PDA

View Full Version : 6/3 fishing am LB city

toofastq
06-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Hello fellow fisherman!!!
First off, gotta give PROPS to JapanRon. He assisted me on choosing a charter boat for my annual father's day trip with my father, brother in-law, father in-law, and uncle in-law.

I really don't like to get on charters on the weekend, but b/c of my father in-laws work schedule that is the only time we can go out. I contacted JapanRon about what might be some good charters for a 1/2 day and he referred me to LB City, Matt Walsh and Southern Cal. THANKS again JapanRon.

Anywayz, back to the report. Got to the landing around 6:15 am with the LB city schedule to leave at 7:00 am. Fortunately, got a spot on the corner of the stern :lol: SUPER STOKED!!!!

But then as it got closer to 7:00 am noticed ALOT of people starting to line up. Previous days count had like 15 anglers, we had something like 58 YIKES!! Still, it was a good day!!

Between me and the 4 others with me we caught 6 barracudas. It was WFO.. Super cool to see the barracuda come up and hit my sardine about 5 ft off the surface.

I caught 2 barracuda. One off a fly line, and another off a iron jig. Funny thing was the cuda I caught off the jig hit me as I was fixing my birds nest. :oops: Hey, I'll take it anyway I can get it.

All in all everyone had a good time. Thanks again JapanRon..
Til' next post, tight lines....

http://family.webshots.com/album/549740959kWdqxO

Sorry, about all the family shots... Couldn't get just a pic of the fish on big enough scale to share..

Funjunkie74
06-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Nice pictures. I love family pictures!! The smiles tell a better story than any words can.

Great job on the barries!!

JapanRon
06-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Hi toofastq,

You're welcome my friend. LBSF is also a landing you'll want to hit sometime too. Only reason I didn't suggest a boat doing 1/2-day duties from there .... more than likely would be the icon ... is that I hadn't noticed if they were back on line again from getting repowered.

That should be a great boat ..... especially if my buddy is skippering!! :wink:

Maybe ghetto dad can give us an update on return schedule.

BACK TO TOPIC: Yikes ... that's a lot of anglers!!

JapanRon

boxl0bster
06-06-2007, 12:34 AM
nice report! glad you had a good time! fishing for cudas is always fun!

ghetto dad
06-06-2007, 08:03 AM
HEY RON.......A 1/2 DAY IS IN THE WORKS AS WE SPEAK......THE ICON LEAVES AT 8, AND THE NATIVE LEAVES AT 6...BOTH 3/4....SORRY, NOT TRYING TO SPAM, JUST ANSWERING A QUESTION!!! PEACE GUYS...

JapanRon
06-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi ghetto dad,

I saw the ICON out there today whacking the fish !! Somebody took her out!! Shawn??

Fishing tomorrow too then I'll report!

Killed 'em on plastics !!

JapanRon

Wingnut
06-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Sounds like a fun day, thanks for the report. :D