PDA

View Full Version : HB Central-12/27

GUNFISH
12-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Quick report. I fished Huntington Central from 11:00 to 1:30pm. Nice sunny day, water is up a couple of feet, but very murky. Maybe 6" visibility. I rigged up two rods with chartruese powerbait, 6" 2lb. test and sliding sinker. I used short leaders to keep my bait closer to the bottom.
I hooked my first trout as soon as the bait hit the bottom, got it in and it was about a 10" rainbow trout. I got a couple of other bites that didn't stick, and finally caught my second fish at about 1:00. It was another trout about 12". No other bites after that, so I called it a day at 1:30.
Tried again Sunday morning for about an hour, hooked one that jumped and got off.
Both fish caught on Saturday were released.
Sorry, no pictures.
Does anyone know when they stock this lake again?

HBJapo
12-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Quick report. I fished Huntington Central from 11:00 to 1:30pm. Nice sunny day, water is up a couple of feet, but very murky. Maybe 6" visibility. I rigged up two rods with chartruese powerbait, 6" 2lb. test and sliding sinker. I used short leaders to keep my bait closer to the bottom.
I hooked my first trout as soon as the bait hit the bottom, got it in and it was about a 10" rainbow trout. I got a couple of other bites that didn't stick, and finally caught my second fish at about 1:00. It was another trout about 12". No other bites after that, so I called it a day at 1:30.
Tried again Sunday morning for about an hour, hooked one that jumped and got off.
Both fish caught on Saturday were released.
Sorry, no pictures.
Does anyone know when they stock this lake again?

Excellent work GUNFISH! It seems like the next plant might be next week and they usually plant on Thursdays.

Japo :Envious:

Troutman65
01-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Nice going GUNFISH. Thanks for the report