PDA

View Full Version : Unhooking question...

lalo56
12-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Say im surf fishing with a LC and happen to hook on a shark. How do you unhook it? Do you cut the leader and lose your lure? I rather lose a lure than a finger but which method do you use? Thanks.

ghetto dad
12-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Say im surf fishing with a LC and happen to hook on a shark. How do you unhook it? Do you cut the leader and lose your lure? I rather lose a lure than a finger but which method do you use? Thanks.

That shark would NOT get my LC......

GD

lalo56
12-09-2008, 12:34 PM
That shark would NOT get my LC......

GD

How would you unhook it? Long Pliers? 6" I just need advice before i even try the surf.

MAVERICK27
12-09-2008, 12:36 PM
ask your buddy to do it :)

lalo56
12-09-2008, 12:37 PM
ask your buddy to do it :)

lol buddy would be the girlfriend lol.

MAVERICK27
12-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Ohhhh, even i'm not that evil..I wanna meet the woman that would even get NEAR a shark haha

Ricky-Ray
12-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Depending on how big the shark is and what type. If it's small I would probably try it with a pair of long pliers like 8" or longer and if it's right at the mouth. Anything else, cut it, save a finger and go to the tackle shop and get another lure.

fishhead
12-09-2008, 01:02 PM
just grab the shark by the tail ,drag it up unhook it with pliers and put the shark back in the drink.You need to worry about the hooks not any teeth..

mickeysindahouse
12-09-2008, 01:49 PM
It's highly unlikely you'll hook up to a shark big enough that you have to fear for your limbs or fingers. But in the event that you do, take an object (buddy's pliers) or a piece of wood (plenty on LBC shores) and use it to keep the mouth from closing. Take your pliers and retrieve your LC.

Otherwise, flip PETA off and take that sucker home. By the time you get there, its should have not life left in it to bite you.

Watch out for the big bad Great White!

lalo56
12-09-2008, 01:53 PM
It's highly unlikely you'll hook up to a shark big enough that you have to fear for your limbs or fingers. But in the event that you do, take an object (buddy's pliers) or a piece of wood (plenty on LBC shores) and use it to keep the mouth from closing. Take your pliers and retrieve your LC.

Otherwise, flip PETA off and take that sucker home. By the time you get there, its should have not life left in it to bite you.

Watch out for the big bad Great White!

LOL. Using stick does make sense. Thank you.

soulsurfer
12-09-2008, 05:23 PM
You should check Wingnut's previous posts regarding removing the LC from a shark. That boy got the right stuff.

mickeysindahouse
12-09-2008, 06:32 PM
LOL. Using stick does make sense. Thank you.
You're a party pooper!!
I was trying to set up a future post we'd never forget.:ROFL:

lalo56
12-09-2008, 06:35 PM
you're a party pooper!!
i was trying to set up a future post we'd never forget.:rofl:

lol :rofl:
I love sticking my stick in mouths