PDA

View Full Version : Catfish'n DVL 12-27-08

PONTOON
12-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Trolly and I finally got to get back to what we like doing most so we decided to make another run to DVL. The day started off with us meeting at our usual meeting spot and headed straight for Farmers Boys for some breakfast. When we got there we noticed the temperature reading in my truck wasn't reading a temperature......it just said ICE. After breakfast we headed up to the lake where we were greeted by some very good people at the lake. The DVL staff is always efficient and friendly. Thanks to you all!
We also crossed paths with Hiro, Feel the Steel and the gentleman who makes the KPN lures I hope I got that right and I'm sorry I'm terrible with names. Trolly had a sack of bait for the guys but through a little miscommunication it was left on the dock. I'll have to take the blame for that one but it all worked out good.
The first of our go to spots didn't produce any fish so it was off to another area that has produced for us in the past. On the way we hooked up with Hiros boat and anchored down.
It wasn't long before Trolly showed us all who would have the hot stick for the day by landing a nice channel and then another. Trolly was able to boat six fish the biggest being 13 and 11 pounds. I was able to get three the biggest at 11 and 10 pounds. Hiro, Gary and KPN had a slow start but made up for it big time with some very nice fish of their own.
It may have been a cold day but the fishing and comaraderie was second to none.
Here's the only pic I have for the day......Team Trolltoon with a few fish for the table.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/081227-DVL/100_3039.jpg

troutdog
12-28-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm starting to actually feel sorry for the poor kittys at DVL :LOL: Congrats on another day of slaying the catfish....a very happy New Year to TeamTrolltoon!

TD

GdHkSet1
12-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Way to go Team Trolltoon, you guys have gotten some nice quality cats out of DV this year, 09 is going to be awesome for you. Have a happy new year.

diamondbear
12-28-2008, 03:36 PM
More BIG CATS , Thats great Chris and Terry . You two are showing us how its done with a true adventure at heart .

olfishergal
12-28-2008, 03:52 PM
nice job guys, i sure could use one of two of those fried up.....congrats, and happy new year..OFG

Kareem Korn
12-28-2008, 04:48 PM
That's some good eats there. I wouldn't mind a day like that.

PONTOON
12-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Thank for the replies and I'm wishing all of you a Healthy and Happy New Year.
Trolly and I have been pretty lucky this winter with the DVL kitties. I'm hoping we can keep it going for a while. My Dad and I just finished a very fine catfish dinner. Man was that good.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

Granny Fish
12-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Congratulations on the nice DVL catfish. Go team TrollToon!

TroutOnly
12-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Way to slay boys,the katkillers back at what they do best,,,terry did trolly get the #1 back again,,,lol,,,great looking fish,,,,

bluehunter
12-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Great day on the water. Any leftovers from the dinner? LOL.

PONTOON
12-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks Granny!

T.O. Trolly took me to school yesterday. Netman school. LOL

Brian, once me and my Dad got done there was just enough left for lunch tomorrow. LOL

trollmiester
12-28-2008, 07:40 PM
thanx terry for another good trip.I loved showing off those fish to the dfg, i had him laughing.Happy new year everybody and thanx for the good words.It was 29 degrees when we boarded the rental.also saw two coyotes out there prowling around.Great staff we were treated like royalty.Man those fish bend the rods well and put up a great fight.when it warmed up[ to 47 it felt real warm.lol stoped and got some choclate ice cream on the weigh home.

BingJr
12-28-2008, 08:10 PM
I hear that we are all going to have to purchase Catfish stamps for 2009 due to all lakes needing restockings due to Team Trolltoon depleting the population.

Way to Slay!

Santa Fe Eric
12-28-2008, 08:30 PM
D:OMG!:ANG!

Legends of DVL?

one_leg
12-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey you guys, nice Holdover Whiskerfish!!!

crappiemike
12-28-2008, 09:54 PM
you guys got them dialed in, way to go!

weather is killer right now, king harbor is stacked with your speical bait!!!

cm

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-29-2008, 09:41 AM
thanx terry for another good trip.I loved showing off those fish to the dfg, i had him laughing.Happy new year everybody and thanx for the good words.It was 29 degrees when we boarded the rental.also saw two coyotes out there prowling around.Great staff we were treated like royalty.Man those fish bend the rods well and put up a great fight.when it warmed up[ to 47 it felt real warm.lol stoped and got some choclate ice cream on the weigh home.

Nice post guys, it was again a blast fishing with you guys, we all had the time of our lives, you guys put a clinic on and were putting the steel to them toads pretty consistently....

All the catfish you guys caught were some real pigs.

Thanks again for the bait, we would have went back for the bag but time is so limited at this lake you don't want to waste any going back and forth...

Such a great time was had by all of us joking and messing about (not for the timid minded though !)

Congrats to you guys, we too had fun showing off to the DFG, I think they wqere genuinely impressed !

It was crackup a when you caught that kitty on the mack head and then another on the same head..

I for one owe you guys for all your hospitality, I'll have to think of some way to pay you both back as I always say "what comes around goes around !"

Plus: I have xmas gifts for all of you guys (Chris, Terry, Bob, Khahn, Hiro)...

In my haste (at 3:30 am) I left the house and forgot them....dohhhh!

Another great day another great slay....salute to you guys !

Gary

Wingnut
12-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Excellent catch gentlemen! It was nice getting a call from the two Legends on your drive home from the lake for a private fish report. :Wink: :Cool:
May the New Year brings Team TrollToon many more fabulous catches!!! :Big Grin:

Terry, give me call when you get a chance...

Fisherman57
12-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Awesome job Terry & Chris!
I can't wait to get out there someday with you guys.....

TEAM TROLLTOON ROCKS!

Hope to see you guys soon!......... and thank you for the TEAM 57 rep!

Dana

2quikmotorwerks
12-29-2008, 11:12 AM
great job out there guys guys, i need to get out there my self for some kittys i only live 20 mins from dvl ud think id fish it more oh well as always u guys have done a fantastic job

kewlwhip
12-29-2008, 02:03 PM
way to go guys!!! I see big kitties coming to your lines....

OMAR what the heck..you live that close?!

FA is ghey... :D

GeordyBass
12-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Good Job Team TrollToon!!

you guys keep on slayin while looking like twins!lol...

Good job guys!:Twisted:

SoCalGuy7
12-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Catkillahs!

You guys have the cats dialed in at DVL!

kpn
12-30-2008, 10:17 AM
I got a catfish school by you two out there. Thanks for the baits & help Chris and Terry. We were having too much fun out there.

Khanh aka KPN.

LateFisher
12-30-2008, 01:05 PM
HERES TO THE CAT KINGS :Beer Toast: I HOPE TO FISH WITH YOU GUYS SOMETIME !!!!!

PONTOON
12-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks again for the replies everyone!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

There's never a dull moment on the water with my Bud Trolly and Friends.

muskyman
12-31-2008, 06:55 AM
So just how big are those cats in there dude ? Nice job Terry. You and chris have it down.

Mondo21
12-31-2008, 05:21 PM
Nice catch Guys! Cindy:Big Grin: