PDA

View Full Version : COLD day at the Vine (12-26-08)

KaliDawgFan
12-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Bullets and I arrived at the front gates about 15 minutes before letting everyone into the bait shop. We saw 2quik and chatted with him and his buddy Fred for a little while. Man, I can't believe how cold it was! When they opened the gates we found a spot next to 2quik and threw out. The trout were definately there. I hooked up pretty quickly on a smaller stocker that hit an inflated N/C. From then on the N/C got no love. Garlic PB and powermouse were the hot ticket of the day. At first the trout liked the chartreuse worm. Then they would stop hitting that and start hitting the pink worm. Orange and white were also hot colors for the day. We saw quite a few FNN members. Timster showed as did Troutaholic I believe. Tater, Lucky and Rocky showed up a tad later as did troutdog. Trollmeister made an appearance as well. Next time bring some hooks! the shoreline was pretty crowded, but from what I could see the fishing was good. It slowed down a little around noon but picked up again later.

To give you an idea as to how cold it was I went to net one of Bullets' fish, picked up the net and couldn't. It was frozen in the position that it was in while lying on the floor. I had to shake and kick it out before netting the trout.

I ended the day with 4 trout landed and a few farmed. Bullets had 4 or 5. I can't remember. Tater and Lucky sadly got the skunk. Most of the trout I saw were in the 1 to 3 pound range. Again, the powermouse was the hot ticket. Lures got no love.

bullets_full
12-27-2008, 02:34 PM
It wasn't that cold you sissy:ROFL:

crappiemike
12-27-2008, 02:39 PM
way to stick it out! this is some good trout fishing weather!!! LOL.

CM

Troutman65
12-27-2008, 10:16 PM
When its cold like this outside , its TROUT FISHING WEATHER :!!!:

troutdog
12-27-2008, 10:23 PM
It wasn't that cold you sissy:ROFL:

That coming from the guy who was one stop at the liquor strore from being on America's Most Wanted :ROFL:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/VineDec20-2126097.jpg

Nice fishing with TeamBTK and the rest of the Team57 crew!

TD

MAN VS WILD
12-28-2008, 02:22 AM
Looks like you guys had a great time out there plus caught some fish. I should of went with Troutdog to the Vine instead of going to SARL. Thanks for the report

FISH ON!!!

bullets_full
12-28-2008, 09:06 AM
that coming from the guy who was one stop at the liquor strore from being on america's most wanted :rofl:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/vinedec20-2126097.jpg

nice fishing with teambtk and the rest of the team57 crew!

Td

thats obviously photoshopped. Nice try though

troutdog
12-30-2008, 12:33 AM

I photoshopped this bad boy too! :LOL:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/VineDec20-2126098.jpg

TD

Granny Fish
12-30-2008, 08:54 AM

Nice try with the bluff Greg. I guess we see who the big sissy is now. :ROFL:

I've been wanting to go fishing so bad lately. It's bad enough when you have to work all the time, it's worse when you are really sick enough to stay home from work and too sick to fish. :Sad: Thats what happened to me last week. Thankfully, I'm better now and I'll be out there to pull in some fish for the new year.