PDA

View Full Version : Tex Hearts NY

ThemBastards
12-23-2008, 01:22 PM
I am just glad he did not sign with the Red Sox. Wow New York is starting to look like Detroit last offseason- near unbeatable. I'm crying on the inside:Sad:

BassEngineer
12-23-2008, 01:34 PM
this just in....Yankees have signed, Randy Moss, Lebron James, and tiger woods. :ROFL:

brando123
12-23-2008, 02:17 PM
That is so freaking crazy......

DarkShadow
12-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Wow New York is starting to look like Detroit last offseason- near unbeatable.:

And we all saw how well that worked out for 'em.

With the CC and AJ aquisitions, tha'ts a cool half billion dollars the Yankees just shelled out.

Hopefully the Red Sox pick up Lowe, which leaves the Dodgers with the ability to get ManRam again.

And on a sidenote...

• I bet the Angels feel awesome trading away their future 1st baseman for Texiera, who essentially became a 'rental' for a team who were dismissed early in the playoffs. Now, essentially, they are back to zero at the position. I hear Dunn is available, though. :Wink:

brando123
12-23-2008, 02:33 PM
I agree. Horrible move on the Angels part.

BassEngineer
12-23-2008, 02:40 PM
And on a sidenote...

• I bet the Angels feel awesome trading away their future 1st baseman for Texiera, who essentially became a 'rental' for a team who were dismissed early in the playoffs. Now, essentially, they are back to zero at the position. I hear Dunn is available, though. :Wink:

The Texeira deal looks stupid now...but a few months ago the deal looked great on paper. You can't blame the Angels for trading Kroch-Man, to try and make a run at the World Series.

Well, since we signed Tex, Giambi is available also! :ROFL:

ThemBastards
12-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Kotchman was never going to be a power hitting first baseman. This will open up options maybe not this year but maybe next season or through trade we can get a beast at first. Although I think the true beast first basemen are unlikely to be traded.

Dunn, I am all for it. Sure we will lose defense at firstbase and sure he strikes out a lot but the guy has hit 40+HR's in 5 straight seasons and is still relatively young, plus he can possibly flourish at DH which gives Kendry Morales time to show us why he was the Cuban National's clean up hitter at 19.

Maybe Mo Vaugh will come out of retirement?

SoCalGuy7
12-23-2008, 06:09 PM
I guess the Konerko to the Angels rumor will start up again.....

Looks like the Yanks are trying to buy another ring....:Rolls Eyes:

baadfish69
12-23-2008, 06:15 PM
I guess the Konerko to the Angels rumor will start up again.....

Looks like the Yanks are trying to buy another ring....:Rolls Eyes:

Meh...let em try....I cant wait to see the Rays beat up on the Yanks even with their overpaid players.

Oz
12-23-2008, 08:22 PM
hahaha over paid or not, yanks have come up this off-season...just with cc and tex aboard they have made the biggest pick ups.

DarkShadow
12-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Dunn, I am all for it.

I dunno if he'd compliment the type of offense Mike Scioscia enjoys having out there though.

ThemBastards
12-24-2008, 11:30 AM
I dunno if he'd compliment the type of offense Mike Scioscia enjoys having out there though.

How many shots have we given Brandon Wood? Did Dallas MacPherson work out? Let's face it our DH next year is looking to be Figgins(if wood gets the 3rd base gig) and a rotated Matthews Jr./outfielders. I think Dunn with Vladdy in front of him will easily hit in 100+RBI and 40+HR's. Granted I haven't really heard anything about the Angels having interest in Dunn so maybe that is a reflection of how they feel about him, I don't know. DS I gotta believe in something man.:Neutral:

DarkShadow
12-24-2008, 11:40 AM
DS I gotta believe in something man.:Neutral:

Meanwhile, I've been sacrificing live chickens for the past 3 weeks hoping McCourt and Co™, get off their collective behinds and give Manny an offer that actually doesn't suck. You know how expensive live chickens are?!

With our amazing 2 man rotation, we're gonna need about 14 guys that can hit 45+ bombs.

ThemBastards
12-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Meanwhile, I've been sacrificing live chickens for the past 3 weeks hoping McCourt and Co™, get off their collective behinds and give Manny an offer that actually doesn't suck. You know how expensive live chickens are?!

With our amazing 2 man rotation, we're gonna need about 14 guys that can hit 45+ bombs.

Have you considered offering Joboo a cigar? or rum?

troutdog
12-25-2008, 02:46 PM
I can't wait to watch the Tankees miss the playoffs again....Angels shoulda signed Tex, like Arte did not have the money? Now they are going to spend money on a closer instead of a badly needed bat? They should still take that week division they play in, kinda like the Dodgers.

Are the White Sox back from playing golf yet? :ROFL:

TD