PDA

View Full Version : My wishes to you all......and I'm going to become the bionic man.

CatchthatTrout
12-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Hello Team 57.

First off I want to wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year filled with happiness, love and plenty of fish.

I’m sorry I haven’t been much of a participant recently because 1st my laptop screen has busted at the hinges and now the desktop that I couldn’t get on much because of the kids is now out of service.

I haven’t been able in the past 8-10 months to fish much because of the increasing pain in my bad hips and it’s very tough to move around in the dirt at places like Irvine and SARL. Doctor Hook was so gracious to able me a spot at my last trip out to Irvine, so I didn’t have to scramble too much to get comfortable.
(On that note, I wish Irvine could designate a flat area at several locations around the lake for folks with physical limitations. Maybe Daniela or Jimmy will see this.)

If any of you plan on fishing on any of the weekends before the week of Jan. 12th and you plan on renting a pontoon and would like another to help share the cost and have some more company, please contact me. I'd like to fish the Vine at least a couple of more times before my surgery, but I'll have to be on a pontoon or if someone can save and share a shore spot that is flat, so I don't have to sit in my car for hours, that would be cool for me.

I have my first hip replacement now scheduled for January 13, 2009 at San Dimas Hospital. Yes, you read this right…..the 1st replacement. You should have seen the look on my face when the doctor asked me, “So which one do you want to replace?”
I’m going to be 47 yrs. old in March, and will be waiting to replace the 2nd hip by the end of the year.
I’d love to hear any stories of any of your family or friends that have had good results from hip replacement, especially in my age range, because I hear a lot of the “you’re so young” comments, but when the pain alters your life, one must do what has to be done. My doctor says that I’ll feel so much better and be glad I did it.

Again…..Merry Christmas to you all.
God Bless.

troutdog
12-22-2008, 04:12 PM
I wish you a very speedy recovery Tony, we sure miss seeing you on he board and at the lake on a regular basis. Happy holidays to you and your family!

TD

Santa Fe Eric
12-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Wishing you well my dear friend! Jess Ranch is flat. There are good spots to fish within a football field's walk of the parking lot with no uphill. Lot's of Team 57 people there on a consistent basis :Secret: I would love to fish with you again before you go under the knife. At Corona we can fish right out the back of our trucks (no walking) if we get there early enough for the right spot.
Under the right conditions and price I would do the Vine with a group on a Pontoon, just to have the pleasure of fishing next to you:Embarrassed:

God Bless you and your family!

one_leg
12-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Tony, I am sorry to hear that you have to have surgery. I am sure that you will be happier once they have fixed you up. Don't watch any youtube videos of Hip surgery. :EyePop: They appear a lot worse than they really are.

The staff at Jess Ranch will help you out in a number of ways if you ask them nicely.

A pontoon trolling trip is in order for the gimp/crip/senior brigade!!! 6 peeps max.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

sansou
12-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Best of wishes to you Tony. It was good seeing you and the boy the last time at Irvine....just like the old days. I wish you speedy recovery on the hip thing.

That being said, and despite our friendship, I will go on the record to formally put you on notice that I will be filing a Notice of Grievance at any fishing tournament you enter if said hip replacement surgery/surgeries enables you to run or jump up quicker to set your rod than us 100% flesh anglers. After the surgery your trout farming percentage will be next to nil, and that won't be fair. :LOL:

Take care.

Sansou

joedaplumber
12-22-2008, 10:27 PM
sorry too hear the news

considering recovery time & physical therapy that is involved after surgery it may be wise to have both done @ the same time ( if that is even possible )

i am waiting for double knee replacement / surgery & had to jump thru hoops to get it done @ 44 years old since most doctors & insurance companies WONT even consider joint replacement until the tender age of 50-55 Y/O due to the fact that joint replacement is only good for ten years ( approx. ) they figure i will be dead before they have to due it again :ROFL:

i had a friend who had both knees done @ the same time & even though the recovery & physical therapy was very pain staking , long & tedious HE was glad he had BOTH done @ the same time instead of going thru it twice. NOT SURE IF THAT IS POSSIBLE WITH HIPS OR NOT but defanitely something to consider or discuss with the doctor

GOOD LUCK , BEST WISHES & GOD SPEED ON THE RECOVERY

olfishergal
12-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Hey Tony: I have cared for many hip replacement patients over the years....one at a time is the rule. follow all the guidelines and you will be feeling much less pain in no time. You're a bit young for one but given the increase in sports etc in this generation it is not that uncommon anymore. Genetics play some role in it. I am sure you will do just fine and look forward to fishing with you in the future. A very Merry X-mas to you and yours and best wishes for the new year........OFG

tacklejunkie
12-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Hope it all works out for ya man. Best of luck in your surgeries and happy holidays.

I'm trying to wait it out and see if my back gets any better before I decide on surgery, but it's not looking so good cause I'm still having lots of back problems :Sad:

Sea Monkey
12-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Merry Christmas and speedy recovery to you Tony!

Renee

Granny Fish
12-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Best wishes to you and your family for Christmas Tony. I'm certain the surgery will go well and you will be like a new man afterwards.:Wink:

Troutman65
12-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Tony, I hope all goes well with your surgerys and wish you the best ! Before you know it you will be back in top fishing form and slaying the trout.:Wink:

Patrick

CatchthatTrout
01-02-2009, 05:15 AM
Thank you Team 57 for the nice messages.

Sansou, I have to go through with the drastic measures to keep up with you on the shores.

As for the question of both hips replaced at the same time, they just don't recommend it.
I did see a gentleman that had both knees replaced, back when I did mine a few years ago.

If all goes well and I the great results I'm expecting and recover strong, then I could be doing the other hip around Oct. /Nov.

I hope to see you all real soon.

Have a great time at the FNN event; I'll be with you all in spirit.
(Dana....save me a t-shirt)

God Bless.

SQUIRREL
01-02-2009, 08:30 AM
sorry to hear about getting hip replacement, My family will pray that every goes well with the replacement . And we will pray for your family to be strong through it all.

God Bless

Andy