PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid AKA dam cold in them there hills

karlow
12-28-2008, 08:58 PM
It was cold and the wolf was on us like stink all day!
My guess is typically 15knts with 20-25 Knt gust.
The temp may have been in the 50's.
We did manage a few fish on the troll and a few on the bait and wait game.
Nothing big, or worth writing home about, just another skunk free trip with dinner included.
But, I mean thermos top and bottom ski pants, long tee, hoody, Binnie, gloves, and a coat sometimes. It was cold!!! We almost had two doubles (Joe's fish got off twice), I did get a double on the last hookup. I had no love on the bait and wait, but Joe was hooking them little guys.
I got both ends the largest, and smallest fish of the day. The larger fish were on the troll. FYI 155/35 was my target. I saw very few fish on the meter, and all of the fish had empty bellies.

KP, now I told ya.
So how did you guys do?

MarkyMark
12-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the report under tough conditions..the ramp is open now??

MM

TroutOnly
12-29-2008, 06:57 AM
WAY TO BRAVE THE COLD KARL,,,,NICE GETTING ACTION TOO,,,,,,t/o

JT FISHJUNKY
12-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Nice work Karl!! Look at the bright side, you didn't need to ice the fish down throughout the day! Still any sign of the Shad up there??
I just found out that I have the rest of the week off of work..

No PAY :Sad: Butt..............It's time for some fishing!!

Heading out to Laguna Niguel Lake for some Steelhead Trout tomorrow. I am taking my nephew so no float tubing. Thats ok I would be an ice cube in the float tube anyways. Kinda of expensive for trout fishing but usually pretty good catching.

Possibly DVL later in the week.

-JT

GeordyBass
12-29-2008, 02:24 PM
hey,good job on toughing out the conditions nonetheless...I had on 2 sweaters,1 pair of pants,and converse shoes...yeah my feet were cold!:Angry:

We got about 3 double hookups and only one fish was lost...not really a good day!:Evil:

fishingboysdad
12-29-2008, 03:12 PM
good job on beating the skunk. my son and i had no love at all from shore. not even a nibble

karlow
12-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Great, Joe was so cold he was shaking the whole boat!
It took him four tries to tie a knot. It's hard to do if you can't feel the line and can't half see it! Did you get the fish in that windy Fing canyon?
The ramp is wide open now! They can't stop us now!

KP