PDA

View Full Version : Cleghorn Canyon????

chappy23us
12-26-2008, 11:20 AM
I have been to Silverwood a few times but I dont know how to get to the Cleghorn Canyon Ramp to do some trout fishing. Can someone tell me how to get there from the 15 fwy? Thanks for the replies in advance.

chappy23us
12-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Found a map and it looks like I just take the Cleghorn Rd turnoff. Anybody fished the area latelY?

PHISHnutS
12-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Found a map and it looks like I just take the Cleghorn Rd turnoff. Anybody fished the area latelY?

You can only access Cleghorn from within the Silverwood Lake park. You need to take the Hwy 138 turnoff.

The cleghorn launch area might even be closed due to the snow/ ice situation. It's still accesable by foot but it's a bit of a hike.

If you have been to the lake before, as soon as you pass the the pay booth you will make a left on one of the access roads to make your way into Cleghorn, just follow the signs.

smitty99
12-26-2008, 12:22 PM
I was there yesterday. I drove all the way down to the boat launch off cleghorn rd. I didn't see a single closed gate throughout the whole park. Everything was wide open. Game warden was prowling but I was literally the only person on the lake.

Read my report on the Freshwater Reports section for details. Lots of striper! Saw a few trout too. Dress for soaking wet and windy cold weather.

Nessie Hunter
12-26-2008, 12:40 PM
I have been to Silverwood a few times but I dont know how to get to the Cleghorn Canyon Ramp to do some trout fishing. Can someone tell me how to get there from the 15 fwy? Thanks for the replies in advance.

138 to Silverwood.. Go in main gate (PAY)...

About 75 ft past gate is a road to the left (hard to see) take that to the end...

That used to be a hand launch ramp & floating dock... The camp ground/beach in the report your chasing is just before that dock...

Fish Dog
12-26-2008, 04:53 PM

Cleghorn Road turnoff from the 15 freeway is a winding dirt road. It will dump you out on 138 right at the entrance to Silverwood. Although it is a straight shot (as the crow flies) from the 15 to the entrance it winds around so much, there are a couple of roads that turn off of it that you could get lost on and, especally this time of year, it might be closed or washed out or you might at least need a 4x4 to use it you're better off, and likely quicker time wise, going around on 138.