PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting wet! (first timer)

kozaki
12-27-2008, 06:03 PM
For Christmas, I bought a pair of waders for myself (Hodgman Stream King with neoprene socks) and a pair of wader boots (Redhead). Went to the surf to try out and ended up with water logged socks (cotton socks/both feet). Both products are new. I thought I had everything on correctly (wader boots were on as tight as could get them). Also, why would water leak through both neoprene socks?
Again, this is my first time . . . be gentle. :LOL:

Aside from the wetness, I'm loving waders! I was surprised with how warm I stayed despite the moisture coming in. For the short time I was out (depsite the large volume of salad) I managed a smelt on the Kroc and a nice perch on the yo-zuri and a lot of people wondering what i was doing out there in the surf. I'm going back out tomorrow morning to try out the waders again.

bsp
12-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Neoprene is not completely waterproof, so that's why you got wet.

JP
12-27-2008, 07:32 PM
You should not have this problem. I've fished twice in my Stream Kings without issue. Sounds like the booties on the waders leaked. Take them back and get them replaced.

LBSea
12-27-2008, 08:23 PM
You have a leak for sure! Imagine how warm you would have felt minus the wet toes. Well that' how it is suppost to be so take those waders back pronto and get another pair. Knock on wood my Hodgmans have yet to leak after two years of mostly Salt Water abuse.

Tight Lines,
Doug

kozaki
12-27-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm thinking it's the wader as well. From what I understand, the neoprene should be water proof. Perhaps there's a flaw in the seam somewhere. Even if there was something wrong with the boot, my feet should still be dry. I'm shooting for a return.

Wingnut
12-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Sounds like a defect... get it exchanged. Nice job on your first trip out in the surf. Keep at it, you will catch something worthwhile very soon. Good luck tomorrow, I'm going to try to ditch some responsibilities and get out there myself. :LOL:

sesgia
01-14-2009, 12:33 PM
just go water in the with short and Sandals and have an extra short in your car:Wink: