PDA

View Full Version : lip ripperz tips?

lilmystery246
12-28-2008, 09:59 PM
hey i was thinking of trying lip ripperz out but i dont know whats type of lure to get i was thinking of trying lip ripperz trout worms but i dont know anything about jigging trout worms or how to get it on the hook. any help whould be nice thank you

bsp
12-28-2008, 10:11 PM
http://www.lipripperz.com/trout-fishing-tips-tricks.html

The orange and white worms have been the best for me. Reel in very slowly, twitch the rod tip occasionally, and set the hook if you feel like your snagged or if you get any tugs. Use 3lb line.

WARRIORMIKE
12-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Throw it on 2-4lb test Light Spinning gear. Have Fun!!!

kozaki
12-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Not an expert. Just my experience.
I've fished them several ways:
from shore- (how I usually work them for trout) mosquito hook to main line (I use 2lb.) with a tiny split shot anywhere from 12" to 24" up the main line from the hook. Thread the worm onto the hook. A little sauce never hurts, too! Cast out, allow to sink (some times to the bottom; sometimes just for a few seconds), pop or jig the rod toward you in small increments (reel in slack after every pop). When you feel dead weight, chances are you got a hit.
also from shore, I've used the drop shot setup. Similar retrieve. I like to fish the drop shot slower than the technique above however I feel I cover more water with the previous rig.
from boat- I've heard of people drifting them, jigging them with tiny lead heads (like crappie jigs), etc.
The nice thing about trout worms (or any artificial worm) is that they can be fished numerous ways and can catch many different species of fish. Of course, while you're out, try different techniques to "locate" the fish- sometimes a slow, subtle sink is better than a fast sinking, darting worm (and vice versa). Consider your conditions and think about what your rig is going to do in those conditions.
Hope this lends some help to you~my 2 cents.

old pudd fisher
12-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Glad you are back I missed your posts and still like that picture of the corn grinding lady. Sorry I can't help you with the lip ripperzs but would like to know also.Thanks if anyone can help us.

lilmystery246
12-28-2008, 10:29 PM
thanks everyone for helping but what i mostly want to know is how to rig it because i dont even know whats a split shot or anything like that ive never used worm lures :Confused:

samgann93
12-28-2008, 10:33 PM
check out the link above. its

lipripperz.com

they have pics that explain it. =]

Manny
12-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Check out the jiggin rig. Just use a small mosquito hook and a small b.b. split shot about 12 inches above the worm. I personally prefer the movement of power worms, they seem to have better action. Good luck.

http://www.takemefishing.org/fishing/fishopedia/bait-and-equipment/lures-and-rigs/rigs

yamafish
12-29-2008, 06:08 AM
Lilmystery246 - You should send a pm to Rooster (Rob). He is sponsored by Lip Ripperz (Bryan). I've sceen him catch a ton of fish on a dirty pumpkin lil' ripperz. I'm sure he would be more than happy to assist you though a pm..
He's knows how to fish them.. Almost as good as Matt :ROFL:Juts' playin Roost
Pointers: If you ever see Matt T on top of the 3 pipes at SARL.. take a moment to watch him jig these things.. It's a series of moves with the rod and feet.. It's like a dance..

From shore - Kozaki has this spot on. The rod has alot to do with it as well. You need a quality jig rod to modulate the tip.

rodger

lilmystery246
12-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Lilmystery246 - You should send a pm to Rooster (Rob). He is sponsored by Lip Ripperz (Bryan). I've sceen him catch a ton of fish on a dirty pumpkin lil' ripperz. I'm sure he would be more than happy to assist you though a pm..
He's knows how to fish them.. Almost as good as Matt :ROFL:Juts' playin Roost
Pointers: If you ever see Matt T on top of the 3 pipes at SARL.. take a moment to watch him jig these things.. It's a series of moves with the rod and feet.. It's like a dance..

From shore - Kozaki has this spot on. The rod has alot to do with it as well. You need a quality jig rod to modulate the tip.

rodger

thanks ill sure hit him up :Smile: