PDA

View Full Version : JUST RETURNED!!!Going to Bridgeport Twin Lakes - June 14 -18

endowsmoke
06-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Has anyone fished here recently or heard any news? Going up 14th through the 18th and staying near the lower twin. Any advice or news would be great! Thanks

High Sierra Junkie
06-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Both lakes have been blown out by wind for the last two days, no boats out at all. But it is quieting down today and it is supposed to be great by this weekend.

Best for trolling: Trolling worms behind flashers or dodgers

Best for shore fisherman: Inflated night crawlers or red/gold Thomas Bouyants.

Check the boat house at lower Twin when you arrive for the best up-to-date reports.

DanKBecker
06-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Has anyone fished here recently or heard any news? Going up 14th through the 18th and staying near the lower twin. Any advice or news would be great! Thanks

I will be at Lundy Lake (next canyon over) on the same dates. I (and 4 other people) will be driving a beige mazda pickup, and you are more than welcome to come by. Well be doing the usuall; drinking, fishing, enjoying the greenery...if you get my drift.

endowsmoke
06-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the info HSJ, hopefully it won't be windy when we are up there.

Thanks Dan, I will keep an eye out for you. We rented a boat the whole time on the lower twin, so I am not sure how much we will be fishing other areas. Our trip sounds about the same, cigars, drinking, and fishing.

Good luck at Lundy.

High Sierra Junkie
06-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the info HSJ, hopefully it won't be windy when we are up there.
No problem brutha! Let us know how you did when you get back!

endowsmoke
06-07-2007, 02:57 PM
I will definitely post some pics when I return. Thanks again.

TIGHTLINES420
06-07-2007, 05:21 PM
I just got back from a 9 day trip to Mammoth and the first lake we fished was upper twin and my first 3 were a 6,5, and 3. All Alpers all on salmon egg power bait and all delicious! My buddy couldnt believe it and neither could I but its what happend. Anyways this could get way long so here it is. We fished upper twin every single day twice and caught easily over 200 trout if not way more. We only kept about 30 from the whole trip and some great 2+lb. Germans that looked so killer. Take your thomas bouyants and plenty of power bait and you will do great. The key was having a aluminum boat and trolling motor, go to the waterfall and keep working spots to the far left of the waterfall and you'll hook up. I owe it all to freshone cause he got us on the spot everytime and he really knew what he was doing up there so thanks again Mike it was an epic trip that will be hard to top out there.

endowsmoke
06-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Just returned from the trip and it was awesome. Weather was incredibly warm, in the 80's during the day. In the mornings (6am)and late evenings, we were able to fish in shorts and t-shirts.

With 7 of us fishing, we caught well over 100 trout for the trip. I caught the jackpot fish at 4.6 pounds on power bait. Most of the other fish were in the usual range. Most of the fish were caught on the green/chartruese GULP powerbait and pink gulp salmon eggs. Also I think the Powerbait dip worked well, the ROE flavor was killer for me. A few were hauled in with Thomas Bouyants.

Will post pics in the next couple of days when we get all of pics together.