PDA

View Full Version : The VINE ALL weekend 12-20 and 12-21

MAVERICK27
12-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Well, Here is my report from the weekend at the Vine Christmas Tournament. I already commented on the downs of the tourney on another thread. This is the ups!!! I had a bad weekend in the sense of amount of fish. I caught 2 Saturday and only 1 Sunday. However, I got to spend time with the family CRVZ and Christian and Chase (the babies) on Saturday on a beautiful lake with killer views, Sunday was fishing with Wes (Poxy Boggards) and my uncle and cousin. Wes did very well, he would have had his limit, but he let my little cousin reel one in with his rig....that was class..thanks WES! You made that kid's day. My uncle hooked in to a giant in Woody's cove, but it wrapped in the weeds and got the line stuck. Sunday we tied up to Rob (ROOSTER) and Roger (Yamafish) for a while. Great fishing with you guys, one of the highlights of the weekend. What a wealth of knowledge on that boat between the two of them. Nice boat too, looks like a fish killing machine! Thanks for the donuts and water!! So glad I hooked into one while you were there, the pressure was on and we were talking MUCH trash!!!

Troutdog, Hittson and Man Vs. Wild pulled up behind us and we were comparing notes on the day. Always good to see you guys...nice peeps!!

Saturday, CRVZ kicked my butt!! No doubt about that....BUT just as Jerry was coming toward us in the patrol boat to kick us off the water, CRVZ said "look at your rod". I was getting what seemed like small nibbles. I picked it up and quickly set the hook. Fish ON! I saw the fish partially boil and said "it looks small" then after a couple head tugs and I saw color, I quickly changed my tune. Now I hollered "Its pretty big, get the net" CRVZ says " yeah right!" That was probably because I did so horrible all day. She slowly strolls to the back of the boat and grabs the net. She then sees the fish and says "S*&%T, its huge!" Then the fish decides to fight a little and wrap around the anchor, in a feeble attempt at freeing himself. I managed to turn his head and bring him up and CRVZ nets it. The scale at the tackle shop says 4.6 Lbs. The only bummer was it didnt fight very hard because it was missing the tail! Very disappointing. That might have been a good thing though because I hooked it on my lightest rig, 5' tall very flexible with 4 lb test and a 2lb leader! You can see Troutdog, Hittson, and Man Vs. Wild on the rental behind me in the pics.

I told them "at least you got to see me catch a fish, so you believe my Posts" :ROFL:

Another highlight was one of my twins winning a Shakespeare reel at the raffle. I also won a rod stand and a knife sharpener! Thank you to the Vine for that!!

Here are some of the pics. enjoy!

CRVZ on the bow, complete with Christmas lights!

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/IMG_2402.jpg

The lunker hook-up site

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/IMG_2403.jpg

Busy Shoreline!!

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/IMG_2404.jpg

Troutmatic on the slay! We watched him limit with a quickness, great job!!

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/IMG_2405.jpg

Snow on the mountains

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/IMG_2407.jpg

The next three are of my tail-less trout and the boys in the background..

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/IMG_2408.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/IMG_2409.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/IMG_2410.jpg

Poxy Boggards
12-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Nice fishing with you Maverick! Man that trout had no taill at all, no wonder you thought it was small before you got a look at it.

We'll get em next time!

Wes

troutdog
12-22-2008, 11:43 AM
As always it was nice seeing TeamCRVZ out at the Vine with the twins, it sounds like you had a great weekend as did I. Not many fish caught either, but nice seeing friends on the lake.....thanks for the report Mav. Hope to see you at the Vine again very soon.

BTW those fish are affectionately referred to as "nubwalkers" :LOL:

TD

MAVERICK27
12-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Thansk guys! "nubwalkers" that was great:ROFL::ROFL:

lizzay
12-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Bravo! Awesome report my friend. Good job on the 4lber. I love the pics of the rainbow eels you caught! haha!

MAVERICK27
12-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Haha, thanks Bro..eels..pretty much felt like it on the line..next time, forget SARL. You are comin out to the vine with me!!

FISHSTIX
12-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Nice job out there Mav atleast you beat the dreaded skunk on both days, and ended the weekend with a hefty fish too bad about the tail tho. I heard that the one of the twins won something at the raffle on saturday, thats really cool:Smile:. I hope conditions dont get worse with todays rain im gona be out there tomorrow. Thanks for the report and pix.:Cool:

MAVERICK27
12-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks! Oh man, I was invited to go with Jimmy tomorrow. Should be better without all the pressure, weekdays always is there. Good luck and post a report, i'd love to see it. The Vine just needs to settle and clear the water up.

candyman
12-22-2008, 02:14 PM
That is one weird looking trout LOL. I'm glad you had a good time with your family, it was too bad I couldn't make it out there with you guys I'm sure it would have been fun. We go soon!!!:Big Grin:

calico killer kevin
12-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey I think I saw you out there later in the day on Sunday. I was in the white kayak. The three I caught near the end there were the only ones I got.

joedaplumber
12-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Congrats on a cool weekend with the family

great pictures & report

MAVERICK27
12-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks Joe! Yeah I saw you killin it on the yak...we were gettin nada. Everyone was fishing off the boat launch. Those guys were so rude...the guys tryong to pick up theri boats had to yell at them to move. One guy was fishing and a trailer almost hit his kids. That wasn't coool at all. Nice Kayak, that thing is set!!

BIGRED KILLA
12-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the pics and report thats cool of you taking the kids out you guys are raising a couple twin fish killers.lol keep it up out there

Bigred

calico killer kevin
12-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks Joe! Yeah I saw you killin it on the yak...we were gettin nada. Everyone was fishing off the boat launch. Those guys were so rude...the guys tryong to pick up theri boats had to yell at them to move. One guy was fishing and a trailer almost hit his kids. That wasn't coool at all. Nice Kayak, that thing is set!!

Those guys at the launch were kinda rude. They shouldn't have been fishing there in the first place. I had to sit back there and launch half an ounce of weight to get into the spot. They were biting spring green powerbait on a 8" leader.

MAVERICK27
12-22-2008, 03:43 PM
I noticed..that was the key for you...you could cast a mile and take their fish WITHOUT standing on the ramp...classy and effective!

one_leg
12-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Wash that jacket Maverick. Try using a towel like CRVZ does.

Yup, a real class act.

MAVERICK27
12-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Stop staring at CRVZ....and my jacket...:) I needed to wash it because I caught fish hahaha

one_leg
12-22-2008, 05:12 PM
I meant that Wes was a class act. I wasn't commenting on your or your wonderful wife.
Although the two of you are very fine people as well.

yamafish
12-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Maverick.. Good times fishing with you and Wes when we were tied up.
Dude.. you know that I would have traded ya rides straight across if your boat had a late model 4 stroke. Think I'm going to search out a bargain deal at the '09 Fred Hall Show.
Wes was just on fire with the magic bait.. :Smile: So Poxy.. what kind of line is that bro?,,,,:LOL: j/k jus' playin' with ya bro.. Snappin line... It was probably a toad ! It may have been one of those Lloyds that Team Phenix did Not catch at the boat docks.. hehe

Were gonna have to plan to tie up all the boats again (your boat, roosters and mine) .. I'll bring my small propane bbq and grill up some eats on the boat! Can't beat that.. Grilled Cheeseburgers, friends, cold beer, it can't any better! You know.. we could even tie em in a circle and have a card table in the center of the three boats! Too much fun!

I'll see ya soon! Probably at the Vine in 09 event next!

Take care
Rodger - YamaFish

KaliDawgFan
12-22-2008, 06:09 PM
You weren't kidding when you said tail-less!

Rooster
12-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Your a class act Mav & anyone that comes to know you are truely very lucky. But i gotta tell ya bro, I have seen alot of messed up tails over the years but that tail on your trout takes top honors. :Envious:

Hooking up the boats was a blast and i hope we can do it again soon. I have alot more smack to lay on ya :Cool:

BTW Proxy, You are included as well, if Mav doesnt have room on his boat your going with me or Yamafish on our boats when we do the next tie or die boat adventure :ROFL:

ffunluving
12-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Those guys at the launch were kinda rude. They shouldn't have been fishing there in the first place. I had to sit back there and launch half an ounce of weight to get into the spot. They were biting spring green powerbait on a 8" leader.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised Patrick wasn't all over them. Now that it's so difficult to hike to West Shore it's convenient to fish next to the ramp. Patrick pretty much draws a line in the dirt 10' away from the ramp and says don't cross it. There's another guy who usually tries to fish there anyways and Patrick gets on him so much, he leaves and moves to trout island. Anyways, congrats on your catch and hope next time you catch the big one that bit your trout's tail off...lol.

Granny Fish
12-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Always nice to get out with family and friends to enjoy a day on the water. Wow! It was crowded that day. Poor, poor tailess fish. At least you put it out of its misery.

MAVERICK27
12-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Thank guys, those are all kind words! Rob...let the smack down commense!! Haha

Roger, that is an awesome plan! Lets get all three boats together. When it isnt so crowded and the water is better...we'll probably still catch fish! I say we plan that trip ASAP! Then we can race back to the dock again :) If we make a circle....we can all drop shot in the center haha

Mondo21
12-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Nice fattie! Too bad about his tail. Love the pics,especially the one with my son Hitts! I also see Troutdog,don't know the other Guy. Family time...priceless. Thanks for the report. No pics of the Twins,they should be getting pretty big. They grow fast. Cindy:Big Grin:

MAVERICK27
12-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Awe thanks Cindy! Yeah they are gettin big! Almost time to take them to get their tackle boxes :) They are 7 months now!

Mondo21
12-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Awe thanks Cindy! Yeah they are gettin big! Almost time to take them to get their tackle boxes :) They are 7 months now!

7 months already! Wow! Tackle boxes,how cute. Cindy:Big Grin:

joedaplumber
12-23-2008, 06:15 PM
If we make a circle....we can all drop shot in the center haha

dont forget the secret sauce

MAVERICK27
12-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Haha, we'll chum with beer and BBQ sauce!!