PDA

View Full Version : Big Freaking Skunk 12/28/08

EastCoaster
12-28-2008, 03:59 PM
My father in law and I rented a pontoon and headed out first thing. Only for a big fat SKUNK!!!!!!! We saw some nice size bass on the off to the right of the marina, but had nothing else all day. I lost/broke off my back hook on my lunker punker, got a jib hook stuck in my hand, and then to top off the day, i dropped my brand new Shimano Citica 200 reel(it was on a rod) in the water(i droped it when i got the jig stuck in my hand) I almost(was on the edge) jumped in the water after it. I would take the getting kicked out of DVL to save that reel..... Bad and frustrating day. This is about my 4th trip with the skunk at DVL, and Im about ready to give up on it..

SoCalGuy7
12-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Man, brutal day too bad!:Neutral:

THROWBACK RANGER
12-28-2008, 04:16 PM
how did you lose the hook on your punker??

fishntime
12-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Wow. Sorry to hear about the very bad day at the Jewel. As a fisherman with days of skunkage, I to can atest to the fact of wanting to give up. But, once you learn the lay of the lake and how to catchem, you will be very satisfied.

EastCoaster
12-28-2008, 07:51 PM
I over casted in a cove and it hit some rocks. It didnt mess up the punker at all, but it did break that back hook off.. I didnt relize that the hook and feathers were all one till I went to replace the hook... It doesnt matter does it??

campbell
12-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Skunked it myself on Friday with Art B. I was floored when he accepted our tip$, but thats fishing!

THROWBACK RANGER
12-28-2008, 09:54 PM
skunked it myself on friday with art b. I was floored when he accepted out tip$. But thats fishing!

out tips? Explain!!

snag
12-29-2008, 06:33 AM
Sorry to hear.

It's days like this that make the good ones much more enjoyable.

I accidentally cut the feathers off my Punker when I brought it back in with a mess of weeds hanging from it. Bought new feathers (Red) tied them on, coated the wrap in flex coat and it works great. All the fish I've caught on the thing have fallen to the red tail feather.

Better luck to you next time.

BassEngineer
12-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Skunked it myself on Friday with Art B. I was floored when he accepted our tip$, but thats fishing!

You were out all day with Art B and got skunked? Ouch!

LateFisher
12-30-2008, 01:55 PM
If you were floored when art accepted your tip, then why did you offer it :???: Art worked very hard for us and i was more than happy to tip him even though i got the big skunk too !!!!