PDA

View Full Version : A beautiful Sunday @ DVL!!!

striper_hunter
12-28-2008, 05:52 PM
got out for another awesome day of fishing at DVL today and conditions couldn't have been better. temps in the mid 60's, almost no wind and completely glassy water from shore to shore. the morning started off strong in the north corner of the east dam. lots of boiling fish and plenty of hook-ups on Rat-L-Traps and little georges. mostly largemouth's, but we did manage one 5 pound Striper. early afternoon at the East Dam quarry produced some more nice largemouths in the 3 to 5 pound range. I have included a pic of the fish of the day. this beauty was right at 10 pounds and was a hard fighter! he sucked up a 4 1/2" Aarons magic 2 Robo Worm on a Texas rig. saw lots of others connecting with quality fish as well. we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day out on the jewel!! :Envious:

hughpam
12-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Nice! Is that your PB?

ddoskocil
12-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Awesome. I'm heading out with my Dad Wednesday on a rental. Looking for our first striper and our first DD LMB. Thanks for the nice report - great job!

richaaron
12-28-2008, 06:02 PM
10..? Hmmmm....

the spinning reel bandit
12-28-2008, 06:07 PM
wow! awsome day! congrats! were they boilin close to shore? did you see any shad?

striper_hunter
12-28-2008, 06:15 PM
yes, that is my biggest Bass so far.... DVL hold much bigger, but I'm really proud of that one.

there were a ton of shad all around the north cove by the east dam. I was tossing a fluke with no luck, but some guys from shore did produce a couple stripers on flukes. honestly, we had the best luck with Rat-L-Traps... silver with a black back. seemed to do the trick.

striper_hunter
12-28-2008, 06:17 PM
10..? Hmmmm....

I was careful to cover myself buy saying "right at 10 pounds.." give or take a few ounces... :Wink:

GuiltyByAssociation
12-28-2008, 11:13 PM
are you kidding me do you weigh 300 and 7ft tall... Nice fish...

kaneo
12-29-2008, 06:54 AM
I was careful to cover myself buy saying "right at 10 pounds.." give or take a few ounces... :Wink:

give or take a FEW POUNDS...

seal
12-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Big ole bass! For most it would be a PB.

And as usual the peanut gallery adds there 2 cents. Does it really help you guys to question others reports?

striper_hunter
12-29-2008, 08:46 AM
give or take a FEW POUNDS...

wow.... I guess I better buy a scale. I based the weight off how heavy my Gibson Les Paul is. my Les Paul is 9.0 pounds and this fish felt a bit heavier. now, this isn't exactly a "scientific" means of weighing something, but I have played that LP so long that that weight is pretty ingrained in my sunconscious.... or maybe I'm just wishful thinking. perhaps a recension is in order.... let's see if this is better.

"I have posted a pic of my fish of the day. this beauty weighed in around the same weight as a 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard with a Honeyburt finish."

I have included a picture of the Les Paul in question for verification purposes... :Cool:

that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! tight lines to you all!!

snag
12-29-2008, 09:06 AM
You didn't mention what type of pick ups and strings, flatwound or roundwound. That could make a big difference in weight guesstimations, LOL.

Really Nice Fish you got there!

DKCbassman
12-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Don't trip, I have seen you guys out there lately, who cares what the others say. You know what's going on at DVL. Besides, some of these members are just yankin your chain.

JENSEN500
12-29-2008, 09:13 AM
:) :) :) :)

one_leg
12-29-2008, 09:31 AM
How many chords do you know? I hope it is more than 10. :Big Grin:

Nice looking fish, despite its less than 10 lb. appearance.

7 lbs. 11 oz. would be my guess.

That is a monster fish for some people. You are deserve to be proud of catching that beauty.

Guides take people fishing there all the time and catch fish only half that size.

striper_hunter
12-29-2008, 10:06 AM
You didn't mention what type of pick ups and strings, flatwound or roundwound. That could make a big difference in weight guesstimations, LOL.

Really Nice Fish you got there!

it has the original 490R in the neck position, and a 498T in the bridge... the strings are D'addario XL110 10-46's which of coarse are roundwound. I have made no modifications to it and I can't think of any way it could have lost weight.... :LOL:

striper_hunter
12-29-2008, 10:16 AM
How many chords do you know? I hope it is more than 10. :Big Grin:

That is a monster fish for some people. You are deserve to be proud of catching that beauty.

Guides take people fishing there all the time and catch fish only half that size.

nope, I know G, C and D....... are you saying there are more????? I've heard of these chords called "minor" chords, but I thought those were just some obscure "Jazz" chords. guess I better get the Mel Bay books back out...

Ok, so I caught a "big bass" on Sunday.... "big bass" is pretty vague and based solely on opinion. and my opinion is that my bass is bigger than YOUR bass!

MAVERICK27
12-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Great fish, nice attitude dispite all the stabs :) Sounds like a fun day!

matt duarte
12-30-2008, 10:09 AM
nice dude! im always there tossin big baits! maybe i should start tossin t rigs hahah! nice fish bro! its a monster

Big Country
12-30-2008, 04:36 PM
In this world of liars (aka the FNN message boards), if it ain't on a digital, then everyone will call bs regardless of what you, the guy who actually caught the fish, thinks it is.

In the end...who give a flying F??? If you say it was close to 10 then so be it. Don't waste your thoughts on the insane amount of bitches that shoot everyone down on these boards because I'm sure that a lot of them are experts and have caught enough 10 lbs. bass in each of their lifetimes to render an expert decision on your fish.

The fish looks great, I'm sure the fight was great and I congratulate you!

striper_hunter
12-30-2008, 05:11 PM
In this world of liars (aka the FNN message boards), if it ain't on a digital, then everyone will call bs regardless of what you, the guy who actually caught the fish, thinks it is.

In the end...who give a flying F??? If you say it was close to 10 then so be it. Don't waste your thoughts on the insane amount of bitches that shoot everyone down on these boards because I'm sure that a lot of them are experts and have caught enough 10 lbs. bass in each of their lifetimes to render an expert decision on your fish.

thanks BC! I appreciate your thoughts on the matter... and I agree on all points.

Wingnut
12-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Nice fish! Now go out there and catch yourself a few more. :Wink: :Cool: :Big Grin:

striper_hunter
12-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Nice fish! Now go out there and catch yourself a few more. :Wink: :Cool: :Big Grin:

well, that's the plan on Friday.... maybe this time I'll catch a 12 pounder!!!

JENSEN500
12-30-2008, 06:12 PM

class act len :) see ya in havasu!!!

fishindude420
01-05-2009, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=one_leg;286893][CENTER]How many chords do you know? I hope it is more than 10. :Big Grin:

how do you know what a 7 lb 11 oz bass looks like? u havent caught a bass over 3 pounds!

Congrats on the TOAD man! that things a beast.

RamboBoy
01-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Striper Hunter,

Were you on the boat or shore? I was fishing with SoCalGuy7 and Dodoman and Dodo's nephew last Sunday.

I caught a LMB in East Dam and used the rattle Trap shad lure. I bet you have fun fishing LMB and as I do.

We were hunting for striper on that day in DVL, and striper went to deep in every where. I bet in March 2009 I will catch BIGGEST STRIPER, my goal is 36lb striper.

By the way, nice fishing report!

HuskerRod
01-06-2009, 07:04 PM
well, that's the plan on Friday.... maybe this time I'll catch a 12 pounder!!!

You better catch a 15-pounder just to cover yourself. You can then say it is a 10-pounder. Awesome catch!!!!! That is a beauty!!!

huskerrod

striper_hunter
01-07-2009, 02:05 AM
You better catch a 15-pounder just to cover yourself. You can then say it is a 10-pounder. Awesome catch!!!!! That is a beauty!!!

huskerrod

I think I'm just going to say everything I catch is 10 lbs from now on.... good round number. even stocker trout are gonna be 10 lbs when I get them in the boat! thanks for all the fun that's been had completely running this topic into the ground, everyone! lol.... it's all in good fun. "I fish, therefor I lie!"

richaaron
01-07-2009, 06:51 AM
10..? Hmmmm....

Don't I get a special thanks for starting all of this...? Lol...

striper_hunter
01-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Don't I get a special thanks for starting all of this...? Lol...

how could I have been so rude?? special thanks to Richaaron for all the fun we've had!!!!!! next time I'll hold the fish closer to the camera.... :LOL: