PDA

View Full Version : Punking the skunk 1 last time for 2008- Hemet Lake 12/28

newbefisher
12-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Well what started as a bad day, ended up turning around. Headed out to Hemet Lake this morning and stopped by Circle K on my way to get some snacks. The clerk told me that a couple other people just stopped by and was on there way to do some fishing as well. Then I started thinking, I hope my spot isn't taken. Got to the lake and guess what? I was about 2 minutes late, my spot was taken. :mad: So, I drove to the last parking spot to get another good spot for me just to see another person getting ready to to head down. :Shocked: In my rush to get to my 2nd spot, I knocked over my hot coco and tripped and fell. :Evil: Not a good way to start the day. After 2 hours of no bites while watching the guys in my spot land a few fish and the guy to my right land a few fish, I decided to try one last spot. First cast out, bam! fish on. :Dancing Banana: Skunk gone, bad feelings gone too. Landed two more fish in the next 30 minutes and called it a day at 10am. I ended up giving my fish to the family that took my 2nd spot.

Temp when I got there:
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii299/newbefisher/SSPX0162.jpg

Where I was fishing looking towards where I wanted to fish:
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii299/newbefisher/SSPX0163.jpg

My catch:
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii299/newbefisher/SSPX0164.jpg

Two fish were caught on inflated night crawlers, 1 on salmon egg power bait. Don't know the water temp, but I'm guessing cold. There was no wind when I left. Hopefully I can keep the skunk off when I hit Skinner with AmpMan on 01/02/09 to start my new year off right.

bstolton
12-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey Newbe

Love lake hemet, because its so kick back. I always park at the last lot and hike down by some boulders,thats been my best spot but alot of times its taken. Then I usely head towards the dam which can be good or bad,but if its windy at least you can catch a break and relax. I`ve heard that the 2nd lot is a hot spot, but I`ve never tried it. I always have my dog so I try to keep some distance from the crowd. Looks like from your photo that the snow has melted by the lake. Hope to get up there soon. Congrats on the no skunk.

Bill

newbefisher
12-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Hey Newbe

Love lake hemet, because its so kick back. I always park at the last lot and hike down by some boulders,thats been my best spot but alot of times its taken. Then I usely head towards the dam which can be good or bad,but if its windy at least you can catch a break and relax. I`ve heard that the 2nd lot is a hot spot, but I`ve never tried it. I always have my dog so I try to keep some distance from the crowd. Looks like from your photo that the snow has melted by the lake. Hope to get up there soon. Congrats on the no skunk.

Bill

I started fishing from the first set of boulders (where I generally catch something) but moved to the end where I found a hole earlier this year. I've never tried hiking towards the dam, didn't know you could do that. But the last couple of times I've been to the lake, I was on time constraints so I couldn't hike too far.