PDA

View Full Version : Dana Point Trip Monday 12/08

Koshaw
12-09-2008, 06:35 AM
It was a nice day, the sky was overcast with scattered dark and light clouds with small holes of blue sky showing. The wind was blowing from the shore out to sea at 5mph. The waves were tiny.

John, Tracy, and I headed out about 930am from the private boat launch area aboard a 20' Bayliner with a 150hp outboard that can do 35 knotts in good weather.

We started out on our 6 hour fishing tour. Beyond the breakwater the waves started up and became worse as we headed towards the nuke plant...the tiny ship was tossed...if not for the courage of the fearless crew... oh sorry wrong story...

So after battling the waves and hanging on, we got out past the
'nuke power plant' and started drifting...the waves however were getting wayyy too big and so after one cast we packed up and headed home... again battling the waves all the way back and getting soaked.

The day continued to be beautiful. We saw terns, gulls, seals, dolphin, pelicans along the way.

It was worth just going out just being there and seeing the scenery.

We got back, and helped john rinse off the boat, trailer, fishing poles, unpacked the boat and packed the stuff in the truck, while he parked the boat in his slip. We headed to John's house where we got to visit with his great dog and he treated us to Filet Mignon and Lobster that he caught recently! Those were fantastic and were a few lbs tails alone.

After a few hours of food and great dinner conversation I headed home.

Heres's for Tracy for being a trooper in braving the waves and Jonn for having us along!

Cheers!

PS we are gonna do it again :D

Chuck

Tail Chaser
12-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Sounds like most of the trip was fun.
35 knots in good weather?
How fast were you moving when the waves were coming over the bow?
Did Mary Ann and Ginger look good in there wet Tee Shirts after being sprayed by some waves?
O'Yea... That was the other trip.

Koshaw
12-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Sounds like most of the trip was fun.
35 knots in good weather?
How fast were you moving when the waves were coming over the bow?
Did Mary Ann and Ginger look good in there wet Tee Shirts after being sprayed by some waves?
O'Yea... That was the other trip.

hehhehee. I was off by 5 knots. It is 30 knots max for that ship.

But yea, the water was coming over the bow and hitting us straight on as well as on the sides :D

John the pilot was angling the ship as well so we suffered much less that we could have :D water wise.

He has a sweet ship and knows the waters and his ship well. I believe he got it in 95.

I definitely want to go again!

Wingnut
12-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Wow Chuck, sounds like you guys had quite an adventure out there.
The fish will still be there waiting for you guys next time. :Wink:
Steak & Lobster dinner... yummy! :Big Grin:
Talk to ya soon. :Cool:

LateFisher
12-09-2008, 01:12 PM
HEY, CHUCK SORRY ABOUT THE SKUNK :Angry:, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE, ALTHOUGH COLD, BUT THEN STEAK AND LOBSTER, WHO CAN COMPLAIN !!!!!!!!!

Troutman65
12-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Hey Chuck, nice report. Too bad about the waves being to big for you all to fish. Thanks for the report. You will get the fish next time.:Wink:

BIGRED KILLA
12-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Hey Chuck sounds like a crazy adventure.Better luck next time.

Bigred

Koshaw
12-09-2008, 02:37 PM
TY all :D We are not discouraged and will go back out again!

JapanRon
12-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi Koshaw,

Ah Mr or Ms Skunk .... it appears !! Being out .... that's what it's about .... with good folks !!

JapanRon

supasportkid
12-09-2008, 10:44 PM
atleast you made it back safe to make the report! thanks for the read

troutdog
12-10-2008, 01:03 AM
Wow that was quite an adventure Koshaw. Granted it was a little short lived, but being on the ocean is always an awesome experience regardless of the time spent fishing.

Hey buddy keep the momentum going.....scaling down steep cliffs at the Vine for trout limits one day, sailing the high seas of the Pacific the next, what is on your upcoming agenda? I could see the reality show coming to life as I type...."Extreme Eco-Tours With Chuck" or maybe "Koshaw v Wild" :Wink: Seriously though I think that is awesome, looks like you are enjoying your days off to the fullest :Thumbs Up:

I like steak n lobster :Big Grin:

TD

Koshaw
12-10-2008, 05:24 AM
Wow that was quite an adventure Koshaw. Granted it was a little short lived, but being on the ocean is always an awesome experience regardless of the time spent fishing.

Hey buddy keep the momentum going.....scaling down steep cliffs at the Vine for trout limits one day, sailing the high seas of the Pacific the next, what is on your upcoming agenda? I could see the reality show coming to life as I type...."Extreme Eco-Tours With Chuck" or maybe "Koshaw v Wild" :Wink: Seriously though I think that is awesome, looks like you are enjoying your days off to the fullest :Thumbs Up:

I like steak n lobster :Big Grin:

TD

Thanks man =) Ya it was a blast...my buddy has that boat and invited us out again during calmer weather. Lobster, halibut, rock cod, white sea bass baby!
Maybe sometime ya could come with TD!

Tail Chaser
12-10-2008, 10:31 AM
A wet boat ride with poor fishing is much more fun at 1.90 gal.
Then it is at 4.80 gal.

troutdog
12-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks man =) Ya it was a blast...my buddy has that boat and invited us out again during calmer weather. Lobster, halibut, rock cod, white sea bass baby!
Maybe sometime ya could come with TD!

That would awesome, just let me know!

TD

Koshaw
12-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Will do bro!