PDA

View Full Version : S.A.R.L. Cold, Windy & Skunk 12-26-08

MAN VS WILD
12-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Got to the lake at 5:30. Was able to get one of the spots I like. It was really, really cold out. At around 7:30 the wind pick up big time and it got even colder!!! I had my binoculars and only saw 3 fish caught today. One of the fish caught was a 6 1/2 lber. For me I had to leave at 1pm because my son was playing in a basketball tournament in Redondo Beach. I did have one get away but other than that it was dead! So now the skunk is back on!! Not Cool Bro!!

FISH ON!!!

troutdog
12-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Sorry about the rough day out there MvW, bummed you were not in on the bite with us today.....you'll get'em next time buddy. I was really surprised to hear Sarl was so much windier than the Vine, it is usually the other way around!

Talk to you soon,

TD

calico killer kevin
12-26-2008, 11:12 PM
That sucks man.
Yeah, when we were talking today, TD mentioned that you were at SARL and how dead it was.
Better luck next time.

Seng90806
12-26-2008, 11:38 PM
SARL is fished out!!! wait for the next stocking :LOL:

FiSheR573
12-27-2008, 08:25 AM
i was there fishing on that day also, and it was cold and windy, saw several trout jump in the morning, but nobody around me didn't catch any, had to move 5 times to find where those fish are...i managed to get 2 decent size trout, one mt lassen and the other is a tailwalker...

farmerandy16
12-27-2008, 11:08 AM
sarl is crap. i was there yesterday as well and managed to catch a couple fish but seems like i was the only one, none of size but the clarity was 6-8 inches tops, one big fish was caught. after stating there was gunna be a big fish stocking.

sarl has completly fell off the map.

-andy

E.A.R.G.
12-27-2008, 12:31 PM
woo look whos posting again! its farmer andy! thought you left the board yearss ago

c'mon SARLs not all that bad.. i get my limit there just about everytime I go

gotta work hard for the fish but once you know where they are and what they want, you're in for a consistent bite of good solid fish

i think the smallest trout i've got from sarl is 1 3/4, with about a dozen in the 4lb class range.
the biggest i've got at irvine this year is about 1 3/4 with a few dozen in the under a pound range

BingJr
12-27-2008, 01:29 PM
SARL? WTF Happend to the fishing there? I guess all the silt and stain shut em down.. :(

crappiemike
12-27-2008, 02:41 PM
i don't think it was the cold weather thing.. its all that wind ,way to stick it
out though!!!

CM

farmerandy16
12-27-2008, 03:10 PM
watsup eric!!! havent fished with you in a while.

the limit isnt the problem i always catch fish there... its the water, the nets, and the fact that there has only been a handful of loyds caught this year. at a lake that suposabley is the home of the super trout.

Git R Done
12-27-2008, 03:29 PM
yeah its not that bad of a lake...with the rain n all the water must a lil cloudy. + the wind didnt help at all. way to stick it out though. i know some ppl that would of left in an hr after no bites. look at the bright side theres always next time. Git R Done!

saintarv
12-27-2008, 06:43 PM
yeah its not that bad of a lake...with the rain n all the water must a lil cloudy. + the wind didnt help at all. way to stick it out though. i know some ppl that would of left in an hr after no bites. look at the bright side theres always next time. Git R Done!

Big ditto..........:LOL:

yamafish
12-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Got to the lake at 5:30. Was able to get one of the spots I like. It was really, really cold out. At around 7:30 the wind pick up big time and it got even colder!!! I had my binoculars and only saw 3 fish caught today. One of the fish caught was a 6 1/2 lber. For me I had to leave at 1pm because my son was playing in a basketball tournament in Redondo Beach. I did have one get away but other than that it was dead! So now the skunk is back on!! Not Cool Bro!!

FISH ON!!!

Tony
You'll for sure get em' next time bro.

Rodger

MAN VS WILD
12-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I saw a couple of people pack it up and go home early. I would of stayed the whole day if my son didn't have a game.

I'm on a mission now to go back and put a beat down on those trout!!

On the Tuesday they said that they were going to stock it with big trout on Wednesday night. Being closed on Thursday, my thinking was the trout would be hungry and biting big time come Friday.

I think Monday will be my redeem day!!

FISH ON!!!