PDA

View Full Version : Drive to SAN QUINTIN 12/27 to 12/30

sansou
12-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Here's your chance to fish the fabled San Quintin area of Baja Norte, and target White Seabass, Bull Calicos, YT and Ling/rockcod.

I will be leaving San Diego bright and early Dec 27th for the 4 1/2 hour trek to SQ (200 miles from San Ysidro, CA). Plans are to stay at Don Eddie's and fish Dec 28th and 29th, and return the 30th.

As of right now, I have one open spot in my truck for a Team 57er. Ideal would be for a set of 2 or 3 other guys to caravan in another truck/suv, so that all 3 or 4 of us could share a panga.

Total cost of trip for 2 days fishing will vary depending on how many people go, but based on 4 fishing w/Pedro's on the F/V Garron (28ft, CC, 350 chevy), about $80 p/p/d (or $160 for both days). Shared lodging, food, cervezas, and Mex permit will run roughly $100. I would say $350 for todo todo (lodging, permit, cervezas & food).

I will setup lodging, pangas and miscellaneous. You just need to show up with a passport (or original or certified copy of US Birth certificate) and have a desire to fish, and not be a psycho in Mexico.

PM for more details if truly interested!

ghetto dad
12-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Have fun ricardo.....i might make the next one in 09.....i need to see how "things" go man....

GD

BIGRED KILLA
12-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Here's your chance to fish the fabled San Quintin area of Baja Norte, and target White Seabass, Bull Calicos, YT and Ling/rockcod.

I will be leaving San Diego bright and early Dec 27th for the 4 1/2 hour trek to SQ (200 miles from San Ysidro, CA). Plans are to stay at Don Eddie's and fish Dec 28th and 29th, and return the 30th.

As of right now, I have one open spot in my truck for a Team 57er. Ideal would be for a set of 2 or 3 other guys to caravan in another truck/suv, so that all 3 or 4 of us could share a panga.

Total cost of trip for 2 days fishing will vary depending on how many people go, but based on 4 fishing w/Pedro's on the F/V Garron (28ft, CC, 350 chevy), about $80 p/p/d (or $160 for both days). Shared lodging, food, cervezas, and Mex permit will run roughly $100. I would say $350 for todo todo (lodging, permit, cervezas & food).

I will setup lodging, pangas and miscellaneous. You just need to show up with a passport (or original or certified copy of US Birth certificate) and have a desire to fish, and not be a psycho in Mexico.

It is always a blast down there once you go you will always be back.I will be down there this week i just hope the weather lets us go.

Bigred

gallogg
12-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Sansou,

I wish I can go but maybe next time.
Keep me updated!

Sammy

deanhall32
12-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Rich,

I am ready to go!!!! Hope there is still room.

Dean

tacklejunkie
12-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Dang that sounds like it would be a killer trip! Wish I could go one of these days. Have fun down there guys.

sansou
12-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Ok folks...the train will be a leavin' bright and early Dec 27th outta SD. If any of you are thinking of going and want to join, now would be the time to speak up, because I will be finalizing reservations this monday.

Granny Fish
12-23-2008, 02:41 PM
I wish I could go. I can't rub two bills together at the moment. Want to sponsor me? :LOL:

olfishergal
12-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Ok folks...the train will be a leavin' bright and early Dec 27th outta SD. If any of you are thinking of going and want to join, now would be the time to speak up, because I will be finalizing reservations this monday.

have a great time Rich, Wish I could go but.......really low on funds these days....Would love to go with ya'll, maybe next year......OFG

BingJr
12-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Dam,

I have another trip on the 29th, otherwise I would be on that crazy train.. :(

CAPT'N
12-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Dang Sansou, I was in until that part about being Psycho in Mexico.................

Santa Fe Eric
12-28-2008, 10:28 PM
You just need to show up with a passport (or original or certified copy of US Birth certificate) and have a desire to fish, and not be a psycho in Mexico.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I think next year I will venture out more. I can't wait to read the report for this one. I love that "and not be a psycho in Mexico"!
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: