PDA

View Full Version : UFC 92 thoughts

KaliDawgFan
12-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Wow, that was one of the best cards I've seen the UFC put together yet! There was plenty of action in every bout they showed.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that Forrest Griffin lost, but I'd also be lying if I said that I had a feeling Rashad wouldn't win. Forrest looked really good in the first two rounds, but he was becoming typical with those leg kicks. All it took was for Rashad to catch one to take the fight to the ground and finish it. I wonder who will be fighting Evans next...Rampage maybe?

Quinton looked really good against Wandy. That new training camp of his did wonders for him. I like Page, but I was kind of hoping Silva would win that one. Again, I had a feeling Rampage would have a better shot in the octagon with his wrestling. I really didn't expect him to win it standing though. I figured he'd get a takedown, walk Silva over to the cage and GnP him. I read somewhere that Thiago Silva and Lyoto Machida will be fighting soon for the #1 contendorship.

The biggest shock though was Frank Mir TKOing Nogueira. Who the hell saw that coming? Frank is only known for his submissions. He isn't known for his standup or his gas tank, and you figured he wouldn't have a prayer submitting Nog. I mean, Nog trains with the Cuban olympic boxing team! The way I saw that match going was Nogueira toying with Mir until a later round and then TKOing Frank when his gas tank emptied. Frank was putting together some good combinations, although they looked somewhat sloppy at times. Nog had no answer for Frank's right uppercut.

Only three more weeks until the next UFC! Rich Frankling vs Dan Henderson in the main event! Shogun is making his return against Mark Coleman. Denis Kang is making his debut against an exciting striker in Alan Belcher. Two jiu-jitsu wizards are facing off, Jeremy Horn and Rousimar Palhares. That looks like a great card also. Then the next week I'm going to Affliction!

ThemBastards
12-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Mir looked excellent, I didn't think he had a shot to beat Nogiera.Looking forward to the silva machida fight, they were supposed to fight already but I think Silva had an injury so they have had to re-schedule. I'm glad to see Shogun is coming back.

Watching Rashad dance during the fight last night, just gave me a feeling that at any second he could knock Forrest out, Sugar is sick.

KaliDawgFan
12-28-2008, 02:07 PM
I dont think Rashad could beat Page, Machida or T. Silva though. He's too undersized next to them.

candyman
12-28-2008, 02:38 PM
I dont think Rashad could beat Page, Machida or T. Silva though. He's too undersized next to them.

Personally IMO Rashad has proven that he can knock out people bigger than him for instance the iceman....rashad is young and he still has a lot of time to improve but he has already accomplished so much since ultimate fighter.

KaliDawgFan
12-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Oh, Rashad has proven a lot, but Chuck was on the way down and Griffin isn't exactly a LHW elite. Both Machida and Thiago Silva are undefeated as well. Stylisticly, I think both are a very bad matchup for Evans.

Bird dog
01-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Good card for sure.I think Forrest would have been smarter to keep his kicks low line instead of throwing so many headhigh.One thing you gotta love about Vanderlai is he's coming at his opponent.Makes for great action.Who's up now Rampage vs. Rashad?

BassEngineer
01-02-2009, 02:41 PM
UFC 92 was a good card...but I think UFC 91 was better. They had some real good fights and more fights than 92 did.

Sux Forrest lost...I don't like Rasheed Evans. Too cocky in the ring.

I am very happy Mir won. I hope he submits Brock again.

Vanderlei Silva got hit so hard, it knocked his wife out.

JSAUCE818
01-04-2009, 07:26 AM
GREAT FIGHT CARD...RAMPAGE BOXING KEEPS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER...

KONGOS FIGHT WAS DISGUSTING, I CAN HEAR THE HITS SMACKING HIS FACE, IM SURPRISED THEY DIDNT STOP THE FIGHT SOONER.

I BELIEVE THAT RAMPAGE WILL TAKE OUT RASHAD. AS FOR MACHITA, EHHH...IM PROBABLY GONNA GET BASHED ON FOR SAYING THIS:Embarrassed: BUT.,..HES A GREAT TECHNICAL FIGHTER AND ALL BUT HE REMINDS ME OF THE UFC VERSION OF MAYWEATHER, HE RUNS SO DAMN MUCH...LOL...BUT HEY, HES UNDEFEATED:Envious: