PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Mt Baldy

sktruth
12-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Had to show these pics. Never seen so many in one place before...

Wingnut
12-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Pretty cool... :Cool: Must be a lot of Aphids around that area.

flyngby
12-21-2008, 08:44 PM
There is a canyon named Lady Bug Canyon about 9 Miles up from My house/Back yard where you will see the same scenes. Social bonding for the future of the breed!!!!!!

Nature is fantastic!!!!!

Great shots.

Steve

troutdog
12-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Very cool pictures, I saw a similar scene in the upper Kern River area....it was spring if I recall correctly though. Thanks for sharing.

TD

candyman
12-22-2008, 03:47 AM
The last time I saw something like that was at my "outdoor science camp" during the 6th grade :Big Grin: They were everywhere under big rocks and tree trunks, even twice as much as the ones in your picture. It was a crazy!

croix01
01-01-2009, 01:15 PM
i saw that while watching.."visiting with Huell Howser"...haha that guy is worse than cheech and chong......he sounds like hes high all the time.." oh wow that is just amazing" and its a lil flower growing with millions of others haha

Seng90806
01-01-2009, 01:34 PM
wow!!! get shot

smokinflies
01-02-2009, 11:59 AM
i saw that while watching.."visiting with Huell Howser"...haha that guy is worse than cheech and chong......he sounds like hes high all the time.." oh wow that is just amazing" and its a lil flower growing with millions of others haha

I seen that episode too. That dude that collects the ladybugs and sells them, must make some good money, because he didn't want to say where in California they were at.:Angry:

beano
01-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Ive seen this in Arizona outside of Payson, there were millions of them it was pretty cool!

hughpam
01-02-2009, 08:14 PM
They go up there every year for sort of a hibernation. I was on a construction crew about 10 years ago in the San Gregornio range, building a bridge that went into Winter. We had to remove the ice and lady bugs every morning before work.

That is where the nurseries get them for sale in those little buckets. Problem is that if you release them too soon in the year they just go back up.