PDA

View Full Version : fishing the pudd

basscatcher
12-26-2008, 12:11 PM
well decided to go meet up with samfisher at the pudd this morning. started off with my new fly setup. I got the hang of it but got my fly in a tree. got that out and still had some line but decided to go put that in the truck and get out my swimbait rod. started tossing those basstar baits and decided to change to a floating triple trout. samfisher was tossing out a 7 in triple trout and got it stuck 5 ft in front of him. He went in to get it. moved around but got nothing. samfisher left so i was just me and my pops. we went t sailboat cove and got nothing. the mountian were amazing looking from the lake. water level is where it should be. overall it was relaxing. heres a pic from the hill.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll229/pbasscatcher/12-26-08006-1.jpg

Gods wonder and awesomeness

God Bless

basscatcher

tacklejunkie
12-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Nice pic man. Better luck next trip.
You'll have a blast on the fly in the warmer months when all the lil fishies can be seen in the shallows!
See ya tonight.

basscatcher
12-26-2008, 12:18 PM
thanks TJ it was a chilly morning. see ya later

floater73
12-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Great picture looks very peaceful and worth the trip, I agree tacklejunkie warmer month make the fly worth will. Bluegill on a fly rod is fun no matter what the size.

a biley
12-26-2008, 02:01 PM
looks like the skunk got you too! i'm not the only one! haha see you around there

basscatcher
12-26-2008, 02:02 PM
hahaha the skunk is one of my closest friends sadly. jk

a biley
12-26-2008, 02:04 PM
you down for santa fe dam sometime next week? i scouted it out and found some good spots that might produce

HEMAN
12-26-2008, 02:33 PM
you down for santa fe dam sometime next week? i scouted it out and found some good spots that might produce

i might be able to meet up at SFD during my lunch next week... lemme know..

me and ThatDangGuy are gonna hit up the Pudd right now for a 3pm session... hopefully we can get on some..

a biley
12-26-2008, 03:42 PM
i might be able to meet up at SFD during my lunch next week... lemme know..

me and ThatDangGuy are gonna hit up the Pudd right now for a 3pm session... hopefully we can get on some..

how does tuesday sound, i'm off from work on tuesday!

basscatcher
12-26-2008, 03:54 PM

im thinking of hitting prado or guasti agian next tuesday

Billy Bass
12-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Bass Catcher and Sam Fisher skunked?????????
Who would of thunk????????????????????????
Nice pix bro'
Don't worry I'm gonna take both of you to school in '09!

basscatcher
12-26-2008, 04:30 PM
thats what i want to hear. yea i got a couple hits on a swimbati and that was it. how have you been bro lets meet up at the shop sometime.

snag
12-26-2008, 06:47 PM
I gave the Pudd a shot early this morning too. Tossed the Punker and Triple trout around the life guard shack and worked my way back to sailboat cove. Almost ended up in the water near the point at sailboat cove. I tossed the swimmy and lost my footing due to the ground being icy.

Sorry to hear about the lost Triple Trout...........OUCH!

Better luck out there next time and Killer shot there from the hill

smokinflies
12-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Ha Ha got your fly caught in the tree! J/K dude. That has happened to me many times too when I just starting to learn how to fly fish. I lost so many flies in the trees,and in tullies. Just keep on practicing. I took me about a month to get my casting down to a decent presentation. I use to practice my fly casting in my front yard almost everyday. Just break off the end of a Q-tip and tie it to the tippet instead of a fly for weight and start casting. No lake needed.

basscatcher
12-26-2008, 10:36 PM
I gave the Pudd a shot early this morning too. Tossed the Punker and Triple trout around the life guard shack and worked my way back to sailboat cove. Almost ended up in the water near the point at sailboat cove. I tossed the swimmy and lost my footing due to the ground being icy.

Sorry to hear about the lost Triple Trout...........OUCH!

Better luck out there next time and Killer shot there from the hill

i saw you out thier but you were too far a way to say hi. it was chilly this morning and it was really cold when the wind came in.

thanks smokinflies yea i was luaghing when i got it stuck. i just need pratice thanks for the tips.

God BLess

basscatcher

PUDD MASTER BAITER
12-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Sorry to hear about the skunk your not alone.ive been finallly making some deniro, with the heating repair calls ,these last couple of weeks. When i got a chance to fish ,it was last sun at the pudd hole ,for a big skunk.no trout ,or bass. Learn how to roll cast in the bushy areas. Once you get it down ,it will cast almost as far as a back cast,with a lot less effort. We have to hook up next time they stock some trout . Will go on the fly rod slay. Im sure ill see you out there some time. God bless, and peace out..... Mike the pmb......

basscatcher
12-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Sorry to hear about the skunk your not alone.ive been finallly making some deniro, with the heating repair calls ,these last couple of weeks. When i got a chance to fish ,it was last sun at the pudd hole ,for a big skunk.no trout ,or bass. Learn how to roll cast in the bushy areas. Once you get it down ,it will cast almost as far as a back cast,with a lot less effort. We have to hook up next time they stock some trout . Will go on the fly rod slay. Im sure ill see you out there some time. God bless, and peace out..... Mike the pmb......

thanks mike i'll sure practice that cast. im thinking of hitting the pudd today or tomorrow.

God Bless

basscatcher