PDA

View Full Version : WCCM year in Review catfish Vid

bluehunter
12-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Just thought I would share a video of the year in review for catfish. It was a pretty good year I must say and now the year is coming to an end. I would like to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Lets make the 09 even better for fishing.

Brian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReZZGNtSg4o

FISH_HUNTER
12-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Great vid! Thanks for sharing. Best of luck in 09!:Beer Toast:

Seng90806
12-23-2008, 03:31 PM
looks like lots of fun...i need to hook up for a bluehunting missions with ya...have a great holiday bro!!!

HuskerRod
12-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Bluehunter,

what is that big bluegill/Tilapia looking thing you are holding in the first picture? Great video presentation. A lot of familiar faces there. That albino catfish was really something else.

Huskerrod

bluehunter
12-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks everybody for the props. I am going to start getting into live feeds of my fishing for the 09 as long as I have someone with me its all good.

Rodthebod that was a Tilapia that was a half pound away from the state record caught last May at the Palo Verde canal. 5.5 pounds.

Santa Fe Eric
12-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Absolutely Fabulous Blue! :Applause::Applause:
I wish I could have particpated more on the WCCM this past year, but I only caught 1 Catfish the whole year:Embarrassed:.
I'll try again in '09! I've learned a lot from you just by reading your reports on WCCM, FNN, and your Bluehunter site!

You are a good man! Happy holidays to you and yours!

Santa Fe

Rooster
12-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Very well done Bluehunter, Enjoyed the video and hope 2 cya at Blythe in 09 .. Props

steve092
12-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Cool vid.

Looks like this year was a good one.

bluehunter
12-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys. Hey Eric I try man. Its all about spreading the love and teaching others. Those that truly know me know thats what I am all about. Been doing that for the last decade here on fnn since it was the hotpage. Man time flies doesnt it? Anytime E you want to roll holla at me. Tell kev this year i plan to make clear lake derby. Putting away funds for that as we speak. Lol.

chris
12-24-2008, 09:21 AM
cool song and a great video. merry christmas to you too

fish4anything
12-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Very nice! Time to re-spool my reels.

bluehunter
12-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Most definitely. You always want to keep that line fresh you never know when the big one will hit.

B

crappie stalker
12-25-2008, 11:43 AM
That was a great video of the years events.. Looks like you had a full and eventfull 08.. I hope you top it in 09.. Merry Christmas and HappyNew Year.. I hope to get out with ya in 09 to one of those canal trips.. Been down there a few times but still havent hit the mother lode..lol

CS

bluehunter
12-28-2008, 11:07 AM
That was a great video of the years events.. Looks like you had a full and eventfull 08.. I hope you top it in 09.. Merry Christmas and HappyNew Year.. I hope to get out with ya in 09 to one of those canal trips.. Been down there a few times but still havent hit the mother lode..lol

CS

Holla at me bout that. I will start making way there in April. Will have an event schedule soon. Meanwhile I am on a blue hunt till then. Maybe thru April as well as Otay put out a few big ones in April too. But I will definitely make 1 or 2 trips a month starting April for Flatheads.

candyman
12-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Wow thats a cool video, and some of those cats are huge!!! I have never been catfishing do they fight hard? sounds like a fun thing to try :Big Grin:

bluehunter
12-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Candyman you should try it sometimes it is fun. Yes they do fight well the flatheads being the biggest fighters. Somewhat like a fresh water yellowtail for comparison. The blues are the next biggest fighters and than the channels. Now this is speaking as far as North American catfishing. I hear the Wels and those Amazon catfish are tougher than our American catfish which is definitely something I want to one day target. Its one of my dream trips just like the Alaskan and the cow tuna trips I want to do a few times in the future.