PDA

View Full Version : Victory 12/27

supasportkid
12-28-2008, 06:58 PM
the Southern Cal was cancelled today so i had time to jump on the Victory for a 3/4. the weather was freezing in the early morning but then got decent by about 9. we started out for the mixed bottom bag of lots of chilis, some dabs, reds, barbers, and a few rattlers. it was a decent spot for a while. we then moved to look for some quality groupers and reds, a few where brought up, but all the dines in the water attracted the dogs. we then moved to a shollow spot that started producing lots of whitefish, and small rockfish. after being there for about a half hour, we moved to try and land some goats. that was a quaility bite on the goats, reds, perch and nice sized whitefish! lots of goats where cuaght on shrimp and squid, only 25 goats where kept . i ended the day catching about 25 fish, 3 goats, 2 sculpin, 4 whitefish, 1 barber, and lots of chilis and reds. i gave most away, but kept 15 fish for some family. i really enjoyed fishing the Victory, the captain put us on the fish pretty good with all the current that we had. thanks for reading.

sorry for only 1 blurry pic!

FISHSTIX
12-28-2008, 07:27 PM
nice report, not bad for a plan B. Sounds like it was a good day overall with a decent bag of mixed fish.

JapanRon
12-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi supasportkid,

Nice job there buddy. Sounds like you were the hot stick for the day !! Guess the JP was not your this day !!

I'm going Thursday if the boat goes. Kind of a tradition.

later,

JapanRon