PDA

View Full Version : East Walker River

sb fishing
12-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Turkey Day 2008 and 1st week of December.

StayBent Guides Mundo and Junior spent some time on the E.W.

Turkey day was productive. The fishing was good to very good but Junior spent most of his day behind the camera. Between us both, we landed 15 fish in 4 different species (Browns, Bows, Cutts, Perch) with the biggest being a 5-6 lb Brown.

The 1st week of Dec proved to be better for Junior as I spent most of my day behind the camera. Fishing was good, we landed a total of 13, Mundo with the biggest Brown, right at 4 lbs. Junior landed a total of 5 browns all from 16 to 18 inches.

Here's a few pictures, Hope you enjoy!

deanhall32
12-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Beautiful!!! Must be nice living up in that country!!! Those fish had some serious girth to em!!

Badfish2
12-08-2008, 04:36 PM
awesome sized browns dude... I spent a lot of time on the walker this last season, might head up there sometime this winter

sb fishing
12-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks! Look us up! We're always looking for someone to fish with!

DCCTrouserTrout
12-08-2008, 06:31 PM
East Walker is my favorite place to fish... There are some pigs in there

smokinflies
12-08-2008, 08:40 PM
I know this is off the subject, but has anyone fished Lane Lake and Roosevelt Lake off of highway 108. I fished it once back in '97. I think it's about an hour or two hike off highway 108 by the West Walker River. I had the best fishing experience of my life, at those two lakes. Nothing but native fish in those lakes, and the only way in or out is hiking. I've always been wanting to go back, but no one I know is willing to do the hike. Just wanted to share that.

Granny Fish
12-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Nice report... :Cool:

You know as many times as I have been through that area, I have still not fished the Walker?

We were driving through Thanksgiving weekend and we actually thought about it, but decided on somewhere else that day. We did stop at the Meadowview Cafe for a great breakfast. I hear the cafe is for sale. I sure wish I could buy it. :Wink:

Junior
12-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Granny: Next time your up, you gotta stop and fish the walker! its too good not to!

Smokin: I was up at Roosevelt and Lane earlier this season, unfortunatly only made one trip up there but had a great 2 1/2 days! I would say 100+ fish between the 2 1/2 days I spent fishing. It was nothing short of epic. I broke off one of the biggest brookies I have ever seen in those lakes, had to be around 14-16 inches.

SB Fishin: Thanks for the "behind the camera" comment, good thing I made up for it the second day, if I remember right the end-o-the-day fish count was heavily in my favor. (lets not talk about the 1st day)

tracker13
12-19-2008, 12:15 PM
First Class Fish, From Some Class Act Guys! :Beer Toast:

Merry Christmas And Good Fishing In The New Year To The StayBent Family:Group Hug:

P.S. :Dog Piss::ROFL: Travis

sb fishing
12-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks T-13, need your number. We need to get together some beers and fishing!

pattitude
12-20-2008, 04:17 PM
great looking fish, I fished EW in may, didn't have any luck. I'm going back next year!!!

Trout-Slayer77
12-22-2008, 04:32 PM
way to go on some great looking browns... gotta love the E-Dub, cant wait to make it back up there and try out the new flyrod. Ill stop in kens to say what up, and get the low down.