PDA

View Full Version : JUNE, CONVICT PRE-REPORT QUESTION...ANY HELP?

Captain Castaic
06-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Hey sierra fishermen....I did not get a big response to a question I posted inthe general sec. so I will ask here. This is not a report..yet I am going to June and Convict in 2 weeks and I am taking my Bass Tracker to do some trolling.
QUESTION .Are there any engine size restrictions on these lakes? I dont think so but wanted more input. I have a 60 hp 4 stroke Merc. and will obviously obey speed limits as low as 5 but I was curious if there was any restrictions on engine size????

Thanks

C.C.

sierraslam
06-06-2007, 09:48 PM
No problems with your boat on Convict. I would however, get that Bass Tracker on Crowley while you are up there. Mcgee bay, Aligator Point, and the troll should be good. The overall size of your fish will be bigger at Crowley. That's not to say the inlet or backside of Convict won't produce some Alpers. good fishin!

Ryguy
06-07-2007, 07:55 AM
I dont know to much about trolling but when we were at june for opening day the hot ticket for trolling was a tasmanian devil lure we caught a few on it. And when you go to convict fish in front of the jetty right were it drops off its usual loaded with fish and fish the inlet area at convict. Some lures to try are some thomas bouyants and the trout teaser jigs usual work good for me. Good luck and have fun.

Ryguy

Hawkeye5447
06-07-2007, 08:55 AM
I see you up there in two weeks ill let you know if your engine is too loud. :lol: Ill be the jack ***** in the pontoon on convict.

Captain Castaic
06-07-2007, 01:36 PM
I see you up there in two weeks ill let you know if your engine is too loud. :lol: Ill be the jack ***** in the pontoon on convict.

TOO FUNNY!!! :rofl: