PDA

View Full Version : where do i launch my tube.

samgann93
12-24-2008, 01:46 PM
so im new to the tubing thing. i have a fc4 and am wanting to get out on it in the next week. so where do i launch it once i get to the lake? can i just get a spot along the shore and go or do i have to go from the launching ramp or what?

Thanks,
S.G

cappo
12-24-2008, 02:58 PM
where ever you feel is safest. I always stuck to sandy areas or the launch ramp.

samgann93
12-24-2008, 03:21 PM
so theres like no rules right?

i just dont wanna get in trouble or have to knock out some bait fisherman who tell me i cant launch from somewhere. haha

floater73
12-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Some alke do require that you stay in certian areas like at Puddingstone, stay in or near sail boat cove.

See Chris Fish
12-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Every lake has it's own rules. Always check with the lake staff. You can launch anywhere in Irvine Lake. Just be mindful of the shore fisherman. That wide open spot in the morning will be packed with people on the return trip. I try to launch from a launch ramp. Less chance of mud and bushes.

hughpam
12-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Also be aware that many lakes have rules about how far from the shore you can go, and PFDs, as well as blaze orange in certain square inch requirements. I carry a PFD and have my entire head rest in blaze orange just in case. It's also a good idea to have a flashlight and a loud whistle on you.

Have fun!