PDA

View Full Version : So, if Furcal is Stayin' Blue...

City Dad
12-18-2008, 02:07 PM
That means what? An infield of Blake, Furcal, who and Loney?

And does this then rule out Manny?

And what about a no Lowe Rotation?

brando123
12-18-2008, 03:23 PM
More than likely Blake dewitt will be playing 2nd. Well at least sharing time at 2nd with loretta. I Dont think it rules out Manny, only time will tell on that one. No way lowe is not going to come back. He made it very clear he was not happy in LA.

DarkShadow
12-18-2008, 03:41 PM
He made it very clear he was not happy in LA.

http://images.askmen.com/women/celeb_profiles_model/pictures/carolyn_hughes/carolyn_hughes.jpg

I thought Derrick Lowe LOVED L.A....

:Wink:

ThemBastards
12-18-2008, 03:59 PM
I would have to say that the Furcal signing was a prettys trong indicator that the Doyers are not going to get Manny. I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys land Sheets though.

KaliDawgFan
12-18-2008, 04:03 PM
I heard on the radio that the Dodgers were going to up their offer by one more year.

City Dad
12-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Doyers

DANM IT, TB! STOP MAKING FUN OF MY FAVORITE BASEBALL TEAM!!!!

WHEN YOU SAY THAT KIND OF STUFF IT MAKES ME WANT TO SMEAR YOU WITH COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM AND LEAVE YOU HANDCUFFED IN FRONT OF THE PACIFIC PALISADES JENNY CRAIG CENTER!!!!!!

... but seriously, Sheets?

ThemBastards
12-18-2008, 09:56 PM
DANM IT, IT MAKES ME WANT TO SMEAR YOU WITH COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM

Haha if I had a nickel.

... but seriously, Sheets?

Maybe,with the signing of a once "lost asset" such as Furcal I would assume no Manny, no Giambi because on the NL's insistance of making pitchers strike out or bunt, probably no Abreu(spelling?) because of his age and the whole Andruw scar, but then again Schmidt might make the D O D G E R S think twice about signing another injury prone pitchers.... so uh... I guess after this rum induced rant I can only say it was a gut feeling throwing Sheets' name out there. :Angry:

troutdog
12-18-2008, 10:14 PM
All I want for Chrismakah is a bat and a SP.....oh and baseball gets rid of the lame DH :Wink:

TD

baadfish69
12-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Haha if I had a nickel.

Maybe,with the signing of a once "lost asset" such as Furcal I would assume no Manny, no Giambi because on the NL's insistance of making pitchers strike out or bunt, probably no Abreu(spelling?) because of his age and the whole Andruw scar, but then again Schmidt might make the D O D G E R S think twice about signing another injury prone pitchers.... so uh... I guess after this rum induced rant I can only say it was a gut feeling throwing Sheets' name out there. :Angry:

IF Sheets can stay healthy, I wouldnt mind having him....but thats the problem. We've had too many pitcher signings where the pitcher hardly ever pitches due to injury.

I dont think the Dodgers are out of the race for Manny just yet, but it may be getting close. With rumors of the Yanks growing more interested and the Angels if they dont sign Tex......may just kill it for the Dodgers.

I just read today that there are talks of the Dodgers and Yanks in trade discussions......Matsui for Jones.....

troutdog
12-18-2008, 11:20 PM
IF Sheets can stay healthy, I wouldnt mind having him....but thats the problem. We've had too many pitcher signings where the pitcher hardly ever pitches due to injury.

I dont think the Dodgers are out of the race for Manny just yet, but it may be getting close. With rumors of the Yanks growing more interested and the Angels if they dont sign Tex......may just kill it for the Dodgers.

I just read today that there are talks of the Dodgers and Yanks in trade discussions......Matsui for Jones.....

It would be great of we can dump Jones....what a debacle that has become.

TD

Oz
12-19-2008, 12:39 AM

i'd take matsui for jones anyday.

DarkShadow
12-19-2008, 08:07 AM
i'd take matsui for jones anyday.

I'd take a pack of Senkos for Jones.

baadfish69
12-19-2008, 10:53 AM
i'd take a pack of senkos for jones.

:ROFL: Too funny!