PDA

View Full Version : Charter a boat...which one

Badfish2
12-08-2008, 03:36 AM
Looking for a good boat to do some salt water fishing.. big group, my brother is in the Navy and his friends are looking to more or less take over a boat for a few days to do some serious salt water fishing. Any recomendations on this for say Jan or Feb?

tacklejunkie
12-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Looking for a good boat to do some salt water fishing.. big group, my brother is in the Navy and his friends are looking to more or less take over a boat for a few days to do some serious salt water fishing. Any recomendations on this for say Jan or Feb?

Try the Titanic. I heard they're still picking up YT.

ghetto dad
12-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Am i reading correctly?? They want to charter a boat for THREE days?? Just curious..

GD

NoHo ART
12-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Am i reading correctly?? They want to charter a boat for THREE days?? Just curious..

GD
watch out for this one bro this is a negative feedback waiting to be posted :Secret:

FISHSTIX
12-08-2008, 10:28 AM
from what i hear san diego boats are good for multiple day charters.

Ricky-Ray
12-08-2008, 10:47 AM

Where do you plan on going out of? LA? OC? San Diego? It's winter time and most of the boat's that actually do overnight to multi day trips are usually out of the water for maintenance. Only a few overnight/multi day boat's run during Jan/Feb time and usually it will either be an overnight trip or 1.5 day trip out of San Diego and those trips will usually head to Colonett for rockfish. Check with the Big 3 landings in San Diego and also Seaforth and see what 1.5 day trips are going to be available.

I know the Legend outta Seaforth is running 1.5 day trips pretty much leaving every friday night and coming back sunday morning. The Black Pearl outta Point Loma is running some 2 day trips too. You might want to check those out.

Rockfish is closed in So Cal starting Jan 1 and Ling Cod season is already closed. So pretty much if you fish in So Cal waters during Jan/Feb your pretty much mainly going after sculpin and sand bass.

deanhall32
12-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Ditto on all the stuff Ricky-Ray said but I would stay off of the Legend. That is just my personal view as I would rather fish any other boat in the fleet instead of that one!!!!!!!