PDA

View Full Version : HB Central report...

a biley
12-27-2008, 03:30 PM
After some miscommunication and some unprofessionalism at work, I ended up having to show up at 630am for someones shift, rather than my shift at 1100am, but that was actually a good thing because I would end up getting to hit up the lake mid day! I decided to choose what else! HB Central!

got there around 12:30 with the arsenal in my trunk
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/k1ddyn4mite/HB1.jpg

I went with the bass baitcasting gear:

Shimano Crucial/Rick Clunn reel texas rigged with a Yamamoto kreature

BPS Bionic Blade/Daiwa Tierra reel rigged D/S Robo Black Grape

Can't really compare the lake to how it was because it's been nearly a year since i've been there. so here's some pictures of the lake

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/k1ddyn4mite/HB2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/k1ddyn4mite/HB3.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/k1ddyn4mite/HB4.jpg

What I did notice different are the tullies, more of them. I decided to concentrate at least 30 minutes at each of the tullies for nothing. I actually had a nibble at the tullies near the island (didn't actually see the island, submerged now???) saw my line move, either I missed the hookset or it was a short bite. anyways long story short... :Skunk:

good thing about going to HB Central though is that on the way home, I can stop by here!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/k1ddyn4mite/HB6.jpg

Voted best ice cream in the OC. I went with the chocolate hazelnut this time!

smokinflies
12-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Looks like a great little lake to fish. It sucks to hear that you got skunked, but a bad day fishing beats no fishing at all.

HBJapo
12-29-2008, 11:38 AM
What I did notice different are the tullies, more of them. I decided to concentrate at least 30 minutes at each of the tullies for nothing. I actually had a nibble at the tullies near the island (didn't actually see the island, submerged now???) saw my line move, either I missed the hookset or it was a short bite. anyways long story short... :Skunk:

good thing about going to HB Central though is that on the way home, I can stop by here!

a biley,

Sorry to hear about the skunk, don't give up! The small island is submerged, thank goodness. I am likely going today, I will report back tomorrow.

Japo :Envious:

Ifishtoolittle
12-29-2008, 05:38 PM
At least time was spent on the water, thanks for the report. Also what ware tullies?

old pudd fisher
12-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Nice fishing apparatus you have with you,all my stuff is over 30 years old just can't stop fishing with the old stuff. Sorry about the skunker thier but a good try for you. Hope to see ya at the pudd some day. I like the sail boat cove for bass.

a biley
12-29-2008, 10:21 PM
a biley,

Sorry to hear about the skunk, don't give up! The small island is submerged, thank goodness. I am likely going today, I will report back tomorrow.

Let me know how you did! I might return there sometime this week

Nice fishing apparatus you have with you,all my stuff is over 30 years old just can't stop fishing with the old stuff. Sorry about the skunker thier but a good try for you. Hope to see ya at the pudd some day. I like the sail boat cove for bass.

I might be there tomorrow at the pudd, if I do, look for the backpack from the picture, thats all I carry now when I go bass fishing along with the 3rd grip holster. no more tackle box that I only use 20% of. All worms for me in the bag

HBJapo
12-30-2008, 08:41 AM
At least time was spent on the water, thanks for the report. Also what ware tullies?

Ifishtoolittle,

Tullies are reeds.

Troutman65
12-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Too bad about the skunk. That happens sometimes. Thanks for the update. The lake looks like its came up with all the rain we had. We sure need more rain.

HBJapo
12-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Too bad about the skunk. That happens sometimes. Thanks for the update. The lake looks like its came up with all the rain we had. We sure need more rain.

Amen to that TM65. I went yesterday, but it wasn't at an optimum time (2 - 4:15 pm), so I also pulled the :Skunk:, but I shall return tomorrow afternoon, targeting some different fish. I only threw PB yesterday and a Blue Fox.

Tight lines,

a biley
12-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Amen to that TM65. I went yesterday, but it wasn't at an optimum time (2 - 4:15 pm), so I also pulled the :Skunk:, but I shall return tomorrow afternoon, targeting some different fish. I only threw PB yesterday and a Blue Fox.

Tight lines,

You down for Saturday, I don't work Saturday and if I don't end up going to Disneyland, I want to bass fish there, will be short a baitcast setup since it broke today, I have my spinning bass setup for backup though... but that means I'll need the new license! argh more money. I'll let you know

JP
01-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Znows has killer ice cream.

HBJapo
01-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Went out New Years Eve. I couldn't believe it, it was cold as ice. The fog was heavy and it was the afternoon! I only stayed 1 hour for nada. It was too cold to even change set ups, so I split. I will be back out tomorrow, perhaps. Some friends went out yesterday and caught 1 fish they could not identify, but there is life in HB Central, which is a positive.

TShaffer
01-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Went out New Years Eve. I couldn't believe it, it was cold as ice. The fog was heavy and it was the afternoon! I only stayed 1 hour for nada. It was too cold to even change set ups, so I split. I will be back out tomorrow, perhaps. Some friends went out yesterday and caught 1 fish they could not identify, but there is life in HB Central, which is a positive.

Oh no, SNAKEHEAD! :ROFL:jk

Troutman65
01-05-2009, 01:43 AM

Thanks for the update Joe.:Big Grin::Wink: