PDA

View Full Version : The Official Christmas Thread! & What'd you get or give?

tacklejunkie
12-25-2008, 06:41 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

... and A Happy New Year!

Let's hear some of the things you guys and gals got for Christmas!
How about some of the cool things you gave to someone deserving?

tacklejunkie
12-25-2008, 07:01 AM
OK,
I'll start. Last night (Christmas Eve) I received a couple of high end brake parts for my bicycle in the mail. (brakes are extremely important on the type of bike I ride!)
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/odybrakeparts.jpg

I also received a new Ipod Nano Chromatic as an early gift earlier this month.

I gave I_Like_Big_Boats "The best stalking she's ever had" for Christmas! :Cool:

We both kinda took it easy on gifts since we've been buying eachother junk all year.

I also got the gift of pictures and cards from the rest of my family last night. I hardly ever get to see them so it's like a gift when I get to hear from them and see their pictures. Did you know TJ has three sisters? :LOL::Secret:

Troutman65
12-25-2008, 08:38 AM
I got the new Seiko Automatic dive watch I wanted for my B-Day/ X Mas.

I am so very happy to get what I really wanted.

I got to give 2 Kencor rods & rod case to my brother for Christmas. One was a 6' Magnaglas and the other was a 6'6 Kencor Zebra rod. He was super stoked to recive these fishing rods. Hopefully he will be fishing with them tomorrow.

samgann93
12-25-2008, 10:21 AM
I got my new FishCat 4!!!!!!!!! yaya

merry christmas everyone.

tacklejunkie
12-25-2008, 11:43 AM
I got the new Seiko Automatic dive watch I wanted for my B-Day/ X Mas.

I am so very happy to get what I really wanted.

I got to give 2 Kencor rods & rod case to my brother for Christmas. One was a 6' Magnaglas and the other was a 6'6 Kencor Zebra rod. He was super stoked to recive these fishing rods. Hopefully he will be fishing with them tomorrow.

Nice, sounds like a good year for you as well Patrick! I bet your bro is stoked!

I got my new FishCat 4!!!!!!!!! yaya
You're gonna love it! Build yourself up a "Socal Rig" rod holder and have some swimbait fish tow you around!

SoCalGuy7
12-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I gave I_Like_Big_Boats "The best stalking she's ever had" for Christmas! :Cool:

Play on words TJ ....:Secret:..?

Cool stuff!

Crawler
12-25-2008, 02:57 PM
I got a 2009 fishing liscense, Home haircutting kit, anda printer/fax/copier combo. Lots of little stuff too. :Envious:

I gave the wife a petzl tikka plus headlamp, a North Face baselayer top, and a DVD. Got my dad a new quail call, box of .380, and the same petzl headlamp I got for the wife.

The best gift I got is hanging around the house and not having to go anywhere today. :Envious:

Sue
12-25-2008, 03:50 PM
I got spoiled!

A $50 Bass Pro Shops gift certificate from my boss
A bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon from a co-worker
2 bottles of wine from a friend
A bottle of wine from another friend (yeah, my friends know me!)
A bottle of Kahlua from Gators son
The sequel to Wicked and an Evita CD from Kaitlin
Betty Boop stuff from England
A bag of teabags from England
A pack of chocolate from England

From Gator I got:

A microwave
A bag of fishing "supplies" - bait, swivels, sinkers etc.
A gift certificate to Bed Bath & Beyond
A trout toothbrush holder, which means my new bathroom is going to have a trout theme!
A 2009 fishing license
A stringer
2 movies, including Mamma Mia! Which I forced everyone to watch this afternoon :ROFL:

I gave Gator a Brinkmann charcoal smoker and grill, some hickory chips, a rib rack, a pair of rod holders for his boat and an Angels gift card.
I gave Kaitlin a necklace, a doggy picture frame and a Lancome makeup gift set. I gave her brother and his girlfriend a gift certificate to Olive Garden, and I got all the boys at work a bottle of JD.
One of my friends I gave a Cabelas "build your own" custom rod kit.

smokinflies
12-25-2008, 05:04 PM
All I got was a hand shake and a pat on the back.:Crying: I guess I wasn't very good this year.

Oh well, screw it. There's always tomorrow on the lake.:Big Grin:

Wingnut
12-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Just being able to celebrate Christmas together with my family & closest friends was enough. Untangible gifts are always the best gifts.
But if I had to choose a favorite material gift, it would be this...

Authentic Riddell NFL Washington Redskins game helmet signed by Joe Gibbs. :Cool: And of course, a new 2009 fishing license. :Wink:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Picture049.jpg

WARRIORMIKE
12-25-2008, 06:38 PM
I never ask for much and I always get a lot. MY daughter got a puppy this year for Christmas. Smile from ear to ear. As long as she has a good Christmas that's all that matters. Its all about the kids.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BSU1HMDA0MDQuanBn.jpg