out the best in the battle between a fisherman and his quarry. His numerous movies feature many memorable scenes of some of the most easily identifiable anglers in the southern california sportfishing community.

He has caught many huge fish at Castaic Lake and is always searching for that slight edge that will enable him to win the never ending battle that we call fishing. He can usually be seen launching his beloved Huddleston Swimbaits in an effort to dupe the ever wary LMB at Castaic Lake (the upper) and Castaic Lagoon (the lower).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/P1010121.jpg
Here is Ray Lopez with his latest monster Double Digit Laregmouth Bass from Castaic Lagoon.

I consider it a tremendous privilege and a distinct pleasure to be able to announce that Ray Lopez will be sharing his immense wealth of fishing knowledge and skills with us at the Striper Bowl this year.

Please Note: If you happen to see Mr. Lopez while out on the water please refrain from using any flash photography or high intensity video lights in his immediate vicinity to prevent your interfering with his work during the Striper Bowl. We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

*bows* thank you thank you

bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaa

OL you're to much man

thanks again for the invite to fish with you two.

can't wait to get the slay going this weekend.

we shall have the winning fish this time around

Ray Lopez
01-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Boaters:

2. Migfrias and daughter
4. Cow Patty, One Leg (aka Ozzy Osborne), and Ray Lo The Terrible
9. Shock
11. Pwynn & GdHkSet1
12. NoHo & Hitts
13. Bucket bay

Non Boaters:

trollmiester
01-27-2009, 07:10 AM
someone add our names to the list i do not know how.

one_leg
01-27-2009, 07:19 AM
Boaters:

2. Migfrias and daughter
9. Shock
11. Pwynn & GdHkSet1
12. NoHo & Hitts
13. Bucket bay
14. Team TrollToon
Non Boaters:

PhisHook
01-27-2009, 07:20 AM
OL beat me too it

pwynn
01-27-2009, 08:12 AM
but does anyone know if the feeshing is getting better? i read the report @www.sportfishingreport.com. which said that a few fish were caught on Sunday. TO said he was going to fish sunday i wonder how he did?

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-27-2009, 09:42 AM

But will he catch any fish ????

kewlwhip
01-27-2009, 09:46 AM
-looking for a few of these...-

http://bp1.blogger.com/_JaDVFdQMdwc/R6qAeMDJ0HI/AAAAAAAAFqU/Y4tpfdYZVbM/s400/rockfish.JPG

"REEL BIG FISH: 73-pound rockfish (striped bass) caught off Cape Henry" looks like it swallowed the kids younger brother- jk

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Rules for 2009 Striperbowl

*1st Place

Heaviest stringer (10 fish limit)

*Biggest Fish
(this is a no brainer).

*Rules regarding multiple boaters and or shore fisherman:

This will follow the honor system, PLEASE no mixing multiple anglers catches to obtain the heaviest stringer, the only one you’ll be truly cheating is yourself.
Please work out a system in advance to keep your catches separate, here are a few examples.

1.clip a left pectoral fin off for angler #1, the right for angler #2 and no clip for angler #3 etc.
2.Use a colored stringer even inside the livewell.
3.Use a hole punch to punch a hole in a fin as mentioned above.

Any method of your choice is fine just please keep it honorable folks.

*Methods.
All standard Striper fishing methods apply, i.e. bait, lures, trolling rigs, live shad, etc.

*Hours.

Opening till CLOSING pm (HOURS SHOULD BE 7AM TO 5:15PM), weigh in to follow at that time.
The barbeque will take place at this time as well as the raffle and fishing songs.

THE FESTIVITIES AFTER THE FISHING WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE LAGOON CAMPGROUNDS.

Come down the hill and take the 1st right to enter the lagoon.
(where you would enter to go to the fishing pier)

Keep going past the pay booth to the campgrounds (do not turn left to the fishing pier).

Everyone have fun, this is what this event is about, good friends and good times, food and hopefully many fish !

Ray Lopez
01-27-2009, 11:46 AM
But will he catch any fish ????

no lol

well i hope so

if not i'll be there to make clips, take pic, and talk tons of Shhhhhhhhhhhh

BIGRED KILLA
01-27-2009, 12:35 PM
-looking for a few of these...-

http://bp1.blogger.com/_JaDVFdQMdwc/R6qAeMDJ0HI/AAAAAAAAFqU/Y4tpfdYZVbM/s400/rockfish.JPG

"REEL BIG FISH: 73-pound rockfish (striped bass) caught off Cape Henry" looks like it swallowed the kids younger brother- jk

I wish we had those schooling in are ocean.Not just a couple

Bigred

kewlwhip
01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
I wish we had those schooling in are ocean.Not just a couple

Bigred

yeah, no doubt!

smalweld
01-27-2009, 07:43 PM
I Want to do this, I have a small boat, but last time I went there I was skunked. What are the striper biting on and at what depth?? Went with Bob last year but that was late summer. Now the water is colder and the striper seem to be on the bottom. What type of rigs are they hitting?? Hints are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Sean

PhisHook
01-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Any updates on avalible spots on boats? I will be a cabin boy if needed as long as I get some fishing in also :Envious:

Also I will be bringing 3 lbs of marinated carne and a ice chest with some sodas any sugestions as to type of drink I will have brisk tea and?

Nate

GdHkSet1
01-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Smalweld PM sent.

karlow
01-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Boaters:

2. Migfrias and daughter
9. Shock
11. Pwynn & GdHkSet1
12. NoHo & Hitts
13. Bucket bay
14. Team TrollToon
15. karlow, & Joe TLC, in for the hunt! Riding in Spare Change (17' tracker)
Non Boaters:

Hitts0n
01-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Rules for 2009 Striperbowl

*1st Place

Heaviest stringer (10 fish limit)

*Biggest Fish
(this is a no brainer).

*Rules regarding multiple boaters and or shore fisherman:

This will follow the honor system, PLEASE no mixing multiple anglers catches to obtain the heaviest stringer, the only one you’ll be truly cheating is yourself.
Please work out a system in advance to keep your catches separate, here are a few examples.

1.clip a left pectoral fin off for angler #1, the right for angler #2 and no clip for angler #3 etc.
2.Use a colored stringer even inside the livewell.
3.Use a hole punch to punch a hole in a fin as mentioned above.

Any method of your choice is fine just please keep it honorable folks.

*Methods.
All standard Striper fishing methods apply, i.e. bait, lures, trolling rigs, live shad, etc.

*Hours.

Opening till CLOSING pm (HOURS SHOULD BE 7AM TO 5:15PM), weigh in to follow at that time.
The barbeque will take place at this time as well as the raffle and fishing songs.

THE FESTIVITIES AFTER THE FISHING WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE LAGOON CAMPGROUNDS.

Come down the hill and take the 1st right to enter the lagoon.
(where you would enter to go to the fishing pier)

Keep going past the pay booth to the campgrounds (do not turn left to the fishing pier).

Everyone have fun, this is what this event is about, good friends and good times, food and hopefully many fish !

First of all these rules suck.
Second,thats good Ray Lopez is going!
Third,no one will catch ten fish on one boat anyways.
Forth,when trolling,how will you determain who's fish is who's?
Fifth,it starts getting dark about 5ish.Why not leave the waters earlier?
Sixth,Good luck to all !
Seventh, I have my prizes ready !:ROFL:

BTW: They kick everyone off the lake by 4pm. heheehehehe!

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Sixth,Good luck to all !

Dude....lay off the Yager man...or is it mad dog 20/20 ?

RE:
THIRD....it doesn't have to be ten fish, just the heaviest stringer....I am quoting the total possible fish ! PER PERSON !

FOURTH....it's up to you to determine who's turn it is when trolling...as for keeping track of whos fish is who's...do it however you want...note that what I wrote above are just my suggestions as to how to keep track !

FIFTH...Bob and I discussed the time and we agreed that we should give everyone the utmost oportunity to catch a decent amount of fish...I for one don't want to get off the lake at 3pm, the afternoon bite comes on then, I will verify the closing time with the lake but it doesnt matter the time, we fish till they close, then we go to the lagoon campground for the festivities.....

SIXTH !................LIGHTEN UP MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-28-2009, 09:41 AM
I went for 1hour & 20 min this morn b4 work.

I have not been out there for quite a while….

I metered fish that were real deep but I metered some fish here and there at an attainable depth.

Since my time is so limited in the morning I was not able to span too far out in the lake.

I metered many schools of shad, mostly on top but I only metered a couple fish on top.

It was kinda strange, given the amount of bait I metered, there should have been allot of activity on the bait balls….maybe it will pickup as the day wears on !

I searched the typical bottom structures in a trollable depth but did not find the fish holding where they should be.

I saw groupings relating to structure REAL deep in about 115’ to 190’ (Dayam !)

I saw a few bait balls down deep too in about 110’ that had a few fish on them.

There were fish to be had at a trollable depth but just small isolated pods here and there.

I would guess given more time I may have got some action after locating the active fish in the trollable depth….who knows for sure but I did not get any action this morning.

I may go Thursday for a follow up visit.

I saw Bob there so maybe he will give us a nice update, I would guess he will find some action but it looks like he may have to work at it a bit…I’m sure he’ll scratch ‘em out if I know Bob.

Gary

karlow
01-28-2009, 10:07 AM
I would vote to shorten the schdule to a 3PM weigh in time.

I'm going to need a nap or something at this rate. We are going to be getting up at 3, or 4 AM. Fishing to 5PM, and then the party starts?
You guys are men or steel for sure.
I will have to switch from beer to energy drinks!

I vote for more partying and less fishing in the dark!
How much light do they have in the camp area?

If you can't get the job done between 7AM, & 3PM, it's not your day!

KP

I approved of this add.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-28-2009, 10:12 AM
I would vote to shorten the schdule to a 3PM weigh in time.

I'm going to need a nap or something at this rate. We are going to be getting up at 3, or 4 AM. Fishing to 5PM, and then the party starts?
You guys are men or steel for sure.
I will have to switch from beer to energy drinks!

I vote for more partying and less fishing in the dark!
How much light do they have in the camp area?

If you can't get the job done between 7AM, & 3PM, it's not your day!

KP

I approved of this add.
If that is the general concensus by all means we can stop earlier, we just need to hear from everyone on this matter...

Again, this is not my event, I'm just helping out

RE: 3am to 5pm....ha ha ha....welcome to my world....I do it all the time...I suggest the green monster drinks..................Ya get your slay on when ya "monster up !" ha ha ha

pwynn
01-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I am good with 2 pm.............I also will have to get up at 3 am to get up there...............

karlow
01-28-2009, 12:09 PM
2PM is good for me as well.
I would vote for 2PM or 3PM.
That way I leave my monster in the dark where it belongs.

KP

Hey what is the water level like these days?

pwynn
01-28-2009, 12:16 PM
For all you striper killers out there the striper bowl # 2 is coming to castaic lake jan 31 ,its from 7 in the morning till 2 oclock so we have time fpr everybody to get off the water and we cand bbq and have our raffle just like last year, we will have lots of great raffles prizes,,,striperonly

2 is what BOB wrote in his very first post on this thread.....

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-28-2009, 02:03 PM
I just came from the lake and worked things out for our gathering after the fishing.

We will be grouping up at the lagoon campground camping spots B34, B35, B36,
I have worked it out so we may park the boats across from that in the RV camp spots B17 thru B28.

These spots are all now reserved for Saturday for our BBQ and raffle (see map attached)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/striperbowllagooncampres-1.jpg

trollmiester
01-28-2009, 05:50 PM
two sounds good

PhisHook
01-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Are these not pay spots in the campground?

TroutOnly
01-28-2009, 07:32 PM
GARY GOT US HOOKED UP WITH SOME ROOM, REFER TO HIM FOR EXACT DETAILS ,THE LAKE IS OPENING AT SEVEN ,HOPEFULLY MOST ARE CLOSER THAT TWO HOURS AWAY,KARL QUIT CRYIN,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/100_9847bbbBBBBBUUBBBOOOOOOOO-----S.jpg

smalweld
01-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Boaters:

2. Migfrias and daughter
9. Shock
11. Pwynn & GdHkSet1
12. NoHo & Hitts
13. Bucket bay
14. Team TrollToon
16.Smalweld and Greg bouncing around in the jon boat ...Hang On!!!!!
Non Boaters:

GdHkSet1
01-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Team #11 has head of the line privleges at the ramp, give us a break! Great job out there today t.o!

Hitts0n
01-28-2009, 11:12 PM
dude....lay off the yager man...or is it mad dog 20/20 ?

Re:
Third....it doesn't have to be ten fish, just the heaviest stringer....i am quoting the total possible fish ! Per person !

Fourth....it's up to you to determine who's turn it is when trolling...as for keeping track of whos fish is who's...do it however you want...note that what i wrote above are just my suggestions as to how to keep track !

Fifth...bob and i discussed the time and we agreed that we should give everyone the utmost oportunity to catch a decent amount of fish...i for one don't want to get off the lake at 3pm, the afternoon bite comes on then, i will verify the closing time with the lake but it doesnt matter the time, we fish till they close, then we go to the lagoon campground for the festivities.....

Sixth !................lighten up man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lma000 !!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shock
01-29-2009, 09:05 AM
I vote for 2:00 as well. I have things to do Sat night so I might be able to stay too long for the festivities. Not a big deal though. I just wanna kill me some feesh!!!

Poxy Boggards
01-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Boaters:

2. Migfrias and daughter
9. Shock
11. Pwynn & GdHkSet1
12. NoHo & Hitts
13. Bucket bay
14. Team TrollToon
Non Boaters:

3. Poxy Boggards (Wes) -- Looking for a ride-- anyone got some room? I'd be willing to contribute some gas money and bring food and drinks http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=301817#post301817

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Are these not pay spots in the campground?
Yes these are pay spots/lots....I have worked things out though, no boater will be charged for the entry to the lagoon or the parking site and the sites are reserved for us, per my reservations yesterday.

I have it all under controll.

The pay marquee booth closes at 4pm

To sum up, pay to launch / enter the upper to fish unless you have a pass....that will be the only lake fee's you'll need to cover...

Keep your stubs if you pay at the top just in case.....

I have taken care of all the rest..
Gary

kpn
01-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Yes these are pay spots/lots....I have worked things out though, no boater will be charged for the entry to the lagoon or the parking site and the sites are reserved for us, per my reservations yesterday.

I have it all under controll.

The pay marquee booth closes at 4pm

To sum up, pay to launch / enter the upper to fish unless you have a pass....that will be the only lake fee's you'll need to cover...

Keep your stubs if you pay at the top just in case.....

I have taken care of all the rest..
Gary

Good job Buddy. Keep it up :Wink:.
Thanks for the help bro.

KPN.

FISHSTIX
01-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Boaters:

2. Migfrias and daughter
9. Shock
11. Pwynn & GdHkSet1
12. NoHo & Hitts
13. Bucket bay
14. Team TrollToon
17. Fishstix, RIVERALLEY,+1
Non Boaters:

3. Poxy Boggards (Wes) -- Looking for a ride-- anyone got some room? I'd be willing to contribute some gas money and bring food and drinks [url]http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=301817#post301817

Ray Lopez
01-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Sixth,Good luck to all !

i should be First on this list......oh wait then it would read:

First of all Ray Lopez sucks.
Second,thats good the rules are going!

lol
but right now they kick you off the lake at 5pm now.

Dude....lay off the Yager man...or is it mad dog 20/20 ?

RE:
THIRD....it doesn't have to be ten fish, just the heaviest stringer....I am quoting the total possible fish ! PER PERSON !

FOURTH....it's up to you to determine who's turn it is when trolling...as for keeping track of whos fish is who's...do it however you want...note that what I wrote above are just my suggestions as to how to keep track !

FIFTH...Bob and I discussed the time and we agreed that we should give everyone the utmost oportunity to catch a decent amount of fish...I for one don't want to get off the lake at 3pm, the afternoon bite comes on then, I will verify the closing time with the lake but it doesnt matter the time, we fish till they close, then we go to the lagoon campground for the festivities.....

SIXTH !................LIGHTEN UP MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yea i would have to say gary to stop this slay at 3pm at least to let everyone chill out in the daylight for the bbq and the fun. Plus us crazy BASSturds can still fish the lagoon after the fact.

RE: 3am to 5pm....ha ha ha....welcome to my world....I do it all the time...I suggest the green monster drinks..................Ya get your slay on when ya "monster up !" ha ha ha

yea i'm with ya on this one gary.

many a times have i been up at 3am and fished till 8pm Or fished from 12pm till 4:30am

if you can't handle the fish then get off the lake lol

Ray Lopez
01-29-2009, 04:26 PM
The weather report for saturday looks good.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Random%20Images%20and%20avatars/weather.jpg

now lets just hope that this stays true and the wind really does die off on saturday because it said friday is gonna be gusty up to 50mph

fishinone
01-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Hello everyone,

I was talking to Steve at Gallion's Corner this morning and told him about Trout Only's, Striper Bowl and the raffle.

Steve donated three 1 oz. SPRO jigs and a SPRO BBZ Shad to the raffle.

Be sure to thank Steve at Gallion's when you stop in. http://www.gallionscorner.com/

Fishinone

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Hello everyone,

I was talking to Steve at Gallion's Corner this morning and told him about Trout Only's, Striper Bowl and the raffle.

Steve donated three 1 oz. SPRO jigs and a SPRO BBZ Shad to the raffle.

Be sure to thank Steve at Gallion's when you stop in. http://www.gallionscorner.com/

Fishinone
That is awesome, I'll have to stop by there tonight or tomorrow to thank Steve....

Real cool of him to do that !

Those BBZ shad are da bomb !

Salute !
Gary

fishinone
01-29-2009, 05:03 PM
That is awesome, I'll have to stop by there tonight or tomorrow to thank Steve....

Real cool of him to do that !

Those BBZ shad are da bomb !

Salute !
Gary

I bought a BBZ Shad yesterday and only threw it for about 10 minutes.

I had a DD Bass come out from shore on the surface 25 or 30 ft and make a hard pass on it. I don't know what I did to turn her off. I moved it in a rod sweep just as she got to it. I thought it would make her think it was trying to escape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What an awesome action. I still can't believe that turns around and looks back.

pwynn
01-30-2009, 06:49 AM
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/pwynn77/weather.gif

kewlwhip
01-30-2009, 08:00 AM
gOOD stuff-
IS IT BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD TIME YET?? heheheeh...

I just came from the lake and worked things out for our gathering after the fishing.

We will be grouping up at the lagoon campground camping spots B34, B35, B36,
I have worked it out so we may park the boats across from that in the RV camp spots B17 thru B28.

These spots are all now reserved for Saturday for our BBQ and raffle (see map attached)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/striperbowllagooncampres-1.jpg

NoHo ART
01-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Boaters:

2. Migfrias and daughter
9. Shock
11. Pwynn & GdHkSet1
12. NoHo & Hitts
13. Bucket bay
14. Team TrollToon
16. Smalweld and Greg bouncing around in the jon boat ...Hang On!!!!!
18. DEADROOTS

Non Boaters:

3. Poxy Boggards (Wes) -- Looking for a ride-- anyone got some room? I'd be willing to contribute some gas money and bring food and drinks

karlow
01-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Current wind speed is 28MPH!

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Boaters:

2. Migfrias and daughter
9. Shock
11. Pwynn & GdHkSet1
12. NoHo & Hitts
13. Bucket bay
14. Team TrollToon
16. Smalweld and Greg bouncing around in the jon boat ...Hang On!!!!!
18. DEADROOTS

Non Boaters:

3. Poxy Boggards (Wes) -- Looking for a ride-- anyone got some room? I'd be willing to contribute some gas money and bring food and drinks

Hey Guys, any way the single boaters listed above could help the 3 non-boaters listed above....
I understand if you dont want to put 3 on your boat but how about having a guest join you ?
Just thinking out loud..

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-30-2009, 10:57 AM
This Trophy Lure is awesome…

Hott outa the KPN factory, it the ………………………

STRIPERBOWL TROPHY !

22” LONG………………………

4” THICK

REAL wooden lure hand crafted by Khanh…

#12/0 treble hooks (straight from Michigan !)

This Custom TROPHY now will pass hands to each years Striperbowl winner
(Heaviest Stringer/overall winner)

Put this one on your big bait rod and cast it….Yeah…buddy

What finer mantle decoration can you find..

NOW….get out there and win it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone

I'll remind you...this is not a standard lure...THIS SUCKA IS HUGE !

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/striperbowltrophykpn-1.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/striperbowltrophykpn-2.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/striperbowltrophykpn-3.jpg

Shock
01-30-2009, 11:15 AM
So heaviest stringer is the official winner?

I'm more prone to catching the dinks...lol

Seriously though, what If I let my teammate pull up all the fish?

Hitts0n
01-30-2009, 11:40 AM
The winds are looking ok for now.I will take a trip today to castaic to see whats the wind like,and the word on the action.Oh,and thanks steve.I think Gallions should join us in being sponsors.We'd bring them business and they can look out for us a few times a years also.Well,gallions always look out for me anyways.....lol:Secret:

Captain Castaic
01-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Well I live a mile from the lake and its BLOWING HARD right now. My trash cans were turned over...this sucks..they say it should die down at 2 pm...we'll see. I might end up just hitting the goon if I wake up and its blowing too hard...

C.C.

Shock
01-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Well I live a mile from the lake and its BLOWING HARD right now. My trash cans were turned over...this sucks..they say it should die down at 2 pm...we'll see. I might end up just hitting the goon if I wake up and its blowing too hard...

C.C.

Any way you will give us a 4:00am weather report?? lol

FISHSTIX
01-30-2009, 12:29 PM
I heard that the winds are supposed to be minimal for tomorrow, but who knows with these meterologists:Rolls Eyes:. whats with the plan with the Q?, whos bringin what? ill bring some chicken and h20.

Hitts0n
01-30-2009, 12:29 PM

I keep forgetting this is tomorrow ! I got to get the ammo ready today !

Captain Castaic
01-30-2009, 12:33 PM

4? Dam!!!! I wont be up til 5 but this link is spot on on the weather...

www.castaiclake.com Go to weather station

I just went to the store and I counted 12 trash cans on their side in about 25 houses...If it was now...I wouldnt even think about going...I sure hope it dies...

pwynn
01-30-2009, 01:16 PM
i just called the lake and they said gusts to 10 right now and Steve @ gallions said really no wind at all.. So it must be in pockets...

then i check the weather station that Capt just told us about and it looks like it has been between 10 and 25 all fricken day..........so who knowsss

Captain Castaic
01-30-2009, 01:44 PM
i just called the lake and they said gusts to 10 right now and Steve @ gallions said really no wind at all.. So it must be in pockets...

then i check the weather station that Capt just told us about and it looks like it has been between 10 and 25 all fricken day..........so who knowsss

Yea well I know its been at least 25 or more at times...lately it dies for like 20 minutes then come roaring back with a strong gust..then dies off slowly and repeats...all i know is when the wind is high at the lake the ramp SUCKS.

C.C.

Bucket bay
01-30-2009, 01:45 PM
We might want to make a food item list so we don’t all bring chicken canreasada and water.
Ill bring 5 lb chicken

kpn
01-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Yea well I know its been at least 25 or more at times...lately it dies for like 20 minutes then come roaring back with a strong gust..then dies off slowly and repeats...all i know is when the wind is high at the lake the ramp SUCKS.

C.C.

I make sure I turn off the switch (tha fan switch that is) before I go to bed tonight :ROFL:.
It'll be fine tomorrow guys.

KPN.

NoHo ART
01-30-2009, 01:53 PM
i'll bring burgers and buns

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I make sure I turn off the switch (tha fan switch that is) before I go to bed tonight :ROFL:.
It'll be fine tomorrow guys.

KPN.

Yes the predictions call for the wind to greatly diminish tomorrow.....and yes it is windy now, I am 10 minutes from the lake at work at the moment......lets all think possitive, this is not a new deal for castaic....we just gotta roll with the punches...the event will happen regardless of conditions, worst case the event moves as we did last year..

Unfortunately we cannot controll mother nature...

Things looks fair for tomorrow......lets all keep a possitive attitude...it'll happen ....lets make it happen by the power of possitive thinking...

Lets not ulcerate over it...it'll work out fine

Captain Castaic
01-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Yes the predictions call for the wind to greatly diminish tomorrow.....and yes it is windy now, I am 10 minutes from the lake at work at the moment......lets all think possitive, this is not a new deal for castaic....we just gotta roll with the punches...the event will happen regardless of conditions, worst case the event moves as we did last year..

Unfortunately we cannot controll mother nature...

Things looks fair for tomorrow......lets all keep a possitive attitude...it'll happen ....lets make it happen by the power of possitive thinking...

Lets not ulcerate over it...it'll work out fine

Well if you put it that way then no problem.....

smalweld
01-30-2009, 03:49 PM
^ Will bring plates and plastic ware, and some potato salad or mac salad or stuff like it :)

rcman51
01-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Heck yeah! My son his gal and me are in... see you all in line........:):)

Hey Gary, I like the "the event will happen regardless of conditions, worst case the event moves as we did last year" thats true fisherman talk there bud....see you all there.

Tight lines.......................Rcman51

P.S. I'll bring hotdogs and buns!

kpn
01-30-2009, 05:46 PM
This picture of the trophy I took with the 6" plug for size comparisons.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/IMG_2021.jpg

KPN.

Hitts0n
01-30-2009, 05:53 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/garynpanties.jpg

Hitts0n
01-30-2009, 05:54 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/pyramidownage-10.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/pyramidownage-11.jpg

Hitts0n
01-30-2009, 06:02 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/hittsntwentystripes.jpg

TroutOnly
01-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Sorry for the late post but we will have everyone come off the lake at 4 pack up there stuff and drive down to the campgrounds, anyone that cannot stay that long if they leave a prize for the raffle i will pull a prize for them and mail it to them,if you cant find me before the event and cant find any members staying take it ti the rental office atr the top of the ramp and tell scott what its for i will check with him before i leave the upper lake,and just right your name on something in you bag,,,bob

Hitts0n
01-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Lets just say that the lake isnt open for us boaters due to the wind,where are we going?:ROFL:

PYRAMID LAKE !!:Twisted:

Ray Lopez
01-30-2009, 06:35 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/garynpanties.jpg

hellz yes i am the stripa slaya

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-30-2009, 07:00 PM

hA HA HA HA HA

hitts !!!! PLEASE....DONT GET ME STARTED with da fish pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres what I'll bring for da BBQ !!!....this suckas live TOO !!!!!!!!!!!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/Deluxepossum.jpg

PhisHook
01-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Hey Guys, any way the single boaters listed above could help the 3 non-boaters listed above....
I understand if you dont want to put 3 on your boat but how about having a guest join you ?
Just thinking out loud..

GARY FOR PRESIDENT!!!:Beer Toast:

How will I know you all at the lake?

Where do you all plan on launching from the west or east side of the lake?

Hope to see some of you out their Good luck

Nathan

GeordyBass
01-30-2009, 08:13 PM
This picture of the trophy I took with the 6" plug for size comparisons.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/IMG_2021.jpg

KPN.Thanks Khanh!You can just give it to me now so there's no hassle with other people envying me....:Cool::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

GeordyBass
01-30-2009, 08:15 PM

if that ever happens,every female in the U.S will be pregnant....even one_leg...:Shocked:...lol...

PhisHook
01-30-2009, 08:16 PM
if that ever happens,every female in the U.S will be pregnant....even one_leg...:Shocked:...lol...

LOL!! :Shocked:

Shock
01-30-2009, 08:55 PM
phishook...we meet at the main ramp..

Bob...whatever time y'all decide to end it is fine, hopefully I will be able to stay the whole day....

I'm bringing 2 packs hot dogs and buns, also 2 bags of lays....

Hey kpn that's one sweet lookin trophy..I'll be glad to accept it tomorrow when all is said and done...LOL

Shock
01-30-2009, 08:55 PM
phishook...we meet at the main ramp..

Bob...whatever time y'all decide to end it is fine, hopefully I will be able to stay the whole day....

I'm bringing 2 packs hot dogs and buns, also 2 bags of lays....

Hey kpn that's one sweet lookin trophy..I'll be glad to accept it tomorrow when all is said and done...LOL

pwynn
01-30-2009, 09:00 PM

How will I know you all at the lake?

Where do you all plan on launching from the west or east side of the lake?

Hope to see some of you out their Good luck
bl
Nathan

i will be in a black and silver crestliner

smalweld
01-30-2009, 09:57 PM
I will be in a 11 foot white alweld jonboat, Going to try to talk my fishing buddy into leaving tonight. First in line and we won't be late that way :) If you see us in line say hi!! LOL if were not there were pestering T.O.!!!

Sean

PhisHook
01-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Thanks everyone se you all their :Fishing Hole:

Im all packed up (I hope) I am going to take a shower and hit the bed!! All I need to get in the am is ice and MONSTER!!!!!

I will be bringing a couple packs just in case :Twisted: so if any one wants one just hit me up tomorrow

See you all their

Nate

troutdog
01-31-2009, 04:01 AM
Hope you guys are all up....or your gonna miss the bite! :LOL:

Sure wish I could join you guys, but family matters have to be handled so I'll be rooting from the sidelines on this one. Best of luck, be safe, have fun and catch some fat stripers!

TD

bones
01-31-2009, 04:06 AM
Wellllll.....Looks like some important business came up and Scott and Fishyboy won't be making this one. They were my ride for the day.........It's 4am and I hope you guys slay them!
Be safe out there guys and tight lines to everyone!
I'm putting my money on Team Trolly since Chris and Terry seem to always pull off something incrediable.....LOL

I'm probably going to hop over the hill and try to stick my first Legal flattie instead today.

KILL KILL KILL SLAY SLAY SLAY

GdHkSet1
02-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Had the pleasure of fishing with Pwynn yesterday at the Striperbowl09-Thanks Pete. Wanted to thank you all for the invite to my first StriperBowl- Thanks TO, Gary and ALL who orchestrated the Event and Raffle.

Had a awesome time at Castaic(even though I got the skunk stripe tattooed on my back) meeting the FNN Crew at the ramp, bbq, and raffle, Gary Let Them Feel The Steel freaking ROCKS! Fishing new water and trying different fishing equipment I've never used before was well worth the long drive. Thanks Geordy Bass and Dad for taking the time out with the umbrella rig-up tips- I now know that I have crappy gear for trolling these contraptions!

Here some pics, I'm sure there will be more posted...... Look ahead forward to StriperBowl 2010!

The Trophy's:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/STRIPERBOWL09021.jpg

The Official Weigh In Master:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/STRIPERBOWL09009.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/STRIPERBOWL09010.jpg

BBQ,
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/STRIPERBOWL09005.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/STRIPERBOWL09004.jpg

Gary Pre-Drawing Jam Session:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/STRIPERBOWL09017.jpg

Raffle Festivities:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/STRIPERBOWL09014.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/STRIPERBOWL09019.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/STRIPERBOWL09022.jpg

Hey KPN, Where did you hide that cool KPN lure of yours???
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/STRIPERBOWL09023.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/STRIPERBOWL09024.jpg

Beautiful Art:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/STRIPERBOWL09008.jpg

Striperbowl Sunset taken from the lagoon side:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/STRIPERBOWL09016.jpg

rcman51
02-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Bob.....Thanks for putting on yet another great event, we had a great time of camaraderie out on the water and off. Thanks once again and look forward to our next annual STRIPERBOWL.

Gary, thanks for the guitar playing and songs, I couldn't stop laughing! had a great time.

Kewlwhip thanks for putting together all of the goodie bags and to all that contributed, they were great.

To all our members that attended it was great putting a face to the handle and finally meeting you all, looking forward to seeing you all on the water and future events.

What a great turnout!

Tightlines.......................................R cman51 - Manny

P.S. Im still LMAO at Gary's songs!

kewlwhip
02-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Hey Manny~ was a tough bite that day...too bad jr took off! :(
-glad you were able to come thru, nice to meet ya!
Gary took the cake with the music/guitar/cops and more!heheheheh..."you do know the rules of Castaic"- mr cop lol.. the cop was cool, just the neighbors didnt like some of our festivities due to some lil ones around- jeesh Fisherman always causing havoc! lol, jk...

STRIPERBOWL 3- and more!

thank yous and more here-
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=28938

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Hey Manny~ was a tough bite that day...too bad jr took off! :(
-glad you were able to come thru, nice to meet ya!
Gary took the cake with the music/guitar/cops and more!heheheheh..."you do know the rules of Castaic"- mr cop lol.. the cop was cool, just the neighbors didnt like some of our festivities due to some lil ones around- jeesh Fisherman always causing havoc! lol, jk...

STRIPERBOWL 3- and more!

thank yous and more here-
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=28938

What an event....I kinda tripped when the man rolled up but in true "steel fashion" I attacked the issue head on and got it handled....

I'm not sure I can wait another year for an event like this.....we need to get everyone together agin for some 'em.....lots of fun !
Gary

Cow Patty
02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Great event again this year.Early in the morning we were trolling in the fish arm area when one of our rods goes" bam bam" in 80' feet of water. It was Ray Lo's turn at the troll, But as soon as we all look at it, the rig brakes off.( 25 lbs mono) I am sure that it would have been the best fish of the day.Just remember guys, check your drag often, My mistake.( Sorry Ray Lo) Metered a lot of fish but they were ethier down deep, like 150' or 30' on points not wanting to bite.One leg and Ray Lo were great company. We tried everything we knew, from trolling rigs,using my down-rigger, and using crank baits. But Mr Stripy had better things to do. Hope all of you had a great time, I did. Thanks also to T. O. and Gary for the great time too.

Go Team 57, Cow Patty