PDA

View Full Version : Team Panfish!!!

Seng90806
12-11-2008, 09:44 PM
if you like and enjoy fishing for panfish (crappie, bluegills, red ears, sunfish...etc) pm me to join in on some fun. we will be on a mission for that record panfish this upcoming year. pass it on and lets make this happen :LOL:

troutdog
12-11-2008, 10:01 PM
You looking to break the bluegill, crappie or redear record....or all of them! Good luck Seng I hope you achieve your goals...count me in on a mission or two!

TD

Rooster
12-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Team Panfish? Never heard of them :Neener Neener:

CASTAWAY
12-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Got Panfish?

Seng90806
12-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Team Panfish? Never heard of them :Neener Neener:

join the crew and you will soon get sick of them :Neener Neener: we will be hunting down those pan-size slabs this coming up year and someone will get one of these on their wall:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/lakerecordbluegill.jpg

Hitts0n
12-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Im off monday and tuesday.let meknow if you hit up Piru or whatever ! I still never fished with you guys !

MAVERICK27
12-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Looks like CRVZ has a headstart on you guys haha

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/picture.php?albumid=83&pictureid=616

Rooster
12-12-2008, 03:44 PM
OHH no,, Castaway now also? Holly smokes.. Is Team Panfish like a major Gang on the west side? :Envious:

Seng90806
12-12-2008, 04:25 PM
OHH no,, Castaway now also? Holly smokes.. Is Team Panfish like a major Gang on the west side? :Envious:

you could be next :LOL:

Rooster
12-12-2008, 04:51 PM
you could be next :LOL:
I must admit you got some quality anglers. Some of my favorites infact

fishmounter
12-12-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm in! I love Bluegills! I have been trying for years to get the "World Record" out of Perris. (Jigging a small frog colored Super Duper with a meal worm in deep water) I know it's in there! I've seen a couple over 3 pounds and hooked and lost one that was over 4! Otay is another big 'Gill lake. But you have to wait until about May for them to get active.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/bigGill.jpg

smokinflies
12-12-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm in! I love Bluegills! I have been trying for years to get the "World Record" out of Perris. (Jigging a small frog colored Super Duper with a meal worm in deep water) I know it's in there! I've seen a couple over 3 pounds and hooked and lost one that was over 4! Otay is another big 'Gill lake. But you have to wait until about May for them to get active.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/bigGill.jpg

Damn! I wanna catch blues like that! Where do I sign up?

Go Team Panfish!

NICKYMOUSE8
12-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Does ''team panfish'' practice catch and release ??? Panfish are not stocked!!!and they are vital to any body of water, Ive seen lakes totally depleted of panfish never to return again I hope your members are aware of the human angling population vs panfish population.I personally believe all panfish should be catch and release to grow bigger and ensure future years of enjoyment to the sport if all anglers would make more of a effort to preserve they we would observe a positive outcome yours to take in consideration.And a friendly question??

CASTAWAY
12-12-2008, 10:44 PM
If Crappie was pronounced Croppie, why not spell Crappie Croppie?

boy do I need some sleep....

apfish1969
12-12-2008, 10:46 PM
hey buddy let me know where to enrolled for your club

fishmounter
12-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Crappie...pronounced with a short "a" sound. It is spelled right. Also Nickymouse8...Bluegill need to be kept. Not the big ones, but the smaller ones, say the 6 to 8 inchers because they reproduce so quickly and lay so many eggs that they usually overpopulate a lake or pond and it ends up with tons of little 3 and 4 inch 'Gills everywhere. (Too many fish and not enough food = stunted panfish) It goes the same with Crappies. It is actually almost impossible to overfish a lake of it's Bluegill.

NICKYMOUSE8
12-12-2008, 11:51 PM
I agree release the big bulls,sad because they are most sought out after but isn't a size regulation prohibit the take of smaller panfish I think its like three inches or something.I too chase the big bulls when the time is right I released a 2 lb gill in late summer could never kill a fish that beautiful.oh BY the way fishmounter couldn't help but notice is that a 4wt you were using?/

crappiemike
12-13-2008, 01:04 AM
I hear what you say bro,, what you say about us
killing the panfish population is not true alright,, if
you look what we do is fishing thats all.. We might take
or harvest some fish to keep everthing in check!

And for me i'll do what ever i can to keep this population
around!!!!!

Teampanfish
0/g crappiemike

crappiemike
12-13-2008, 01:20 AM
i'm in! I love bluegills! I have been trying for years to get the "world record" out of perris. (jigging a small frog colored super duper with a meal worm in deep water) i know it's in there! I've seen a couple over 3 pounds and hooked and lost one that was over 4! Otay is another big 'gill lake. But you have to wait until about may for them to get active.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/biggill.jpg

nice gill my buddy!

Cm

NICKYMOUSE8
12-13-2008, 03:25 AM
[QUOTE=crappiemike;280186]I hear what you say bro,, what you say about us
killing the panfish population is not true alright,, if
you look what we do is fishing thats all.. We might take
or harvest some fish to keep everthing in check!

And for me i'll do what ever i can to keep this population
around!!!!!

Teampanfish
0/g crappiemike[/QUOTE ''What you say about us killing the panfish population''?

Crappiemike.you heard me wrong , where in my posts on this thread did I ever suggest that your ''team'' was responsible for killing panfish?Don't add words or speculate!I ASKED again ill say it again if ''Team blah blah''practices catch and release?Im sure ''harvesting''AKA killing fish is a great way to keep the population around and your doing all you can to protect blah blah!!!P.S LM bass should be the only ones to keep panfish on check or do we check them too on team bass??

saintarv
12-13-2008, 01:19 PM

Castaway is a wannabe. :ROFL:

CASTAWAY
12-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Castaway is a wannabe. :ROFL:

laughing out loud! at least i could catch fishes......:ROFL:

lizzay
12-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Does ''team panfish'' practice catch and release ??? Panfish are not stocked!!!and they are vital to any body of water, Ive seen lakes totally depleted of panfish never to return again I hope your members are aware of the human angling population vs panfish population.I personally believe all panfish should be catch and release to grow bigger and ensure future years of enjoyment to the sport if all anglers would make more of a effort to preserve they we would observe a positive outcome yours to take in consideration.And a friendly question??

I hear ya brotha, I just keep what's allowed by lake/state. I like to stay legal with my limits, they are there for a reason.

CASTAWAY
12-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I hear ya brotha, I just keep what's allowed by lake/state. I like to stay legal with my limits, they are there for a reason.

I wish I could always catch my limits.....

calico killer kevin
12-14-2008, 11:20 AM
laughing out loud! at least i could catch fishes......:ROFL:
Haha, perfect avatar for you.
Cause that's all he can catch.:ROFL:

CASTAWAY
12-14-2008, 11:29 AM

Yeah, the student eventually becomes the master....

Ummm, anyone want to catch gills with me....:Big Grin:

Seng90806
12-15-2008, 03:41 PM

the bull gills are harder to catch than you think...anyone can catch fish but targeting those monster is a pretty hard task :LOL:

Seng90806
12-15-2008, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=crappiemike;280186]

Crappiemike.you heard me wrong , where in my posts on this thread did I ever suggest that your ''team'' was responsible for killing panfish?Don't add words or speculate!I ASKED again ill say it again if ''Team blah blah''practices catch and release?Im sure ''harvesting''AKA killing fish is a great way to keep the population around and your doing all you can to protect blah blah!!!P.S LM bass should be the only ones to keep panfish on check or do we check them too on team bass??

its not "team blah blah" its TEAM PANFISH

lizzay
12-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah, the student eventually becomes the master....

Ummm, anyone want to catch gills with me....:Big Grin:

Seng is my master for panfish but It's gonna take a bit to outbeat him. You should see his eyes light up red when he's in the "kill zone"

NICKYMOUSE8
12-15-2008, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=NICKYMOUSE8;280198]

its not "team blah blah" its TEAM PANFISHOH OKAY!''Team Panfish''.Does your Team promote/practice Catch&Release ???on panfish???

Seng90806
12-15-2008, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=Seng90806;281202]OH OKAY!''Team Panfish''.Does your Team promote/practice Catch&Release ???on panfish???

as long as its within the rules/law you can do pretty much whatever you want with the fish you catch

NICKYMOUSE8
12-15-2008, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=NICKYMOUSE8;281240]

as long as its within the rules/law you can do pretty much whatever you want with the fish you catchYes you can ''Deng''90806 I know the rules and regulations very well.But that doesn't very well answer my question or is it you are one of those incapable fisherman?And yet you feel you have to remind me of you rights. And ignore a aspect of true fishing sportsmanship that is practicing conservation efforts LIKE CATCH & RELEASE on big breeder Pan fish
to insure the fisheries here in SO.CAL for others and future generations to enjoy you don't strike me as the type represent a fishing team if no conservation efforts are practiced.go ahead blah blah blah

Seng90806
12-15-2008, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=Seng90806;281244]Yes you can ''Deng''90806 I know the rules and regulations very well.But that doesn't very well answer my question or is it you are one of those incapable fisherman?And yet you feel you have to remind me of you rights. And ignore a aspect of true fishing sportsmanship that is practicing conservation efforts LIKE CATCH & RELEASE on big breeder Pan fish
to insure the fisheries here in SO.CAL for others and future generations to enjoy you don't strike me as the type represent a fishing team if no conservation efforts are practiced.go ahead blah blah blah

ME and members of TEAM PANFISH have caught and release more fish then you can imagine...leave it at that!!! if u have something smart to say PM me and we can handle it privately

smokinflies
12-15-2008, 08:48 PM

Dude what lake did you see get totally depleted of panfish? Downey Lake? Dude quit being a tree hugger. Anyways how is it that you care about the depleting of the panfish, but not the extinction of the sucker fish or those stupid frogs that caused the stocking of trout? I'm sure if there was a depletion of any fish in any lake the tree huggers would be all over it.

Go Team Panfish!

NICKYMOUSE8
12-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Dude what lake did you see get totally depleted of panfish? Downey Lake? Dude quit being a tree hugger. Anyways how is it that you care about the depleting of the panfish, but not the extinction of the sucker fish or those stupid frogs that caused the stocking of trout? I'm sure if there was a depletion of any fish in any lake the tree huggers would be all over it.

Go Team Panfish!Funny hearing this from someone who use to talk crap about me fishing all the time ,and a nice way to thank me for showing you how to fly fish,you poser~!Oh no I TAKE IT BACK your really above my level and you know more about fishing & biodiversity than me? F#$% I GUESS you learned everything from watching V.S channel in six months Oh & if IT weren't for me you wouldn't even know about FNN so just sit your *** behind the curtain and shut up ! stop posting in others discussions CUZ!!P.S Im a tree hugger!!!!for standing up and advocating C&R!! enjoy fishing and learning new things with your new found fishing crew cause the ''REAL'' locals in my backyard know whos who>>

CASTAWAY
12-16-2008, 07:28 AM
''Team blah blah''

''Deng''90806

You could spell biodiversity, but seeing those errors I
will assume it was intentional. Which makes me question your
intentions. Should I be more cautious when I'm out fishing?

smokinflies
12-16-2008, 07:46 AM
Funny hearing this from someone who use to talk crap about me fishing all the time ,and a nice way to thank me for showing you how to fly fish,you poser~!Oh no I TAKE IT BACK your really above my level and you know more about fishing & biodiversity than me? F#$% I GUESS you learned everything from watching V.S channel in six months Oh & if IT weren't for me you wouldn't even know about FNN so just sit your *** behind the curtain and shut up ! stop posting in others discussions CUZ!!P.S Im a tree hugger!!!!for standing up and advocating C&R!! enjoy fishing and learning new things with your new found fishing crew cause the ''REAL'' locals in my backyard know whos who>>

Ouch! That hurts!

Dude, just let go. If you really have a problem with the depletion of the panfish and want to make a stand, do something about it, start a petition, and take it up with the DFG or the state court. Don't argue about it on FNN, because you're not going to get anywhere, unless you're just trying to start a fight. And where do you get 6 months from? I've been fishing besides you for all most a year now, I never said I was better then you, did I, but if you want to say a am, more power to you. Oh, it wasn't just vs. channel that I got some of my teachings from. Don't forget outdoor network, and WFN, FNN, www, and now Team Panfish, because you said you couldn't teach me everything, right? And I never talked crap about you fishing all the time, I only talked crap about the lake you were fishing. And I think I thanked you for teaching me how to fly fishing, by asking you to go fishing with me and helping you with things that you don't know (live your vehicle). And if that's not enough I'll say it again, "I'm thankful for you teaching me the basics, but like you said, it's time for me to move on." Anyways, you're the one that hype me up on fly fishing, telling me that I should fly fish, so don't get mad at me like I made you teach me. And if you don't want anyone to intrude in your discussion, why don't you P.M. the guy instead of posting in a public forum. And I never said I was a Legg Lake local, and anyways almost all of those locals in your backyard are poachers that are illegally fishing and depleting your lake of panfish and bass, which you're not doing anything about. Dude let's just end this with me being a poser and you being an a-hole, before we start hating each other, and it end up with us felling uncomfortable whenever we met on the lake or at family gatherings. I'm sure you're just not thinking right because of the meds and lack of puff, puff, give. Sorry about calling you a tree hugger, i should of said fish hugger.:ROFL: J/K Lates.

P.S. Love you primo. :ROFL:

Go Team Panfish!

NICKYMOUSE8
12-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Ok,:Embarrassed: I admit that was harsh I don't come on this website to start a fuss with anyone.I hate drama,And im wise enough to swallow my own pride and move on if you guys are!I guess im a crazy about panfish and would like to see more C&R on those frisky fighters.that's all so I apologize to my primo & team panfish I hope no offense was taken personally and I hope one day maybe we could all meet up and do what we love to do SLAM EM!!!peace from the mouse

FISH_HUNTER
12-16-2008, 03:52 PM
:Popcorn: man just when it was getting good! glad you guys kissed and made up :Pillow Fight: Seng/Cmike you know you guys are the slab slayers!! good luck in 09

Seng90806
12-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Team Panfish anyone wants to join in on some slab hunting let me know...our adventure will be starting soon :LOL:

BIGRED KILLA
12-17-2008, 02:57 PM
I love it its just like watching the Hills.

Bigred

GeordyBass
12-17-2008, 05:34 PM
"bluegillmaster818"...lol...

I'll wear your colors when i'm on my Gill' or panfishy feva' days(april,may,beginning of June)!!!lol...I'll stick to the flattie and stripey feva' for the moment,,,then i'll go kill those lil' basstards by the hundreds!!!!:Twisted:

Troutman65
12-17-2008, 05:46 PM
This was a roller coaster read.:LOL::Wink: Go Team Panfish !!!

Seng90806
12-17-2008, 11:45 PM
This was a roller coaster read.:LOL::Wink: Go Team Panfish !!!

im just glad the roller coster ended smoothly :LOL:

PUDD MASTER BAITER
12-18-2008, 07:56 AM
Not so quick. At the pudd. I see these same guys ,that know how to catch the giant crappies. Every day i see the same couple of guys ,in boats come in ,with big baskets of crappies ,over 2 lbs. ,and the jacked up thing about it is ,they give them to the shore fisherman. Now thats just plain called rape. The regulars who show up ,to catch the big pan fish from the piers, come every day in the spring ,and keep baskets full of big crappies ,and red ear. Now how much can you eat .when you come every day ,and do this. Then these same guys every year ,complain cause after a couple of weeks ,they cant catch any thing. Its bugged me for years. I dont know about you guys, but the feel of a giant red ear with 2lb leader ,and my 3wt powell fly set up is a rush,or an occational big crappie. The fishing would be better if people would just keep the smaller pan fish ,but you cant convince them.

lizzay
12-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Not so quick. At the pudd. I see these same guys ,that know how to catch the giant crappies. Every day i see the same couple of guys ,in boats come in ,with big baskets of crappies ,over 2 lbs. ,and the jacked up thing about it is ,they give them to the shore fisherman. Now thats just plain called rape. The regulars who show up ,to catch the big pan fish from the piers, come every day in the spring ,and keep baskets full of big crappies ,and red ear. Now how much can you eat .when you come every day ,and do this. Then these same guys every year ,complain cause after a couple of weeks ,they cant catch any thing. Its bugged me for years. I dont know about you guys, but the feel of a giant red ear with 2lb leader ,and my 3wt powell fly set up is a rush,or an occational big crappie. The fishing would be better if people would just keep the smaller pan fish ,but you cant convince them.

Everyday is just too much, especially when they aren't for your household's consumption. If you were gonna give them to strangers at the lake then might as well just throw them back in.

BingJr
12-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Bottom Line, if the Panfish at any lake continue to be brought in by the dozens day after day after day, the days of WFO fishing will be no more. It is just that simple. You will not continue to have WFO fishing for panfish year after year if the populations are slaughtered. It is of course legal to keep this many so I say go right ahead, but realize this is not a never ending phenomenon. I know TP does harvest their catches with conscious, but I have seen many others who do not.

crappiemike
12-18-2008, 01:32 PM

hey mike your are correct on that, just want to clear the waters with me and teampanfish,
you know what i do with these slabs that i catch early every year, they go right back in
the pudd hole to lay them eggs for all of us to catch in our future!! i think i spoke to you
last year on this same issue? since i been fishing puddinstone lake I NEVER sacked one
of any type of PANFISH EVER!!!

as you know when spring time comes around the pudd gets slammed on anything that bites the hook of these fisherman....

thnx for the truth on this matter!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/crappiemike/tn-1.jpg

TP
CRAPPIEMIKE

one_leg
12-18-2008, 01:53 PM
If there is a lot of forage there will be lots of fish to eat it, right?

tree huggers and fish buggerers

What do you guys do when you catch a big sunfish like a LMB?
Are you disappointed?
Do LMB waste your time that could be better spent panfishing?
If you caught the world record bluegill but had to kill it to earn the record I think every one of you would do it.

Killing panfish is fun!!!

BingJr
12-18-2008, 06:19 PM
If there is a lot of forage there will be lots of fish to eat it, right?

tree huggers and fish buggerers

What do you guys do when you catch a big sunfish like a LMB?
Are you disappointed?
NO, I would laugh at how a big sunfish swallowed my 9" long zara spook!

Do LMB waste your time that could be better spent panfishing?
I dont do much of either so no time wasted! Time spent with the good folk of TP is time not deducted from your life, plus they all make me laugh my *** off, especially the look on CM's face when he has to pull up his crappie light to go catfishing!

If you caught the world record bluegill but had to kill it to earn the record I think every one of you would do it.

If I caught the world record bluegill it would only be because it was stuck in the throat of a really big striper I just landed and It would probably already be dead.

Killing panfish is fun!!! Really, I dont find much fun in the kill, its the catch and the eat that is fun, thats why I never take more than I need and always put the rest back.

CASTAWAY
12-18-2008, 06:32 PM
I agree with the catch and the eating part... The killing part
stinks...

I can't wait to catch my first three pound Crappie. Yes, it will be
my dinner, not the guy with a bucket already full of Panfish....:ROFL:

ghetto dad
12-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Dang, all kinds of sub-teams grouping up on FNN...thats cool.......

GD

crappiemike
12-18-2008, 09:13 PM
I agree with the catch and the eating part... The killing part
stinks...

I can't wait to catch my first three pound Crappie. Yes, it will be
my dinner, not the guy with a bucket already full of Panfish....:ROFL:

crappie fishing at it's finest!!!! three pound slab!!! 18inches!!!!!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/crappiemike/PERRISSLABBY-1-1.jpg

THIS IS WHAT'S OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEAMPANFISH
CRAPPIEMIKE

CASTAWAY
12-18-2008, 09:23 PM
crappie fishing at it's finest!!!! three pound slab!!! 18inches!!!!!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/crappiemike/PERRISSLABBY-1-1.jpg

THIS IS WHAT'S OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEAMPANFISH
CRAPPIEMIKE

........:Worship:.........

ghetto dad
12-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Hey mike, I just want to know if after you got home, put your boat up in the yard, and took that pic...did you release that fish???? :ROFL: Nice fish man.......

GD

crappiemike
12-18-2008, 09:39 PM
hey mike, i just want to know if after you got home, put your boat up in the yard, and took that pic...did you release that fish???? :rofl: Nice fish man.......

Gd

i kept this fish you know why? It wasn't from the pudd hole!!!lol!!!

Cm

Seng90806
12-19-2008, 02:43 AM
i kept this fish you know why? It wasn't from the pudd hole!!!lol!!!

Cm

thats cuz the pudd hole aint got no crappie :LOL: that lake full of dinks

Seng90806
12-19-2008, 02:44 AM
Dang, all kinds of sub-teams grouping up on FNN...thats cool.......

GD

GD,

wana join up? you can tag along on some of our slab missions :LOL:

ghetto dad
12-19-2008, 12:37 PM
GD,

wana join up? you can tag along on some of our slab missions :LOL:

sup homie...thats really cool of you brother....im at yet another place in my life where its making it hard to do any fishing...but i DEFINITELY wanna fish with you guys soon brother......i appreciate it seng.....btw, stop flaking on coming down here, let me know when you need to....ok.....lol....peace

GD

Seng90806
12-21-2008, 12:42 AM
sup homie...thats really cool of you brother....im at yet another place in my life where its making it hard to do any fishing...but i DEFINITELY wanna fish with you guys soon brother......i appreciate it seng.....btw, stop flaking on coming down here, let me know when you need to....ok.....lol....peace

GD

i feel what your going thru....just hang in there and handle your business cuz fishing will always be here when you're ready...i'll show up one of these days and surprise you when i need some mackerel for catfishin'