PDA

View Full Version : Sport King - June 1

npdes
06-06-2007, 09:10 AM
This is my first post, I've been checking out the site for weeks but haven't had much to report. Then I went out on the Sport King Friday, June 1 and caught lots of barracuda. I wanted to post right when I got home but had to wait and get "authorized." Anyway, I caught my limit, then caught about 8 sand bass (kept 4), and 5 sculpin. It was my first cattle boat of the year and proved to be a great day. I even won my first jackpot! Awesome! I only have one, bad picture of the jackpot 'cuda. It was taken with my cellphone. Glad to be part of the board and an official poster! I'm probably heading out on the Sport King this Friday and hopefully will have a second post.

I'm not sure if I added the picture correctly. Oh well, I'll do better next time. I figured it out, now I just have to figure out how to "downsize" the picture. Ok, I figured it out.

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/CudaJune1resized.JPG

hakaveli
06-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Welcome . Nice going on the fish and jackpot looking forward to ur reports

ghetto dad
06-06-2007, 09:53 AM
GREAT JOB MAN!!! THAT CELL PHONE PIC IS ACTUALLY THE BEST ONE IVE SEEN!! WAS BRUCE RUNNING THE BOAT THAT DAY????

Sea Monkey
06-06-2007, 10:01 AM
That's a great cell phone picture! Congrats on your catch & 1st post!

xahx
06-06-2007, 12:12 PM
rofl! WHAT KINDA PHONE U GOT? gotta get me onE!

npdes
06-06-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure of the Captain, but whoever it was, he did a great job. Everyone on the boat was great. And my cellphone is a Treo!

JapanRon
06-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi npdes,

Good job on the pic and great report. See the SK at CAT often. Thank you! Nobody is going to Catalina with this bite going on!! :lol: :lol:

JapanRon

valhalla_1_2000
06-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Just curious, is there any particular question somebody would actually affirmatively attempt to catch a barracuda? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against cat food or garden fertilizer, but is there something else I'm missing here?

ghetto dad
06-07-2007, 06:46 AM
Just curious, is there any particular question somebody would actually affirmatively attempt to catch a barracuda? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against cat food or garden fertilizer, but is there something else I'm missing here?

they are fun to catch on the iron....as far as eating them, they are ok if you prepare them right and cut out all the dark meat....

brezm
06-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Nice fish, welcome to the boards, What landing does the boat go out of?

Oz
06-07-2007, 09:18 AM
welcome to the board :) congrats on ya great day and JP too.

Wingnut
06-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Welcome and congrats on a successful trip! :D

npdes
06-07-2007, 01:25 PM
The Sport King is out of San Pedro. Again, a great boat and crew. As far as Barracuda fishing, it is a major blast! It's really exciting to catch them and you can see them hit your iron. It's usually a major feeding frenzy.

As far as eating them, I smoke them and they taste great. I even just BBQ with one of those Lawry's marinades or Teriyaki sauce and even my wife who doesn't like "strong" fish enjoys it.

lakersmn
06-08-2007, 09:28 AM
smoked cuda is great! anyone know if the cuda are still hanging around the shoe or have they moved out?

Hitts0n
06-08-2007, 01:23 PM
nice pics! :thumb: