PDA

View Full Version : SARL 12/20 w/BucketBay and FeelTheSTEEL

GeordyBass
12-22-2008, 01:34 PM
I spoke with Gary the night before and we decided to go to SARL.He was telling me about the "tailwalkers" and it got me in trout Feva'!!!And it was also Me and Dwayne(BucketBay's) first time there.

Gary picked me up at around 3:30am and then we hitched a ride with Dwayne.We were gonna take a boat but we decided to get a rowboat and use my motor.

The day started off slow with a couple nibbles at the pipes and the Water Was Really Murky and Dirty...We used All kinds of stuff like powerbait,kastmasters,
spoons,spinners,and everything,I mean everything in our Arsenal.We couldn't get hooked up!!!Damn:Evil:!

We decided to troll on afterwards.We trolled around the lake lots and lots of times but nothing.We trolled Rapalas and lots of crankbaits but nuthin!!!WTF???

We then saw Lizzay Hookup on some nice fatties!That was the highlight of the morning and it got our hopes up.We tried trolling that spot a couple of times but I guess that Basstard was Lucky....lol j/k....

We then Went back to the pipes and nuthin'...We then started trolling around a couple of times more then it was almost Closing time with no hookups or bites.

Then Gary told us just to stop trolling and "bait and wait"...We went by the Marina as Gary told us "Sometimes there are fish congregated there next to the pins"...Me and BucketBay were using similiar crankbaits(Cultiva Fry pink,Owner Pink Small Crankbait)...After 2 casts ZZZZZZZZZZZZ went BucketBays Drag and....Snaggggggggg!!!,,,LOL J/K,,,He had a HOOKUP!!!It was a big one!It peeled Drag and jumped all over the place!

He fought it for a couple minutes but it kept taking Drag and fighting him!His braid was whistling...lol...A couple of minutes later we go it in the boat and it was a big one!

He was excited!!!He went to get it weighed in afterwards...It weighed 4 1/4 oz. And it was the "2nd Place Fish!!!'...he forgot the ticket for the raffle so when he went to "officially" weigh it,they cut it open and said "Nope,it's not a Tailwalker"....Damn!!!!

Though it was the highlight of our day,,,It SUCKED there and I got a bad taste for the lake.Me and Gary were Skunked.Gary said "this is how it feels to get skunked huh, Geordy???"....lol...basstard...J/K...

Well looks like Revenge is gonna be a B!tch...:Twisted:

Nice seeing Ya Lizzay and Ernie w/ friend!!!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/SARL-dwayne12-20-08.jpg

samgann93
12-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Great report. i goota get out there.

one_leg
12-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Gary said "this is how it feels to get skunked huh, Geordy?"

I knew he was gonna say that to you.

Thanks.

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Then Gary told us just to stop trolling and "bait and wait"...We went by the Marina as Gary told us "Sometimes there are fish congregated there next to the pins"...Me and BucketBay were using similiar crankbaits(Cultiva Fry pink,Owner Pink Small Crankbait)...After 2 casts ZZZZZZZZZZZZ went BucketBays Drag

(Gary is gonna post pics)

Not bad young grasshoppa, your learning....nice post but quote me correct please...I didn't say stop trolling and bait and wait, I said "were gonna stop trolling and cast to this zone !" We were all working lures...you and dwayne with you cute lil pink cranks and I was running a 3/8 oz kastmaster !

And that is what we did but my master plan was for all of us to hook up !!!...cant win 'em all...too bad but a huge congrats to Dwayne, that WAS A REAL NICE SKUNKBUSTA !

SHOULDA BEEN A 2ND PLACE FISH IN MY BOOK.. !

I had a great time regardless, and yes I did say...."oh...this is what getting skunked feels like ????"

Ha ha ha...I've had my share, I'll take it out on the next round of fish....I feel sorry for them fishees ! now...they MUST DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good times, hopefully the next time will be more productive though !!

Gary

Heres Dwaynes Fatty !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/SARL-dwayne12-20-08.jpg

MAVERICK27
12-22-2008, 03:34 PM
I now have no desire to fish SARL...not until they get their **** together and the water clears up!! It is also wierd to troll in a pond...I dunno I guess i'm spoiled with nicer views at the Vine....great job and thanks for the post. Most people only post when they catch fish. Its very useful to post this stuff too, so we don't fish places that need to clear up. Thanks!

GeordyBass
12-22-2008, 03:37 PM
I now have no desire to fish SARL...not until they get their **** together and the water clears up!! It is also wierd to troll in a pond...I dunno I guess i'm spoiled with nicer views at the Vine....great job and thanks for the post. Most people only post when they catch fish. Its very useful to post this stuff too, so we don't fish places that need to clear up. Thanks!Revenge on SARL!!!!:Twisted::Twisted::Twisted:

(good thing i didn't pay $20 extra for the derby!!!HaHa!!!)

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-22-2008, 03:38 PM
I now have no desire to fish SARL...not until they get their **** together and the water clears up!! It is also wierd to troll in a pond...I dunno I guess i'm spoiled with nicer views at the Vine....great job and thanks for the post. Most people only post when they catch fish. Its very useful to post this stuff too, so we don't fish places that need to clear up. Thanks!

Yes a lack of fish post is very helpfull to see whats going on...I told Geordy to post up, I aint embarressed, it happens...it wasnt due to lack of effort...
It's fishing

GeordyBass
12-22-2008, 03:41 PM
it wasnt due to lack of effort...
It's fishingHell Yeah Man!!!!!I was tired of all the effort and am glad my boat has a steering console!!!Tiller Steering trolling is HARD!!!

BIGRED KILLA
12-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Gettin skunked at Sarl Ouch..Thanks for the pics and report now go kill the salt fish.

Bigred

GeordyBass
12-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Gettin skunked at Sarl Ouch..Thanks for the pics and report now go kill the salt fish.

BigredI'll kill a short flattie just for you...:LOL:...J/K...

MAVERICK27
12-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Agreed Gary...my post only included 3 fish for the whole weekend. Part of why fishing is good. If we crushed it every weekend, it could get old. The skunk makes you apreciate those great days on the water!

BIGRED KILLA
12-22-2008, 03:53 PM
I'll kill a short flattie just for you...:LOL:...J/K...

I hope you do and it better not be a sand dab eather.lol

Bigred

saintarv
12-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Nice job Buckey Bay! Long time no see. To me that looks like a Tailwalker in my book. LOL:LOL:

one_leg
12-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Nice job Buckey Bay! Long time no see. To me that looks like a Tailwalker in my book. LOL:LOL:

That fish looks like a Weightlifter to me. Look at the shoulders on that futhamucka!!!

Congrats to you Dwayne.

I know that you guys and Geordy too gave it your best efforts.

Bucket bay
12-22-2008, 06:28 PM
It was slow out there and I mean short yellow bus slow all in all we still had fun and learned a few things, that fish I caught was quite the fighter a lot more fight in him than I expected from a trout, it was a good day on the water just wish we could have been on a better bite and more consistency to there tournament.

Good times good people
BB

Rooster
12-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Nice report and pics, Hope ya kill them next round..

kpn
12-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Geordy & Gary got a big o skunk :Dancing Banana:.......j/k. Don't worry guys....you'll get em next time. Every fishermen/ women get a skunk sometime. I myself get enough share of that :LOL:.
Congrats Dwayne on a nice fish:Thumbs Up:.

KPN.

GeordyBass
12-23-2008, 01:30 PM
That fish looks like a Weightlifter to me. Look at the shoulders on that futhamucka!!!

Congrats to you Dwayne.

I know that you guys and Geordy too gave it your best efforts.

Damn I was tired!Especially because Dwayne got that fish,me and Gary started working the hell out of that spot!!lol

I hope you do and it better not be a sand dab eather.lol

BigredI've never even caught a sand dab,,,lol,,,

It was slow out there and I mean short yellow bus slow
BB
LOL,,,One_Leg Slow,,,:LOL:

Nice report and pics, Hope ya kill them next round..Thanks bud,,,were gonna have to tear some other lake up!I am sure as hell not gonna go there until they get their $h!t straight!!!lol,,,

Geordy & Gary got a big o skunk :Dancing Banana:.......j/k. Don't worry guys....you'll get em next time. Every fishermen/ women get a skunk sometime. I myself get enough share of that :LOL:.
Congrats Dwayne on a nice fish:Thumbs Up:.

KPN.Yup,
Were gonna take revenge on the Panfish Tourney!!!

Mr. Khanh,you better catch 2lb.+ only!!!I will throw back everything smaller,,,:Twisted:

You Panfish dudes better watch out!!!

:Twisted::Wink::Secret::Envious:

Seng90806
12-23-2008, 02:41 PM
bring it on!!!...it will be fun times :LOL: