PDA

View Full Version : Stevens Creek Reservoir 10-29-08

Kimochou
12-13-2008, 11:06 PM
I thought I would share a bass caught recently at Stevens Creek Reservoir. I am new to the bay area and have not found much information about bass fishing from shore in Penninsula or South Bay lakes. I am finally getting settled in enough to start fishing again. I will happily share my findings and hope others will do the same. Two subsequent trips to SCR were slow and a smaller grade of fish. I also tried Calero on 12-10-08 for a couple of hours with only one small fish. Thanks.

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr350/kimochou/IMG00235.jpg

By the way, not my coke can or tennis ball and yes I picked them up and threw them away.

troutslayer05
12-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Nice fish....There are plenty of bass fishing lakes in the BAY! Lake merced is a great fishing lake in South SF they are currently planting huge amounts or trout there and it has some good bass in there as well. Shadow Cliffs has a back ponds that produce some good bass fishing as well. Thats in the East bay. You can PM me if you need info for anyother lakes, I grew up in the east bay and am moving back up there this month. Nice bass

Kimochou
12-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the info. I've only driven by lake Merced. Looks like pretty steep bank access from the road. SCR was not much better so I'm not complaining. My friend who was recovering from a leg injury couldn't even make it to the spot in the picture. I saw the log in the background on the picture from the top (about 30 feet up) and he was like, yeah - all yours. I'll PM you about other lakes as I get to them. I guess you and I both need to change our location information. Nice fish pictures from your other posts by the way. Any info on Bear Gulch Reservoir or the lakes at Almaden Lake Park (Bennett Lake and Lake Almaden) in San Jose?

Headhunter
12-21-2008, 08:32 AM
It's nice to see a report from stevens creek.

I grew up in Los Altos, and My dad would always take us up to Stevens Creek for fun. The reservoir was quite different in those days. It didn't have water in it all that often, and the surrounding area was kind of a mess. They've fixed it up to be quite a nice community resource, from what I can see.

One of my very earliest childhoood memories was of Stevens Creek Reservior. I must have been about 5 years old, and the reservoir was "dry". My dad wasn't paying attention, and I decided to wander off. I figured that because there was no water in the reservoir that I would simply walk across it. I got about halfway, and then I got trapped in the mud and began to sink. I sank up to my chest, and was scared as hell. They got the fire department out and they rescued me. I even made it on the news! I remember how angry my dad was, and him stripping me down and washing the mud off me with a hose at the side of the reservoir. The white plastic boots I was wearing are still there in the mud, now under water!

I want to go back up there someday, and fish....but this time I think I'll stay on the shore!