PDA

View Full Version : Going to Bishop June 14-17

SoadTilt15
06-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Hey guys, im going camping up to Intake 2 next week. Anyone know how the fishing is up there and the weather?

Joshua
06-10-2007, 07:01 AM
Hey guys, im going camping up to Intake 2 next week. Anyone know how the fishing is up there and the weather?
Fishing is usually pretty good. Intake II gets stocked regularly (DFG and ALpers) and you have miles of creeks to fish. There are 3 other lakes within a few miles (North, Sabrina, South) plus backcountry opportunities.
Perfect recipe
As far as weather goes, in the summer???? Expect thunder showers in the after noons. You never know what you are going to get. It should be warm in the day, maybe some thundershower actiivty in the afternoon, which will move thru and the evening will be cool and pleasant.

(THose big hills to your left are called mountains, they do weird things to weather patterns. The thunder showers are a combination of the warm moisuture rich air in the valley meeting up with the cold air off the mountains. In the afternoon the cool and warm air collide and it becomes unstable, thus the thunder and rain. very similar to Denver in the summer. It will rain for 1 hour and leave. That is my weather report)

I would take bug spray. Intake II area is damp, bug habitat.

SoadTilt15
06-11-2007, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the info dude. Hopefully it wont rain too much if it does.

High Sierra Junkie
06-11-2007, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't worry about any rain for the remainder of this week. There was a weak upper low that swung through the area Saturday night/Sunday. It was a little windy and cloudy overnight last night but no precipitation came out of it. Expect dry conditions and slightly warmer temperatures to prevail for the Owens Valley and the High Country through the rest of the week.

Hitts0n
06-12-2007, 07:42 AM
looking forward to your report!

SoadTilt15
06-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the weather report. Hopefully ill post up pictures of some Alpers.